SLEE-STACK KUSH/ re-vamped grow-room

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by chicken, Jan 5, 2019.

1. The QB132 v2 kicks some serious ass. I can't say enough good things about my quad board setup. Adding some QB96s would be a serious powerhouse. You put that setup together and you'll be growing king Kong dicks!

I currently have just the one room in my basement for both veg and flower. It's 12' x 7' x 6' tall. I'm intending to clear out another space in my basement by summer to create a veg area. I still have my Viparspectra PAR450 lights I'll use for that area.

2. im looking forward, to the plants getting under them lights, i know it will knock down the '' stretch '' i allways get because i just cant get that hot bulb as close as id like,,,
    i seen where someone used a material like a '' refrigirator rack''
    to mount thier boards on, i liked the concept of that idea,,now to find something that would work for me, i got plenty of time to find it,

3. Current light is HPS? If you get the 96s with 3000k, they'll still be stretching. The 3500k would help some. 4000k would stop the stretch quite a bit.

My 132s are the 3500k. Watching other QB owners having stretch with the 3000k, I'm glad I opted for the 3500k but I decided recently I'll be using my Viparspectra for veg to make sure to keep the nodes as close together as possible.

4. thats good to know, but i;ll be looking for a l.e.d. system that does flower and veg,, i guess i just got to watch how i builod it,, its so versitile, but yeah im under the h.p.s. day 2 of flowering,i did a lot of under-plant pruning,, getting rid of the growth that aint gonna ammount to nothing,,plus it really opened up. the canopy for better air circulation at soil level,
    .. IMG_20190117_201439781.jpg
    .. IMG_20190117_203505731.jpg
    . IMG_20190117_202220982.jpg
    i noticed a little purple on my stems,, not a big issue but it could be a sign of a magnisium disorder, so i hit this watering lightlly with mangnesium, only, but it was '' commercial grade'' so once again i hope i measured right,
    .. IMG_20190116_141722710.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. and im using some straight branches from a pear tree, for support,,,, but after closer examination, i think im rooting them cuttings, they got growth,
    .. IMG_20190117_201640358.jpg IMG_20190114_193157478.jpg IMG_20190117_201700580.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Alright, I can't not build a new setup after reviewing your thread Chicken... The time has come. I'll have to make a supply run next weekend I think. For now I'll just draw up some plans.

Definitely going to follow your grow. Looks good so far!

• Like Like x 1
  7. i may be onto something,??? i was reading a 2016 issue of high times, and they were talking to a botonist / scientist dealing with the molecular structure of weed,, e,t,c,
    but what drew my attention is; he said that say you had a plant that flowers for 11 weeks, with a 15% T.H.C. level,,, that if he could modify that same plant to flower for 16 weeks, then in theory the plant could be a 20%+ T.H.C. content plant,

i have this chemical product thats used on tobaccoo to prevent the growth of sucker leaves. i was contiplating on using this product on some of the plants to see if thier is a difference, and i just switched the lights. so now would be the time to start this experiment, so im gonna mix up .2.5 gallons, using flower ferts, and some of the growth stimulator, and lets see what happens,

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Instantly I thought of old grow guides that I found on this site. Do you have one of those cheapy microscope things that you can look through to see how amber the buds are becoming? I might be a bit off because it's been a while, but the balance between THC and CBD changes the way the plant effects a person when it gets used. Then of course plant genetics become a factor too. A lot of Sativas definitely obtain more and more THC the longer they flower, to a cap point before deterioration sets in.

Experiments are awesome dude, even if you screw up a crop you still learn from it. That's the fascinating part of growing bud for me, and always has been, is that because it's illegal you have to do a lot of the experimenting yourself to really discover techniques.

As far as the chemical product though, I think I'd avoid that and just put in a little more physical work to trim out the unneeded foliage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ^^^ yeah i got a loupe,,, and im not using it to control foilage,, but to make the flower process of the plant longer,

10. well i got some TIP BURN going on right now, i may be wrong.. but im thinking its the granular chicken manure fert. dissolving and just now affecting the plant,??? but the soil itself, is very microbial strong, really i havent needed to ammend it with anything, but i have,, and apparantlly by the signs the plant dont need it,, so im going straight water for a while, 3 weeks max,

i can see how it may have been overfertilized,, the nutes im giving it.. is a gamble each time i do it,,theres no ratios for the way im doing it, straight water for all of them.. but for 2 of them im gonna begin the growth stimulator solution, and after i see the nute burn going away,,i'll start hitting it with a flower solution i allready got made, for the past summers outdoor grow..... but as usual, it's a granular fert mixture so the ratio is questionable,

11. it will be a miracle if i harvest this crop... and everything is good,,, but i think my caution, and the fact i know how potent these raw materials are,,,, as long as i do a good flush, i'll be fine, and for that i think i will be getting a bottle of some type of flushing solution,

12. plants are looking good,,,still got the tip burn,
    .. IMG_20190121_213140013.jpg
    and a little yellowing on 2 plants... im just gonna add that up to the geno of the plant, because all the soil is the same,
    i like to put any flowers in the yard in my soil, to fortify it, instead of just keting them fall to the ground,, these are camilla flowers,
    .. IMG_20190121_200149292.jpg IMG_20190121_202655317.jpg IMG_20190121_204629265.jpg
    i bury it about a inch or 3 dep. and let them decay, and i aqquired a old school weather guage, i like these things but a lot of times they arent accurate.. this one the humidity guage is 10% too high, compared to my new ones,
    .. IMG_20190121_212524215.jpg
    well the sexing should start soon.. i got 3 confirmed girls out of 9
    .. IMG_20190121_215939491.jpg IMG_20190121_215954727.jpg IMG_20190121_220002077.jpg
    pretty happy with the progress so far,,, the test run is going good,

• Like Like x 1
  13. i been scratching my head, on a good watering system.. something with a shutoff valve, and thanks to a blades grow journal,, im gonna use the set-up hes got going,
    just put me a pump. in a 5 gallon bucket... and call it a day,

14. You can take a cutting from each plant throw it under 12 12 and it will show sex so you dont have to waste time on feeding a ? Cheers

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. wel. they've reached the height i want them to be,, while compensating for a little more growth, but thanks for the info, ive never done that, or heard of that before,

16. well. looks like i got 3 confirmed males, they are just now forming the pollen sacks, so im gonna let them go another day before chopping them down, so that will leave me with 6 growable plants, unless i get more males,
    what sucks, is one of the males,, oh it grew so nice, the topping went real good, and the L.S.T. laid the thing perfect, opened it up like a octopus spread out, but now its got to go,

still got some tip burn going on,, im gonna do straight water for a while, then go back to my mixed, home-made super solution,

17. im thinking of adding a little bit of pure sulfur to the next watering.. just to get it soaked into the soil, and perhaps another hit, in 4 weeks,
    sulfur has a strong effect on certain plants, it's what makes a onion, burn your eyes, the more sulfur the more the burn, and then thier are the onions. that have no burn when cutting them ' ' no sulfer '' i decided to stay with using the high grade pure fertilizer i have acess to, and cross my fingers that i dont burn them up. which im close to the point of doing right now,
    so 2 runs of straight water, then im back to the hard stuff,

perhaps i need to get a pic. of all this raw fertilizer i have acess to,,, so you know where im coming from when i talk about '' pure fertilizer granular form '' ???

18. Hey found your journal. I'm interested to see how this turns out. Also the QBs will stopped that stretch right in its tracks. I cant get my plants to stretch worth shit with my QBs. Most of my autos stay short and bushy with it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. well i cut 4 males down tonight, and got 1 thats a possible male,,all-in-all im gonna end up with 4 girls, which is cool,, i just know that other ones a male also,,
    heres the forming pollen sacks
    .. IMG_20190127_190618752.jpg
    ..chopped 4 down
    .. IMG_20190127_200315612.jpg
    by doing that i really freed up some space in there, but now i wish id have smart-pots. my next grow will be with them,, ive never used them,
    and i know i got this problem, but this is the reason i insulated my area so tight, but left these panels bare, not knowing exactlly where i was going to mount the exaust,,, but you can see the condensation,,
    .. IMG_20190127_191336568.jpg
    ,, IMG_20190127_191340996.jpg
    even with all that. i was at 70% rh with the exaust fan on low, and the circulating fan on low,,,i cranked them both up,, and the time i was out there,, the rh went down 10%
    .. IMG_20190127_191616436.jpg
    so heres where im sitting right now,, got some rearranging to do, and more L.S.T. now that i got more room

Attached Files:

20. wekk everything is sexed,, looks like i got 5 girls,, which im cool with,, it all fits under / and gets plenty of the light,, i got a lot of undergrowth pruning to do,,
    it's starting to look like a jungle,,, but with some more L.S.T. and pruning,, it will open right up,

.. IMG_20190206_222948688.jpg IMG_20190206_223017277.jpg IMG_20190206_225224465.jpg IMG_20190206_225250292.jpg
    using these totes,, they really are giving me a good idea, of the size of smart-pots, i need to get for the next run.. i was thinking 7 gal. but i think i may want to go bigger,