Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Slide

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cappadonna, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Newbie here.

When should I be removing the slide from the bong? Do I inhale the smoke, and remove the slide when my lungs are near full? Or should I lift it as soon as I start inhaling?

2. if you're new to smoking all together, i would say pull until you start tasting the smoke, then pull the slide and clear it. if you've smoked before, you can just take as much as you want to before you clear it.

3. there really isn't any defined amount of time, you'll just gt it with experience... im still not completely there as i rarely use my bong

4. Won't I get the same amount of smoke, whether I clear it immediately or wait 4-5 seconds? Is the smoke more effective/potent if I inhale for a few seconds before clearing?

5. how long u keep the slide in determines how big of a hit u will get.

6. If you have a clear glass bong then wait until it's mostly (Or entirely) filled with smoke and then pull the slide completely out. If you only pull the slide halfway out then you will continue to fill the bong with smoke while you're inhaling.

Other than that, it's really just experience. Once you know your lung capacity, you can pretty much eyeball if a hit is going to make you choke or not.

7. I pull it when I know I have enough room in my lungs for the rest of the smoke, or when the back of my throat begins to slightly burn.

Only you know what you can inhale without coughing it all out a few seconds later.