Sleep Deprivation and Hillucinations

Discussion in 'General' started by Thomas29, Aug 26, 2010.

1. #1 Thomas29, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2010
    Okay I have been suffering from HARDCORE SEVERE INSOMIA to the FUCKING MAX for like idk almost 2 years now I guess. But idk how much sleep I have had recently but as I am reading this the words just like keep fucking floating away in different directions when I focus on them. lol like I got to keep shaking my head and re-focus just to finish this post this. What my question is.... should I be worried that I might drop dead soon if I don't figure out how to calm myself down enough to get more sleep than I am getting currently.

2. here is what i found.

"One of the symptoms of prolonged sleep deprivation is hallucinations (10). This could also be related to the I-function since it is the system that integrates the input from all other areas of the brain. If the neurons composing the I-function become too taxed then the picture in the head that the I-function produces may be more dissimilar from reality than usual. The neurons, under pressure to continue functioning but unable to perform optimally, create an image useful enough for a person to see most of his or her surroundings. Metabolic activity in the prefrontal cortex can drop as much as eleven percent after a person has missed sleep for only twenty four hours (8). As a person loses more sleep or continues to receive less-than-adequate amounts of sleep the neurons become even more taxed and the I-function may begin to generate even less coherent images possibly resulting in temporary insanity."

The Effects of Sleep Deprivation on Brain and Behavior | Serendip's Exchange

they do cite sources if you care for that matter.

3. Shiiiiit..... took me a while to read that with all the morphing shit and such but. Least I know what I gotta do now go to bed lmfao!

4. i know what you're talking about, i once took too much benzos and blacked out and when i came back i was kicked out of the house, walked around for 2 days straight parked cars seemed to float towards me or away from me traffic didnt even seem to move until i got honked at.
    It eventually got sickening and i passed out in some random woods lol:smoking:

5. pretty much you have to get some shut-eye.

good luck to you and your health. ^^

6. Thank you I could really use the good luck. plus rep

7. yes tommy you need to fucking sleep!!!!!!!:rolleyes:;)

i once stayed up for 11 days.....

not a good idea.....

i also have had hallucinations....of corse i thought they where from many things......it wasnt till i was 32 i found out what they really were.....
    partial seizures......of corse lack of sleep has big effect on seizures.....that i didnt know i was having....

\t\t\t \t\t\tyou get board or have the time.....let me know what you think about this? just cus i could use some "outsiders" opinions.....thanks!:wave:

Complex Partial Seizures Present Diagnostic Challenge - Psychiatric Times

TLE also may be responsible for chronic rather than just acute psychoses. While any of the symptoms of schizophrenia may be encountered, paranoid traits are the most common. TLE patients can be distinguished from schizophrenic patients by the maintenance, when not acutely ill, of warm affect and good rapport. In addition to the history, the diagnosis of complex partial seizure disorder can be aided by EEG. However, since such diagnosis remains a clinical one, it should be noted that several negative EEGs do not rule out the diagnosis of TLE in a given patient.

The treatment of TLE is complicated by the fact that many times improved seizure control via anticonvulsants leads to deterioration of the neuropsychiatric status. Schizophrenia-like epileptic psychoses often emerge when anticonvulsants are normalizing or improving the seizure activity. If this antithesis isn't recognized, the psychosis will soon become more of a problem than the seizures. One expert, Dietrich Blumer, M.D., has gone so far as to claim: "It is probable that the modern schizophrenia-like epileptic psychoses are largely iatrogenic in nature, caused by modern ability to control seizures." \t\t
    \t\t\t\t__________________