Sleeping disorders?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kallas, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Anyone ever had a sleeping disorder?

A few years ago i went thru weeks of sleep paralasis.

But the sleep paralasis i cant stand.Its as if for the short time it happans something or someone has control over me and i cant do anything.It happaned first when i was 16 on some medication i was on.Would always happan just as id gone to sleep.

Would start with me feeling wide awake in my room but when id go to move nothing would happan and thats normally when id feel something pulling me into my bed.At first id try and move and still no movement only thing i could move was my mouth so i tried yelling not one sound would come out of me.this would last from anywhere from 10 seconds to 90 seconds.
    and bang id just be awake and able to move again but id always felt like i was wide awake the whole time.
    Its the most evil feeling in the world.
    Hasnt happaned for awhile but i go thru it at least once a year went thru it everynight for 2 weeks when i was 16 but stopped when i came off the medication.

2. Yeah man it always happans when im sleeping flat on my back too.
    Its like that feeling that most people have when there falling in a dream and wake up just before they hit the ground in a fright but way worse.

3. I know exacly what your talking about. When i was about 12 years old I would get intense disturbments when i was sleeping. It was like some one was holding me down with some invisable force. I couldnt open my eyes and I tried to scream as loud as I can and was not able to. It was like a silent scream that was whispered. It felt like it lasted minutes. I wasnt able to do anything so I screamed till I fell back asleep. I was over powered. I dont know what it was but it truly felt like pure evil.

A friend of mine told me that she used to have that feeling also and one day she manage to open her eyes while she was being controled by that strange force, seeing hideous face that looked like a few differant animals floating over her. She beleives it was the Devil. Shes my friends mom and dont see a reason why she would make that up.

Im grown up now and havnt expirenced that feeling in over 15 years. I dont consider this as a sleeping disorder though.
    Is there a scientific explanation for this?

4. thats crazy
    i thought i was the only one that this happens to
    it started for me around like 3rd grade too
    its the worst feeling ever
    it used to happen to me so much that i came up wit ha way to make it stop
    not completely but get out of it
    whenever it happens to me i just use ALL my will power to move and arm
    and as soon as u move and arm then u can move everything
    that is probly the worst feeling ever too

its weird bcuz that stopped for a LONG time and then like 2 nights ago i got it again
    and i was half asleep
    it was creepy
    on of my friends was hiding behind my couch where i sleep (this was the dream part)
    creeping his head out whispering my name and i couldnt move a muscle to get up and see if he was really there

it scared the hell out of me

5. o yeah, and the worst feeling of all is when it is happening and someone like a parent or something walks by you and has no idea and u try as hard as possible to let them know but u cannot move or make a noise AHHHH i hate that so badly

6. Feeling paralyzed within a dream or while waking up is actually a physical process of protection by your body while you are asleep. The fear & rush of adrenaline bring you to partial wakefulness, close to waking up completely. While we are asleep (in REM state), our brain induces paralysis to prevent us from acting out our dreams, and quite possibly hurting ourselves. There have been reported deaths of people with this mechanism being faulty, who fled a dream "monster" and threw themselves out of a high-rise apartment, or ran into the street and were struck by a car and killed. There have also been reports of people "fighting" dream assailants, and sadly when they "come to" or awaken, they find out they have hurt or even killed their housemate or spouse.

7. When I get sleep paralysis the only thing I can move are my eyes. When I get it after a long sleep I guess I'm still dreaming because I'll see and hear crazy shit. It's not demonic or anything though.

Here's another link. This one is more scientific.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

8. Intresting Information Ripp, Thx. I also shared this info with my friend. It gave her a better understanding. and me to of course.

9. Depression Induced Insomnia.

Other than that, not much, i was addicted to some perscription drugs at one time that had nasty drowsy effects that made me sleep at the time.

10. I too have experienced sleep paralysis, but I think the thing that made it happen was me reading a thread about the paranormal and sleep paralysis and such, then right after I close the window my friend messages me with her experience, telling me that it happened to her. It was just TOO coincidental, scared the fuck out of me. Then when I went to sleep I had it happen to me and I agree, it is the most evil feeling ever--I absolutely hate it, I blame my friend.. seriously. Gahhhhh!! I can't sleep in the dark, although it's gotten better I sleep with the T.V on or something.

11. i've never experienced that without trying, i used to experiment with out of body experiences and one of the stages sounds alot like sleep paralysis where you're awake but cannot move. Then after that stage your body starts vibrating similar to the frequency of a cell phone on vibrate, then after that stage im usually out of my body :wave: I havent tried that in awhile.. its good fun! :D

12. OK Lets Play :D

[​IMG]

J/K

13. im down, i've played before..