SLEE-STACK KUSH/ re-vamped grow-room

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by chicken, Jan 5, 2019.

1. YOU WONT FIND THAT STRAIN NOWHERE...i did the pollinating to create it..its a cross between WHITE SIRIUS,,,and a strain called Z.Q. created by growers of this site, slee-stack comes from '' THE LAND OF THE LOST'' the most coolest villan costume thier is i.m.o.
    ................................................................................................................................................................
    the growroom has been completelly remodeled, the last grow got all moldy, due to essesive rain, so i knew i had to get into action. and boy did i, heres a little of what i did,
    MY GROWROOM IS MOBILE,,, i'll just leave it at that
    i lined the walls with 1'' insulation board,
    .. IMG_20181012_182656706.jpg
    then covered that with 5/8'' plywood. and layed 5/8'' on the floors and covered the floor with heavy duty canvas tarp.
    .. IMG_20181012_182724979.jpg
    ..the g-room must be airtight...and i did a good job of doing just that,, all floor seams are sealed with roofing tar,, all seams of the insulation board,,,the plywood laid over that,, the thing is sealed and then sealed over what has allready been sealed,,, YOU GET THE POINT...the end point is,, i supply the fresh air,,'' filtered''.. and no smell is allowed to escape, smell and sound is very important in my case, thus the reason, for perhaps going beyond what would be fine,
    all this silicon got used on this little project,
    .. IMG_20181111_145849516.jpg
    .i lined the walls with mylar, and wasnt too happy with my hood,, so i got to looking at it, and the materials i had on hand so i decided to make it better,heres a link to the hood build,,LETS BUILD A '' PARABOLIC / UMBRELLA HOOD ''
    ..after all was built, and sealed, and a couple of amazon deliveries,, im back to up and running. where mold is no longer gonna be a issue,,
    .. IMG_20181222_173146558.jpg
    i'll throw some recent pics tonight,,, now that i got everything mounted,,,and the room is functional.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. this isnt the '' perfect grow'' i dont have a real known strain going,,, shit i dont even know what the buds going to be like,

this is a TEST GROW to get me accustomed to the new g-room design..so i dont fuck up the next grow, which is the one im looking forward to...to analyze the smell... because im sure the next one is gonna be stinky

• Like Like x 2
  3. IMG_20190105_104505727.jpg
    .. IMG_20190105_154552155.jpg
    .. IMG_20190105_154943353.jpg
    ..the air intake fan,, allthough i havent put a filter on it yet,, the g-room has a few tweaks left to do
    .. IMG_20190105_154958099.jpg
    .. IMG_20190105_154741791.jpg

4. the plants are looking so good. with very minimal nutes,,, i got some 3-3-3 chicken manure fert. in there, and im hoping i will get it to dissolving before the roots actually meet the stuff, the soil mix is so good. i could proablly do the whole grow with just water, with the blood/bone meal in there,
    i tied them up a little just to stop the climbing plants. but last night i started some very aggressive L.S.T.,,, tying them bitches down,
    i may flip to 12/12 in 3-4 weeks,
    pics. tonight,

• Like Like x 1
  5. I wish I was able to grow more than 4 and had a carport to work with!! Damn!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. well shit ; i got in from work late,, went to the room. did some L.S.T. on 2 plants, and forgot my camera,,,,so i didnt get no pics. but the l.s.t. is coming along nicelly,,,and the leaves are looking fine. im really not hitting them with nutes, but i am hitting them with micro-nutrients,,,i believe the way the plants are forming,, that im sure the roots are running wild, underground.. especially with the aeriated soil mix i got going on,

7. i got them strapped down real good,,, these are reg. seeds. so when i flip theres no telling how many girls i'll have, i have 9 in there right now. and 4 i believe are female,the white hairs are starting to show on them,
    heres what they looked like when i walked out. curious to see how they look when they '' pop back up''

.. IMG_20190108_204320399.jpg
    .. IMG_20190108_204329615.jpg
    .. IMG_20190108_204254888.jpg
    .. IMG_20190108_204338680.jpg

8. the l.s.t. did real good i hit the soil with a additive. mainlly gives it a microbial micronutrient boost,

.. IMG_20190110_175737443.jpg IMG_20190110_175742107.jpg IMG_20190110_175742107.jpg

9. Looking good under that parabolic hood there bud. I almost bought some of that slee stack Kush I saw somewhere and thought of you

10. they are looking sexy right now,,, i'll get some rescent pics tonight, when the lights are on,,,
    i got to do some mods on the g-room... the tires have to go, so i can cut the '' hump/ wheel well ]'' out so i got more moving around room, i didnt think they would be a issue at first,,, but now i know they got to go,
    .. IMG_20181111_150006443.jpg
    i guess you could say i drink beer,,, a lot of my pics have my beer in them,,,lol

11. they are looking real good, and i havent hit them with no fert's for veggin. [ i did some epsom salt at the beginning ] the foilage is really starting to fill in,,im gonna have to flip soon just due to space. and my lighting,,, although id prefer them to go longer, but the stalk,, and the topped nodes are strong, and built,,,i used totes, because i didnt want to go with smart pots just yet,,, but the next run will be in 7 gallon sm. pots,,and be auto's.
    they trully are looking good, but a little more stretch going on that i dont like,,, which is why i been doing some lookinng into l.e.d.s quantum boards. which hopefully this grow will pay for,
    .. IMG_20190112_164247654.jpg IMG_20190112_164256844.jpg IMG_20190112_164309817.jpg IMG_20190112_164309817.jpg

12. this grow is so redneck,,,, i normally use bamboo for my stakes, but with this one, i just cut some straight limbs off a pear tree,,, shit i may root a pear tree,lol....my main concern is the soil... im curing it during this grow,, just so it will be 100% ready and cooked off for the next grow, thus the reason i hit it with the microbial solution, instead of a nitrogen rich solution,,

i cant get my hands on some '' bread twisty ties'' i been using some thin rubber coated copper wire, and dont like it, the local grocery store had them,, but not now,

13. #13 chicken, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    the next watering...im gonna start a nitrogen regiment,, not really for the plants,,, they dont need it,, but so the soil,, and the dried, peanut hulls i got in the soil can absorb it, and release it in future waterings,,, but i got to be carefull with this stuff, it's highlly potent,,,[ i use it on my baccy ] its highlly enriched with boron,, which baccy loves,,, but weed,???? we will see,
    .. IMG_20190110_175616031.jpg IMG_20190110_175622328.jpg
    i'll definatlly,, water one tote,,, and see what happens before i water everything with this stuff,,,
    and oh my... i'll blow your mind when i make my flower mixture, the ammount of fertilizer im around, is ridiculous,,,,but it all has to be tested,,,and for that im gratefull. for having the chance to do this experimental grow,, i normally use store bought organic fert's,,,, which is really silly since im around every fert known to man,, but they are not organic, and in the past i was 100% organic,but if this raw fert.. mixed with water to dissolve the granules,,,and i can get the mix right, i'll save a lot of bucks from buying fert's,,,,im thinking the final flush may have to be longer than normal????

14. well i hit it with that boron/ nitrogen fert. god i hope i didnt mix it too strong, im sure i didnt,,, but with that stuff.. that a little is very strong,,,im noticing they are starting to get thirsty fast,,the l.s.t. is ready for a re-set... i'll do that in the next 3 days.. i got to find some twisty ties,,, or get some '' pipe cleaners'' they work pretty good, ive used them in the past,,,
    did a little defoliation, to clear any shaded areas.
    .. IMG_20190113_194736866.jpg
    the canopy is staying kinda even... after the next round of l.s.t. it will all be even,,
    ... IMG_20190113_195658884.jpg
    .. IMG_20190113_194810565.jpg
    .. IMG_20190113_194803716.jpg
    .. IMG_20190113_194748958.jpg

15. i guess i didnt mix it too strong,,, i think they were actually waiting on it,,, the leaves went from being normal to rising up towards the light,,,i moved the totes around, to put the taller plants on the outside,, and the smaller ones in the middle,, the plants are showing me that they love the soil mix i made,, ive seen no signs of a nutrient need,,, no discoulouring of the leaves,,no curled leaves,,, as far as i see everythings on track, just where it should be,,,

16. Good job on the grow room, chicken!

17. yes it did.. i may have went a little over-board, but most of the materials were free,,, and noise is a issue, so lining the walls with 5/8 th plywood, was perfect,,i could have got the mylar to lay a little flatter, but i was experminting,,, and found using a spray adhesive, behind the mylar works best.. down the road i may re-do it,,, but im definatlly thinking im headed to get me some L.E.D. lighting,,, proablly around april,???
    .....................................................................................................

THE GROW... i did a light flip today,, after looking at the budsites. and compensating, on more growing,,, plus some of them may be males,,proablly 2-3... i been doing real good on this seed i poolinated,,the last grow had 2 males, out of 12,,,
    this grow i got 9 going,,, i noticed some TIP-BURN, did i mix the nitrogen/boron mix a hair too strong,?? or has the plant finally hit the chicken manure i got deep in the soil,, it's not a lot,, but its there, and it was raw, pelletized manure,, 3-3-3-
    not all of the plants were showing the signs, and they all have the same soil mix,, and were watered with the same ammount of the mix i made,,but they are showing different pheno's also,,5 were showing,,4 was fine,,,i'll just do straight water for the next 2 weeks,,

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lol, I feel ya dude. I'm usually over engineering everything too.

Straight water sounds like a good idea. What LEDs are you thinking about getting?

19. T-BONE SHUFFLE narrowed down what i needed,

,,he qb132 v2 is the cheapest option right now for outfitting a flower area. However the qb96 grows a little better flowers with it's superior spectrum if you want to spend a little more.

How large is your flower area?

I've been thinking about a good cheaper setup for a 4x4. My idea is 4 qb132 v2 boards.
    QB132 V1 & V2 Quantum Boards
    Either 3k or 3500k.

Then add two qb96's to the center of the setup so they have two qb132's on each side covering the corners of the space.
    QB96 Elite V2 Engine

You'd need different drivers. Two HLG-320h's. One in either 36a or c2100a/b for the qb132's and one HLG-320h-54a for the qb96's.
    https://onlinemeanwell.com/en/hlg320h36a-1467.html

https://onlinemeanwell.com/en/hlg320h54a-1479.html

Max draw at the wall with both drivers turned all the way up would be around 700 watts. You'd probably end up running the qb132's dimmed a little.

It's similar to my setup but I have two qb260's dimmed on each side of my two qb96's.

20. i believe that ^^^^^^ setup.. is just what i'll be getting,