Sleep's Maxibloom Grow with LED's/Autopots

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by SleeplessFool, Jul 15, 2012.

1. So I started these 2 fem seeds ones GH great white shark and the other is GH white rhino. They are under 2 300 watt LED panels in the big smart pots with airdomes in a mix of 50/50 perlite/coco. I am using the KISS method maxiblom for feeding at 7g per gallon. The only thing I am having issues with is the leaves curling upward on the great white shark. I am 90%sure it is from mag issues, so I have flushed her and since started adding Cal/Mag plus to the 10 gallon res I am running on. She has already started to look better so I am planing on fliping them to flower next week. Also I topped them using Uncle Bens topping technique to get 4 tops... well check the pics out:eek:

Attached Files:

2. Was using the maxibloom in my autos and the 5.8 ph in the res would always stabilize at around 6.5 no matter what. Went back to cns17 and solved the problem.
    The maxibloom works better in my potted containers, but to get a ph of 6.5 at the soil level I need to lower my water/feed to 4.8 and am around 6.8....

Just curious if your having this problem.....

3. Hey Cola, I dont seem to be having that problem with the ph. Usually after I add the maxi to the res my PH is around 5.4 to 5.6. After about a week it only drifts up to 6.0 and by then I need to add more water and nuits anyways so I have not really had to add much of any ph down. I do us dripclean and pro-TeKt with the maxibloom. I add the pro-TeKt first then the maxibloom. I have been thinking about going back to cns17 through, I find those nuits hard to beat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Got my chair pulled up.

5. Thanks SF....Have no idea why this happens with my filtered water @60ppm and maxibloom....Getting ready to blend an coco/peat organic mix and put ph and chemicals behind me...:D

I'm liking the larger size of your pots...;)My bad for getting the two pot system

6. Anytime Cola... My tap comes out at around 35ppm and 7.5ph. After I add pro-tekt my PH shoots up to around 8.8, then once I add in the maxibloom it drops it down to about 5.2ph. I usually just leave it there and let it rise on its own over the week. This last weekend before I added more water and nuits to the res the PH was 6.3.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just checked out your SLH journal. Very nice plant, but WTF!? You can't leave a brotha hanging like that with such a beauty! I feel like I need some closure; one pic of a nug, a final dry weight... something!

8. Hey case unfortunately I don't have any pics of the SLH harvest, but the final dry weight on it was just over 6.5oz and the trim and stems where turned into a pound of butter. Computer shit out right at the end of that grow and was not able to finish that journal...

9. Hey all, heres day 5 of 12/12.

Attached Files:

10. nice lookin little plants

have you ever defoliated?

i think you might benefit from it

11. Looks good.

I'm just gonna hang around a bit :)

12. Hey all heres day 12 of flower. Have started to add liquid KoolBloom then at week 7 plan on switching to dry KoolBloom for a week, then only phed water tell end. Just have to say this is turing out to be the easiest grow yet.

Attached Files:

13. do you care to share what brand leds your using?

14. I got 2 300 watt diamond series LED in there.

Attached Files:

15. Cool, should have my Diamond tomorrow! Subbed!

16. #16 SleeplessFool, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Good pick for an LED, I am sure you will like it Nullster. Only thing i can tell you about it from doing one grow before this one is don't put the light closer than 24" from the top of the colas. I did on my last grow and it light bleached the tops. Other than that it has worked wonderful for me. Heres a pic of the bleaching and the last plant i grew with these LED's.

Attached Files:

17. How do bleached nugs smoke? I bet that would trip some people out, pulling out a sack of white bud.

18. How do you rate these nutes? I've though about giving them a go. 7 grams right through veg and flower is that right? Seems too easy. Stupid easy. I tend to complicate my grow out of boredom so perhaps too easy. But for a perpetual grow i don't think you could beat the simplicity

19. I mostly just vape instead of smoking, but I could not tell any difference from the bleached ones and the non bleached ones.

20. Thanks for the note! I got my light, nutes, tent, and exhaust/carbon filter :hello: just waiting for tests pens, CocoGro and beans. I see the LED's instructions say 20-24". How close was your light? Also, did you do a journal for that grow?