Sleeping patterns

Discussion in 'General' started by Jitros067, Nov 28, 2012.

1. So apparently, the average amount of sleep needed to lead a healthy life is, 7-8 hours.

I've heard there are some "theories" which suggest a 5 hour sleep, with a 1 hour 30 min nap in the afternoon is also sufficient enough to be considered a "healthy" amount.

My question is, if you were up all night and had to wake up in the wee hours of the morning, would you rather get as much sleep as you can? or sleep for let's say, 4-5 hours, more of like a prolonged power nap?

2. Sometimes it's better not to sleep at all. For me, when I wake up I feel more tired than if I'd never slept at all. 4-5 hours can recharge you sometimes, but it all depends on how long until you can sleep again.

3. my sleeping patter has been fucked up for years I don't even know when I'd sleep every night so I don't plan it. Usually I sleep 4 hours during the day which is shit, nothing compares to sleeping at nigh but I never done that for ages.

4. #4 Iowa Fresh, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
    Anything less than five isn't worth it imo, id just stay up. Otherwise you get that "i can't really think or see straight and why am i shaking and this coffee is making me even more tired" feeling. The worst....

Lately, for me, I haven't even been getting tired until I've been up for like 20 hours. I think it's from quitting cigs and stress.

5. ive been getting about 6 hours of sleep every night for months now, i have to get up at 5am. never taken a nap or anything. idk that i would consider it 'healthy' but im used to it now and its easy enough to make it through the day. also i sleep extreme amounts on the weekend.

6. My sleeping habits are so bad and have been since high school.

It can be very detrimental to your health. Severely, actually, but fuck it. I will go on only a few hours of sleep sometimes, without medicine.

7. My sleep is so mest up I work a random schedule its crazy two grave yard one morning one after noon then who knows what's next week

/look at me I'm so cute\