Skywalk 400w closet, hydro oldskool grower forgot how to grow! plz help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bella Costa, Apr 7, 2013.

1. #1 Bella Costa, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
    Okay here's the pictures Of my supplies I got today and the closet setup. I know a lot about growing and I've done it before but its been awhile. I normally just work with 6 inch rockwool cubes but the guy gave me the 8 inch big mommas for free. And I'm not too sure about this but I'm going to use the hydro halo systems to thoroughly water the top of the kids. I need all the help and advice I can get. I'm on a insanely tight budget.. Many more higher quality pics to come here are the stats. Specs I should say. I have six sky Walker plants that are ready to flower. I purchase today
    .. there in soil tho, so I am going to make a Transplant to the rockwool cubes I've done it before just rinse the roots of in the sink.. Next I already have a six inch raptor lamp system with glass cover and a fan to go in line. 2 by 4 foot flood and drain table and im drilling holes tonight For the recirculating reservoir system. Course I have a airator and a in ppm and pH meters using a three-part gen hydro nutrion system I have pH up and down. Purchased a high-quality son grip hangers. Detached switchable 400 watt ballast. SUNY Purchase ducting for exhausting heat. I have an oscillateing fan. I have a pound of "pre 98" Kush I just cracked open to smoke for my personal last in a month or two. I have black tarpeeing and a zipper for it to create a door. I have tons of half inch tubing in quarter inch tubing. Nutrients are as follows: general hydro 3 part. sweet. floralicious plus liquid and powders.
    i had a grow about 6mo ago and had a mite prob and since moved. Iv read all the stickies and watched tons of videos already. I also have a thermometers for air and water temps

Things I will not be buying or using are as follows: mylar. Reservoir chiller. Or anything else for that matter unless needed.

I desperately need to help and advice I forgot a lot of stuff but I'm ready to go and I'll do anything y'all say. Please take this trip with me on my first grow

Attached Files:

2. Items I bought today.

Attached Files:

3. Items I've had already. closet size is 5 feet wide 12 feet long 10 feet tall.. its big and I'm so freakin excited ..don't forget there's a2 by 4 inch flood and drain table I'm waiting till later on tonight to sneekee it up.

Attached Files:

4. #4 Bella Costa, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
    im just unsure if my pond pump is enough to feed the six 1/2 driplines running to the hydrorings for top feeding water. ill need to go to a pluming place and get a manufold of somesort or a splitter. I opted for the 8 inch cubes because they were a free free upgrade over the six inche ones.

5. Closet grow room design pics

Attached Files:

6. I seen Bella and I be thinking, K den, I'll help out a chickAdee :D
    Then I see a dude's hands :eek: :cry:

:poke:

You got a LOT going on.... lol
    And ya may want to take your foot off the gas a little... :D
    I know you heard that motor and naturally want to just drop the pedal to the floor....
    But an experienced driver will tell you, that's not the way you want to come out of the gate, you're just going to break the tires loose, and you will lose your first race....

So right out of the gate you're going with the hardest hydroponic grow medium for beginners to use and maintain....
    Good for you.... ;)

Couple questions....
    How big is that ballast???

Where are you planing on dumping the heat in an apartment...
    I assume it's an apartment cause you're "waiting till later on tonight to sneekee it up".

What size reservoir you going to use??
    What size is that pump you're worried about???

And what TDS/pH meters we working with here????

:wave:

7. #7 Bella Costa, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
    NOTE: Sorry about my grammar and spelling at the moment. I haven't a moment to spare!!.

Seriously Awesome!! Thank you ok, i def jumped right in. Im ready!! That last grow really had everything working against it. in the end the electric co bill killed me after months of torment. haha

6" raptor Specifications:
    Weight: 36 lbs.
    Package Dimensions: 38.6L x 29.5W x 10.2H
    Unit Ship Weight: 36 lbs

BALIST specs: 400 w switchable. believe its analog

Reserviour will be one large storage tub having the 2*4 table directly draining into it. 6 plants on top. think is roughly 10 gall mabee 15.

pump is on the larger size. ill pull it out and get specs.

Brief history. Iv run rockwool many times and have had one very sucesslful harvest quite a long time ago it seems like it was only a dream.

Im planning to create a dividing wall with black light proof tarp from hydro store. Got a zipper to make the door and using staple gun and tape to create seals at walls. the grow room is a walk in closet and the tarp wall will leave 1/4 of the room available for additional storage. I intend to run a exhaust directly from hood, through the tarp wall at the very least. i intend to purchase enough exhaust tubing to continue the line past the closet door and out the window if needed. Running lights only at night the heat and exhaust Oder will hopefully not be noticed.
    ok so its 3rd fl apartment. and very large units and there is quite a bit of distance between apartments windows and the neighbors windows are not immediately near otherwise i would have serious concerns prolly.

This paragraph isnt relivant but interesting. I think i just got lucky that one time because i didnt even have a ppm or ph meter ans i ran a 4oo watt sunsystems lamp with a built in ballast. and since then have had many grows with little to no sucess.
    I was very creative putting a flood and drain table and rez directly inside a 2nd bathroom. Inside the bathtub/shower and easily would run the faucet to fill the res up or the shower to leech the babies. the hood was easily chained to the bathroom fan conviently above the tub for heat to vent. and mylared up the tub/shower walls and sliding glass tub/shower door

Im lookn for the meters now and ill send more pics in a hour

8. Don't forget to pre-soak that RW... ;)

9. Okay here's my update as promised.. thank you !!I almost did forget to pre soak them after I started the first transplant I realize they need to be soaked.. haha. Okay so I pre soaking them in pH balanced water at 6.0

10. #10 Bella Costa, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
    Pics.
    The pumps are on the larger end of available sizes at hardware store

Depicted is light fixture, two by four flood and drain table and hole drilled in it,.

Two larger pond pumps and a air pump.

Attached Files:

11. Depicted is the six sky walkerr plants being transplanted. White vinegar for pH tester calibration.. the tester brand name is un known at the moment.

Reservoir water pH balance to 6.00 for Rockwooll soaking.

Rock wool soaking for 20 minutes each. Plants are transplanted and are rinsed off at the roots three quarters of the dirt taken away placed into a rock wool cube.

Hopefully this is alright for the most part

Attached Files:

12. What I did when I ran blocks and tables, after I set the blocks in the table, I took Panda Plastic and covered the table..
    Black side down, so the white side is up, then cut X'es in the plastic where the blocks were, and a couple off to the sides.....

This is going to aid you in a couple ways....
    It's going to keep algae off them blocks and also retain moisture in the root zone, allowing you to flood less....
    I also found but never proved in a side by side, because there was less evaporation, I could run a higher TDS....

:wave:

13. Here is my ppm meter I'm not sure how to calibrate it.

Attached Files:

14. It did come with instructions right??? :poke:

15. Okay awesome I'll wait the 24 hours to transplant. And my original idea was to use these 8 inch, Coco tech caps for alge preventation . And for watering use these hydro halo rings are plastic for watering. I send pictures and messages from Android app so please excuse all the grammar errors and multiple posts.

Attached Files:

16. #16 Bella Costa, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
    Walk in closet. Ok nice ill get to work and update later tonight. Its very windy today and sooo nice!!

Yea it did haha! Actually after telling me to soak at 5.5, I relized theres instrustions right in front of this old face!! on everyblock nowadays!! and it does say 5.5!

I do need those instructions ur right. Just moved and ill pull it out of where ev it is tonight and read my tap water reading. and watch a refresher vid online quickly on meter usage.

Need to get 1/2 manufold of some sort tomorrow too. I'm flippin on lights tonight and transplanting tomorr. Everything should be done tonight except transplant and hosing and pump set up which is my goal to finish tomorrow night.

Ok ill grab more tarp from the store tomorr and go with ur idea, forgoing the coco caps

Then relax a couple days make a run to get some supplies like netting and neem oil, exhaust ducting and whatev else may be needed.

Thanks my friend!!....& for such high quality posts... especially the first one put a smile on ONE heck of a frowned face!

Attached Files:

17. Hey so sorry iv been crazy busy this week. I just had to leave everything in place for a fewdays while i made that money. I back now and will atempt to post daily with lots of pics. I just got a nother skywalker and a platnem and transplanted to soil for my very private and sunny balcony and intend to just messaround with them and try to cut clones from them if needed.

So here is some updated pis ill post from my phone app within ten min from now tonight and im trying to follow advice to the tee as much as poss here. Im eternally gratefull for the help and am again soo sorry for being away this week

18. Ppiicturs

Attached Files:

19. #19 Bella Costa, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
    I'm got ppm meter calobrating solution, netting "alg-a-mic" liquid seaweed, neem oil and sprayer with a upsidedown nozzel . Sorry I cannot spell! Haha. Pretty sure I don't need to buy anything else so I'm going to finish setup finally tonight and tomorr if it kills me. Just been taking longer than expected

Attached Files:

20. You want to cover the top of them blocks with panda plastic white side up...
    Or you'll get a butt load of algae growth on the top of them blocks... ;)

What's the neem oil for :confused_2: