Skyrim Graphics

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Mithrandir, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Traded in my ps3 copy for a pc copy and my god the difference is night and day. With a couple of graphic mods and some hd textures, Skyrim is looking pretty legit haha.

2. Lol dude if you care about graphics that much you need to stop playing on a console.

There's only so much you can do with 6 year old hardware

3. Good point sir.

4. You playing HDMI 1080p? If not that is probably why.

5. Did no one notice that I said I bought it for pc recently?

6. I did mate. But tbh i havent read through the thread. Can i ask what specs you got it running on?
    I can recommend a few nice mods to make the game even more stunning. Like you say, its night and day mate.
    For a start { if you haven't already that is} hit the tilde key to bring up the console and type FOV 90.

Have you modded much so far mate ?

Fellow Lotr fan here btw. :wave:
    Keeping my eye on this wip mod here... Skyrim -LoTR 4th Era WIP at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

7. Nice to see a fellow Lord of the Rings fan! :wave:

My specs are:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz
    GeForce GTX 260
    6GB Ram

I've downloaded a lot of mods so far such as enhanced night sky, 2k textures, mountain and rock textures, better water, a flora overhaul, weapon and armor textures, better faces, better eyes... the list goes on haha :D

8. Graphics are good, but shit compared to what else was released in the timeframe.

Now with that being said, the environment is still pretty fucking sexy, so is the rest of the game.

9. I play it on my pc. Its a core i7 at 3ghz. 3 gb or ddr3 and a gtx 470 with 1.3 gb of gddr5. It runs freaking awesome. I wish I didn't have such shitty internet tho. I don't have any good mods

10. ......It does indeed mate lol. I have quite alot of minor things too, but it all adds up. Hd animals, trees, irish coins, clutter, and hd butterflys ffs

Some great mods i got recently..
    Imperial Legion Overhaul V2 Winterized Version at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community
    Tartan clothed Guards at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community
    Lost Art of the Blacksmith at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

Not sure what fxaa thingy your running with but i love this one and have stuck with it for a while now...
    Its the higher saturatrion one. Heres a few shots ive took. Sometimes i cant get from a to b in game from taking a screenshot lol :p

View attachment srim2.bmp
    View attachment srim5.bmp

Attached Files: