Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sleeping without weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mr Stoned, Jul 13, 2010.

1. #1 Mr Stoned, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
    This is a commonly cited reason for heavy users not to take T Breaks and consequently makes the prospect of going a day without weed fairly horrifying. I find it much harder to sleep when I don't have weed, but then I wake up a lot more tired the next day when I do have a big smoke and a long sleep (which is pretty much every night) than when I get 6 hours of good quality sober sleep. So what are your sleeping tips for when sobriety comes knocking on your door?

For me, there are three things that really help this sobriety caused insomia. Those things are:

Exercise: This one goes without saying. If you complete a long run or heavy run during the day, then you'll feel much more tired that evening than you otherwise would have been, inevitably improving the ease of sleep.

Reading: Get yourself a really engrossing book and read for about half an hour before bed. This will tire your eyes out significantly and when you're lying awake in bed, your thoughts will drift across all the characters and goings on in the book, rather than racing meaninglessly about everything you're not doing right in your life. I'm a big fan of fantasy books and find contemplating all the wizards, warriors and crazies as I lie in bed to be an express ticket to dreamworld.

Masturbating: This is probably the most consistently effective way of turning those lights out. It's important to orgasm in the position in which you wish to sleep, which will make sinking into the matress that much easier. Have a sock ready that you can bust into and just lie back, rexlax and let the darkness wash over your body. For girls, there is no need for a sock of any kind, but this tip will still work for you.

2. I am on day two of my t break and i have been up all night. I did the masturbation tip the other night and it helped a lot.

3. I find that alcohol and sex works best.

4. this is w/o a doubt the hardest thing for me with t-breaks. There is nothing better to me than that like 15-20 mins before I fall asleep when I have just smoked a bowl and I can just relax and lie there and think...sorta like my 15 minutes of silence every day.

While it's been a while since I've had a t-break I for some reason didn't smoke a bowl before bed the night before last. Can't say it had that much affect on me or my day the next day though

5. ya im in this boat wish i wasnt. but unless i get laid theres no way i get to sleep till 5-6 in the morning. so my solution is i just wont wtop smokin:)

6. STRESS should be added on there...Reducing the stress because some people like to toke up during a rough patch in the day..

oh sleeping..without weed.l

7. I hate trying to sleep when I have not smoked.

8. Every night I come home from work at 2 am. Then I read grasscity and get high. Then I go to the gym. Then I come home and masturbate.

I shit you not.

This has to be why I sleep like a baby.

(I can subtract any one but the smoking though and sleep fine.)

9. I really only find it hard to sleep the first night of a t break then im good, booze and sex does help tho

10. This and boredom are two of the main reasons I have avoided taking a t-break and make it must to get high during the day (even if its just one spliff at night). However from past experience reading is definitly great for tiring yourself out, has worked on me many occassions.

11. I am an Insomniac so it goes without saying that sleeping without my lady Mary is hard enough. I find it most easy to pop in a movie or put on some slow chill music like for instance Kid Cudi then just close your eyes and let your mind wander.

12. yea music helps a lot.

13. i smoke every night at midnight "midnight bowling"
    but the days i dont it is so hard for me to sleep i toss and turn and can never fall asleep
    ill keep this list in mind but 1 more other thing you forgot, dont eat anything sugar or caffine before u go to bed it makes it that much harder to fall asleep

14. I think using weed to help you sleep is much healthier than alcohol. Though a glass or two of red wine and a light meal is perfect for inducing sleep. Also, sometimes I find the masturbation backfires on me, in that sometimes I'm much more awake afterward. Exercise is perfect for knocking you out though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Eh, with music I usually start listening to the music instead of falling asleep.

16. it's been 7 days since i last smoked.
    I never find taking breaks to be that bad. its harder to go to sleep (might take me like 20-30 minutes) but once im asleep i sleep the whole night fine so whatever

17. yeah .. a night without herb is unnecessary

18. You should also add melatonin.

Its a natural thing (pill) that tell your brain that it is nighttime and you start to get really tired.

Its not some sleeping pill but i've heard they work great.

19. dude im on my 4th day and its rough ik wat ur going thought :(

20. Sleeping without Mary Jane is a b-i-t-c-h. Lemme emphasize that--sleeping without Mary Jane is a B-I-T-C-H!!!!