Sleep paralysis?

Discussion in 'General' started by goodvibess, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Hey guys, so lately whenever i smoke, if i lay down for a bit ill get the feelings and vibes in my body that people describe as sleep paralysis.

Its a hard thing to describe i guess. idk.
    if anyone can help lemme know:smoking:

2. I love tripping and going into sleep paralysis; I get nearly 'orgasmic' waves of energy all while not being able to move a muscle.

This only happens when I haven't moved in 30+ minutes.

Tip: You can lucid dream much easier when in sleep paralysis.

3. It happens to me every so often even though I no longer blaze.

I have noticed it as a coefficient of having difficulties breathing while sleeping.

The sensation is pretty shitty IMO I hate putting so much effort into moving and being sedentary.

4. I thought sleep paralysis was some scary shit? Could be wrong, IDK.

5. Sleep paralysis is often misinterpreted.

6. ^ The inability to physically move. What other ways can people interpret it?

• Like Like x 1
  7. when you go to sleep some parts of the body shuts down
    . if it did not, then you would move around, like walk, run, act out what you are dreaming

8. #8 SoothingSynesthesia, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
    Well as in to OP. Sleep paralysis is more than sensations.

9. I've had some intense sleep paralysis events, repeated hallucinations, seeing figures in the room with me..all while not being able to move. Its scary when it happens at first

10. This would happen a few times back when I was younger. The bed would start to spin and all of a sudden rise up high in the air continuing to spin.

I was fully aware and knew after a couple of times, just try to move, just a little bit if at all possible. And i would eventually snap out of it.

11. Sleep Paralysis can definitely cause hallucinations. It happened to me a couple times. The first time it did I couldn't move at all, and heard a really loud buzzer to my right. I tried to yell for help because I was scared, but I couldn't even make a sound. Scary shit. But I'm not scared of it anymore. I just try to wiggle my toes and fingers and it gets you out of it because it usually only effects the bigger muscles.

12. [quote name='"yoregan"']Sleep Paralysis can definitely cause hallucinations. It happened to me a couple times. The first time it did I couldn't move at all, and heard a really loud buzzer to my right. I tried to yell for help because I was scared, but I couldn't even make a sound. Scary shit. But I'm not scared of it anymore. I just try to wiggle my toes and fingers and it gets you out of it because it usually only effects the bigger muscles.[/quote]

Same thing happend to me except my dream was a nightmare. I woke up to a black silhouette of a female getting on top of me but instead of having a good feeling i was fuckin terrified. Well she gets on me and i cant move, as much as im trying i cant save myself. My brother sleeps in the same room as I so I figured i'll yell for him. So I started yelling help me but this black silhouette just covered my mouth. After about 1 min of trying to scream help i wake up. My brother told me i freaked him out because he heard me faintly say help me. Shit gives me the chills. This dreamed happend twice btw

13. nah man thats the thing, when I'm high that exact thing will happen in literally 30secs whenever i close my eyes. i can like, control it, idk man its weird. no complaints. just weird

14. I have had similar experiences. The first few times I had sleep paralysis, I woke to see the same black/shadow-like figure standing at the end of my bed, it had no features but glowing eyes and it just stood there without moving. I felt terrified and couldn't move.
    The most recent times I've experienced sleep paralysis I was more aware and decided not to freak out and just focus..one time it just made me wake up, another time I tried moving around like in a lucid dream and it felt as if my head was slipping out of my body and floating towards the wall I was looking at, I woke up as soon as my face was next to the wall lol

15. tip on how to use the internet.

EVERYTHING can be learned on youtube. If you know what you are searching for. That is all

16. it is scary, at least your first experience. i thought i was getting abducted. and there's nothing pleasurable about it either, idk what some dude said a couple posts back. its pretty uncomfortable.

i used to have dreams sometimes when i'd take a nap about being stuck in sleep paralysis and trying to get help, and it would repeat over and over again. however ive woken up during sleep paralysis once and just immediately went back to sleep after recognizing it.

its just kinda scary since youre in a whole different state

17. [quote name='"Iluvatar"']
    I have had similar experiences. The first few times I had sleep paralysis, I woke to see the same black/shadow-like figure standing at the end of my bed, it had no features but glowing eyes and it just stood there without moving. I felt terrified and couldn't move.
    The most recent times I've experienced sleep paralysis I was more aware and decided not to freak out and just focus..one time it just made me wake up, another time I tried moving around like in a lucid dream and it felt as if my head was slipping out of my body and floating towards the wall I was looking at, I woke up as soon as my face was next to the wall lol[/quote]

Yea man, scary shit

18. Glad someone posted about this, because it's fucked up shit.

Strange that a lot of people have the 'woman silhouette' thing. I used to get it where a woman with long blonde hair over her face would come through the door and walk down beside the bed, and just stand next to me. But I couldn't turn my head to look at her - I just felt her standing beside me.

Also, slept on my brother's floor once on Christmas Eve, and could see him in his bed, and he turned into a demon and just crept along the floor towards my face. Everytime he got close, the whole process would reset.

But yeah I'm just used to this shit now. Haven't had the visual hallucination ones in a while, but keep getting it when I'll be on my side and can hear people walking around the room. Just pisses me off.

Good thing is, if you're aware you're in a sleep paralysis moment (which does happen quite a lot), focus on trying to relax. The harder you try to shout or move, the worse it gets. Wiggle your fingers and toes or just try to fall back asleep and you'll be dandy.

Apart from when your brain starts doing that thing where you think you've got out of bed and you're REALLY struggling to walk around the room, as if your whole body is dragging you to the floor in a really tired, sleepy state, but it feels completely real. And then you wake up in bed and the same thing keeps happening over and over and over and over and over and over again. Most frustrating SHIT ever.

19. I've had a dream that was sort of like this. I would walk into my bedroom except it wouldn't have my furniture, it'd be a different color, ect. but technically it was "my room". So when I walked in and looked around I realized it wasn't my room so I stepped outside shut the door and walked back it. Again, I walked into my room but it wasn't my room. The decor had again changed. This went on for what seemed like forever. Eventually I was in the room for the last time. I looked into a mirror that was there (and I actually saw MY face, I've been under the impression you don't see your face in your dreams) and I grabbed my hair while yelling "WAKE UP! WAKE UP!"

Then I did wake up. It was strange, every room was so different from the previous one and I just wanted to be in my bed with my things!