Skywalker OG clones

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ihatehippies, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Picked up 7 skywalker clones, they looked fine they I got them maybe a little on the small side. Got home sprayed with a neem/dish soap mix of 1/2 tsp neem/4 quarts of water incase of any mites and bugs.

The rest of the bunch looks fine and healthy, but these two suckers look like they are withering away. Are those neem burns? Or a disease of some sort.

Using a 400 Watt MH about 12 inchs away from tops, plus 2 42 watt CFLs with reflectors and 4 23 watts hanging.

Should I take away some of the lighting or is heat the issue?

Temps about 70-85

Attached Files:

2. Oh you butthead, I waaaaaant skywalker clones... can't get those here :(

It's the dishsoap that killed the leaves. Plants don't like strong ionic surfactant's like dish soap, does something with the pores. Too much light and too much heat, think i'd just use the MH and at maybe 18 inches until they adjust some. They will be fine, just don't soap them up again.

3. The label on my bottle of Dyna-Gro 100% Neem Oil says to mix 1 teaspoon of neem oil and teaspoon liquid dish soap to 1 quart warm water and shake like hell.

Sounds like the soap is supposed to act as some sort of bonding agent, will I get the same effects as without the soap? I expect to be spraying neem for atleast another 2-3 weeks in veg.

4. I was told to us 'soap' with my neem by someone here, you used an artificial chemical ionic surfactant detergent, maybe their lable should be changed, huh? Find some read soap, like healthfood store bars of handsoap, liquify some into water and use that, for what ever reason it doesn't hurt plants. I've used ivory with good results too and i've used dr bronner liquid soap from a bottle, and any bar that says 'soap' on it, not 'facial bar' or 'body bar' they are usually solid detergent's too. There is a big difference between soap and detergent although most people don't know about it. That's why all the soapmakers are so into the naturalness of their handmade soaps. You can use a tablespoon of alcohol as well as the soap, takes the neem into suspension and mixes better with the water...what ever you use, when you are done mixing it, you will have to leave the bottle in a warm spot like ontop of a light or hanging on one of their chains, because neem's really uncooperative. Shake like hell every time you use it. I still haven't gotten used to the 'pickles' smell it has.