Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sleep and T-Breaks

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Iconoclast, Sep 30, 2010.

1. I don't like to say that anybody's anecdotes are false but for the most part I think we can come to the consensus that the only real symptoms marijuana withdrawal MAY cause are difficulty sleeping and wanting to smoke really badly.

So what do you guys do when you can't sleep when you're on a T-break? I tried popping diphenhydramine pills (sleep aid) but you build tolerance to that too and I'm not too keen on putting pharmaceuticals into my body. But god DAMN is it a bitch to want to be on a break because your highs start to get boring but you can't sleep for shit.

2. try taking melatonin supplements or melatonin herbal tea. Melatonin is a chemical found in our body that promotes sleep.

taking this for the first week when getting to sleep is toughest could help you out

3. I've used melatonin & diphenhydramine in conjunction with each other to sleep during t-breaks, helps a lot, but my quality of sleep suffers.

If I'm not on a break to get clean, I'll still take a couple hits before bed, just enough to fall asleep. I figure it's not going to effect my tolerance going down by too much, and I actually get to sleep for more than 2 hours a night.

4. I usually just get faded and pass out. 100% effectiveness.

5. What I found most effective, and above all the most healthy way, is to go for a mile or two job, quick shower, then go right to bed. Not only that, but the exercise burns fat cells (which is what THC bonds to) so you're detoxing even further.

Hope this helps!

6. The t break sleep issues are noticeable, but they go away after a couple of days or less. I'm on day 4 right now and I slept well last night.

7. thanks guys, i'll give some of this stuff a try.

8. I would definitely try some seriously intense weightlifting or other exercise. Not only will the sweat help clean out your system lowering your tolerance but as your muscles become exhausted they will need to rest and recover so naturally you'll feel more like sleeping.

9. really after about 3 days i can get back on my normal sleep schedule. But to pass time i surf gc/web, wack off, watch tv. repeat as needed lol. wtf else is there to do in 3 in the morn

10. I get headaches if I smoke 7+ days straight then stop..

11. like the general consensus of the posters above, go for a run or lift weights. Im currently on my 2nd day and im fine now. I smoked regualarly for about a yr and a half (like...2 bowl packs [minimum] a night) and after that first night im fine. Just gotta drink alot of water and sweat the thc out and just...be tired when u go to bed. I find that reading helps me alot too because when I was younger i'd always read harry potter or something before bed and i think it just trained my brain that "reading + bed and pillows = sleep soon" and it just works for me. Its just bud man, no need to be poppin pills to sleep...making it sound like a drug.:p

12. On t-breaks I switch my workout from the morning to after my last class of the day. I feel a lot more tired when I workout in the pm