Sleeping 14 hours every 2-3 days?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by AdultBaby1, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Rather than a normal 24 hour cycle do you think it is okay to go for months where you sleep 12-14 hours every 2-3 days. Sometimes maybe 20 min nap but besides that I would be up for 48 hours sometime than sleep for 12-14 hours at once.

2. No.. I suffer with insomnia and need the strongest meds in the world to sleep.. any less than 7-8 hrs per 24 hours fucks you up..

Most of your threads are for attention tho...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You get used to it. I haven't slept more than 5 hours a night in over 5 years. I refuse to take any medication that can make you dependant on it if you take it all the time, so anything stronger than over the counter medicine I won't take. And the shit over the counter don't help me much, maybe to get me to fall asleep, but nothing makes me stay asleep.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. That’s a very confusing sleep schedule I can’t go on less then 7 hours and function …
    2 or 3 days is a massive time difference , 12 hours is not enough for 3 days But fine for two …
    Explaining this topic more would help .. more detail.
    Heck cats sleep 14 hour a day

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 Butterfat, Sep 14, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    I average about 6 hrs a day now. Lots better then the 2-3 hrs max i got for a few yrs ...

Edibles get me to 6hrs a night.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I suffer from insomnia as well. I used to have 12-15 hour sleeps like 2-3 times a month. Most nights I would get 6-8 hours a night. Since I reached 50, I barely get 4-5 a night. I have used various over the counter and prescription drugs for aiding me in sleep. Over the last year I picked up grass as a sleep aid. Now I'm slowly inching back up to 6-7 hours a night.

7. @tklmyfeet Hi hon, I'm "Granny", a cannabis science nerd. You may not be getting the best possible effect from your cannabis! I strongly suggest that you start taking Omega 3 to improve the health of your endocannabinoid system. If cannabis helps you to sleep, Omega 3 may help the cannabis work even better.

Most people don't get enough of Omega 3, but get way too much pro-inflammatory Omega 6. The reason why I am talking to you about this is that you can't properly hook up the CB1 receptors that cannabis activates without some Omega 3!

The earliest study I’ve found on this is “Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.” Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions - PubMed Here’s the key sentence- “In n-3-deficient mice, presynaptic cannabinoid CB(1) receptors (CB(1)Rs) normally responding to endocannabinoids were uncoupled from their effector G(i/o) proteins.” (n-3 = Omega 3).

(In case you just had a toke :smoking:, that means - "In Omega 3 deficient mice, the CB1 receptors that are normally activated by endocannabinoids, were left unattached to their effector proteins." Endocannabinoids are your body's own version of THC.)

I think of it like a radio with a loose wire to the speaker. Everything is there, but no "music" happens.

Now you have billions of CB1 receptors in your body, but each "uncoupled" receptor cuts into your ability to respond to cannabis. So they can't help you sleep, or help heal you, or even get you high!

The good news is that your body can, and will, replace defective receptors if it has a chance (in other words, access to Omega 3 and an even half-way healthy diet). But it simply takes time to replace all those defective receptors. (In studies on Omega 3 and depression, it took a month to 6 weeks to see an effect.)

It might be worth your time to buy a large bottle of Omega 3 capsules (fish oil or flax seed oil) and take them for a couple months. The worst that happens is that you are using a supplement that is healthy for your heart, brain and joints, while your sleep remains unchanged.

Granny :wave:

Further reading-
    Study says Omega-3 supplements improve sleep in people with low fish consumption (2021)
    Study says omega-3 supplements improve sleep in people with low fish consumption

Higher levels of omega-3 in diet are associated with better sleep, study shows (2014)
    Higher levels of omega-3 in diet are associated with better sleep, study shows

Higher levels of omega-3 acids in the blood increases life expectancy by almost five years (2021) Higher levels of omega-3 acids in the blood increases life expectancy by almost five years

“The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids” The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids - PubMed (This is just a short, 1 paragraph abstract.)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. What meds help you sleep if I might ask?

9. When I wake up middle of the night and smoke it makes my eyelids twitch therefore disabling my ability to sleep! God I wish weed could put me asleep like it did in highschool!

10. This is absolutely not good for you. You can't bank sleep. There is a point of diminishing returns. Google Matthew Walker. He is a sleep researcher and provides a lot of good info on the subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 6-9 hours a day is a better choice … sleep deprivation isn’t a good plan . You’re going to start seeing hallucinations..

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I cannot say on here, forum rules, sorry.

13. But I do get on average 6 to 9 hours a day. Just that I may stay up for 48 hours sometimes and sleep 12 hours. I did it for a week straight and it helped my productivity a lot.

14. Insomnia sucks some days I only sleep 5-7 hours or less . Bad days , but I don’t stay up 48 hours anymore too long ..

15. I sleep when I can. I'm disabled and in pain always! So I get like 5 at night and 3 during day. I tell people they need to remove 4 hours in a day or make it 2 twelve hour days lolll

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Some days you sleep 5-7 hours?.. that's not insomnia... How about 72 hours without sleep?..

17. You insomniacs need to look into @BrassNwood and his hash capsules.
    My clients absolutely rave about them and their effectiveness, especially for sleep disorders.
    And listen to @Storm Crow , Omega 3 is a game changer. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Active social lifestyle, good food, good sports, and good sex, and many interests
    means I still get my 8 hours sleep every night
    I been to too many funerals, young and old, both sleep quitters now on the big sleep .....suckers

the last guy trying to work 2 day time jobs and 6 hours? sleep has still to pay his funeral costs ...lol

19. You can't bank sleep, maybe fun now at this age just wait ...theirs always a price to pay