Sleep paralysis/Astral projection?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by drpep1968, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Dude if you guys quit masturbating for let's say a week your dreams get crazy vivid. I'm not even joking, you can actually search it up. It's crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. LOL, are you referring to all types of dreams or just that the sexual ones become more vivid?
    I've had quite some lucid dreams, that were awesome, I think there's even guides on Youtube on how to induce lucid dreaming, hell there's even one that teaches you how to induce a sleep paralysis experience.

3. Just vivid in general. Although I have quite a few sexual dreams which are awesome lol. Yeah I'm going a month without fapping because I want to. Every time I'm a week in, my dreams become so vivid I did a search and read that a lot of people noticed that too. Quite odd, something to do with dopamine. I try to have lucid dreams, takes too long I just fall asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Help me out with understanding your logic guys. Science tells us that even this waking life is a hallucination created by the brain and what I'm experiencing right now isn't whats actually there but rather it is how the brain interprets certain sensory inputs...So to say that Astral Projection is just a hallucination, to me doesn't seem to take it very far from being as legit as ones waking experience "hallucinations". i.e could they not be viewed as being in the same playing field of reality as it were they are both a kind of hallucination.

What is it exactly that differentiates the waking life hallucinations of the brain and gives them more credibility as a real thing? Are there "real hallucinations" to be taken seriously and "non real hallucinations" that aren't to be taken seriously? Don't know if that makes any sense.

5. No.. science tells us that our brains are organs that evolved to interpret reality. It senses external stimuli and converts it to a format our consciousness can use. In order to convert, it creates. That doesn't mean that reality is just a hallucination of the brain. Since we domesticated ourselves though, our brains have evolved to be able to create thoughts that aren't centered around reality. When someone creates a thought that isn't reality based and believes that thought is reality, it is a hallucination or delusion. As of now.. and in terms of what science tells us, astral projection and out of body experiences are only creations of the brain and not reality.

6. Astral Projection is a very detailed and confusing subject, & so is this subject of hallucinations.

Astral Projection isn't something new, it's an ancient practice that has always carried controversy around with it.

Take the 7 planes of existence:

Physical plane: The densest of the seven planes; where we presently reside.

Astral plane: The second plane of creation. Its medium is concrete emotional energy. It is where our consciousness is focused between lifetimes and when we're finished with the physical plane.

Causal plane: The third plane of creation. Its medium is concrete intellectual energy. It is Michael's plane of existence.

Akashic plane: The central, neutral plane of creation that interconnects the other six. The distilled knowledge of the universe is recorded there.This is the records generated of everything that happens in the universe as it occurs. The appearance is that all matter and energy have a sort of built-in digital recording device, storing its entire history in a photographic code, but the records are actually windows into the past. The records show events exactly as they were experienced, so the information in them begins raw-it is not clarified, understood, and assimilated until a consciousness takes responsibility for doing so. Once it is fully assimilated, it is stored on the akashic plane.

Mental plane: The fifth plane of creation. Its medium is abstract intellectual energy, emphasizing truth. The infinite soul who incarnated as Lao-tzu taught from this plane.

Messianic plane: The sixth plane of creation. Its medium is abstract emotional energy, emphasizing love. The infinite soul who incarnated as Jesus taught from this plane.

Buddhaic plane: The highest plane of creation. Its medium is pure or abstract kinetic energy. We experience the buddhaic plane just before fully refocusing our awareness in the Tao. The infinite soul who incarnated as Buddha taught from this plane.

The Universe is a vast place with many dimensions & our physical bodies are just a vice for our spirits to walk around on Earth...Therefore, I 100% believe that Astral Projection is very real & is not what some may call a "Hallucination".

• Like Like x 4
  7. After all, Astrophysics is still science.

8. That is the basic picture that I was trying to paint with my words Mantikore, we may have just adopted a different semantic protocol. I suppose you have put it better.

It is a Hallucination relative to what is actually there in reality.

Now this begs the question what is reality then?

What if the only reality is consciousness itself (that which has no qualities of its own, but through which all qualities are realized) Anything else could be a simple bias towards certain phenomena.

9. That is the basic picture that I was trying to paint with my words Mantikore, we may have just adopted a different semantic protocol. I suppose you have put it better.

It is a Hallucination relative to what is actually there in reality.

Now this begs the question what is reality then?

What if the only reality is consciousness itself (that which has no qualities of its own, but through which all qualities are realized) Anything else could be a simple bias towards certain phenomena.

10. It would be cool if you could delete double posts, I tried to post it the first time and it didn't go through, now i got two posts.
    Sorry

11. It not a hallucination relative to reality.. it is an interpretation of reality. Unless there is something physically wrong with your brain, what you sense is reality. No life form senses reality in full.. when you look at an object, there is a plethora of energy that we don't need to take in to sense said object. We don't need to see UV light, or infrared, or radiation.. so we never evolved to do so. That doesn't mean what we sense isn't real, just incomplete.

Now if there were something physically wrong with your brain.. like for people with the condition where they see colors in their mind when sensing other things.. or someone who sees or hears things that aren't there.. those would be hallucinations. Again, sensing and interpreting reality isn't a hallucination.. I know that in the end, the brain creates the experience.. but unless that creation doesn't exist in reality, it isn't a hallucination. Now you could ask that if the brain creates everything, then how do we know what is real and what isn't? And the answer.. well, isn't easy obviously.. but working with other people who evolved to sense the same aspects of reality is a good start.

12. I've used the word hallucination to denote this interpretation of reality thats all just semantics. I agree that it is an interpretation of reality. I basically wanted to highlight that is an inwardly manufactured phenomena based on outside stimuli and chose to put that way.

How exactly does the brain create something that isn't real.
    If to create means to bring something into existence, how is the brain bringing into existence that which does not exist at all physical or otherwise?

Basically what I'm trying to get at here is this, even if you don't believe in the Astral as real, you can experience it. This experience is the result of consciousness casting its attention on it, all beliefs aside one could say that for both the astral and the physical are subject to consciousness (hence they can both be taken seriously as some kind of phenomena). Things that really don't exist won't even come in the form of a Hallucination at all i.e there wont even be any phenomena whatsoever whose validity as real or not can be assessed

Hence the notion that consciousness is the ultimate reality, everything else physical or otherwise is part of the phenomena that one can be legitimately experience within consciousness.

13. Well if you would have actually read what I wrote.. I never said astral projection isn't real, only that it is your brain. You don't literally project your spirit from your body.. the entire experience is created by your brain. If you're the type of person who doesn't want to offend others and tell them that everything they experience within their brain is real and not a delusion in comparison to reality, be my guest.. but the fact remains that astral projection has not been proven to be anything more than internal brain activity.

How does the brain create what isn't real? That just your brain dude.. get used to it. All brains have the ability to create.. they kind of have to as I already explained. All it is is chemical and electrical activity within your brain.. your neurons.. and they can fire and activate for a variety of reasons.. even when there is nothing in reality to instigate them.

14. What I meant to do by saying "Astral projection isn't real" was to address the disbelieve in the ability to genuinely project and separate from your body. In other words I have recognized the terms within which you classify astral projection i.e as an experience created by your brain which has no substance as a real thing apart from the brains contrivances). These are just words getting in the way of accurately conveying meaning.

Its not about avoiding offense by telling them that everything that they experience is real. It is simply my conception of the nature of reality as something that goes beyond the physical.

15. No.. they're not just words and semantics. It is a simple fact that there is no proof one can separate their mind from their body. Hence why I originally said that until proof is provided, I see no reason to believe that astral projection is anymore that just brain activity. It is just another one of those beliefs that have been around for generations that people believe because they want to believe. Much like all the other beliefs that are unable to provide a shred of physical evidence.

Can you prove that your mind is separate from your body? No? Thought so.. move on.

16. Astral projection and sleep paralysis are very demonic in nature. That's why you always feel a sinister prescence around you when it happens, tou never feel at peace or in a state of joy. Do not try to Astral project or induce sleep paralysis, trust me that stuff is nothing to mess with.

17. #38 Wisdom Tooth, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016

Oh and Try this before bed ;)

If it works then you know how they do it on TV. The mind catches everything even if our eyes don't.
    So keep the consumption pure and of peace & positivity if that is what you truly desire in your external performance and attractions.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I know astral projection is when your dreaming pretty vividly but what the fuck is sleep paralysis? Is it when your dreaming your in bed before you wake up? Because ive had that a lot and feeling a presence there but i know its just a dream but sometimes it can be a nightmare but ive never had it when im just in bed and cant move that shit just seems unbelievable. For me at least, because when i wake up im awake and dont feel like just lying there. I like to sleep in sometimes and lay down and rest but never felt like i was paraylzed. So can someone clearify what exactly is sleep paralysis

19. DMT is very similar yet more powerful, vivid and real then astral projection. I believe that's on the 4th 5th and possibly 6th dimensions. It releases while we enter REM sleep.

When you're dreaming you don't really know that you're dreaming, everything that's happening to you then and there is real and important and intense, and the life you were living immediately before you began to dream is a distant memory, seems impossible to recall. You're in the moment living your dream life and it's as real as life can be. But then you wake up, and those distant memories you found so difficult to recall are now present and youshake off the dream life that you had, only seconds ago, been completely convinced was real.

After having done DMT, I had visions that my own human experience was just as fragile as any dreamed experience: real at the time, but immediately discard-able when and if memories of a more enlightened existence comes back to me.

• Like Like x 1