Skyrim Graphics

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Mithrandir, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ive heard installing the game makes it look worse

2. [quote name='"Jdahms"']ive heard installing the game makes it look worse[/quote]

Is there anyway to make it not install on the ps3? It seems to install as soon as I start it.

3. yeah that's why I don't ever buy games for my PS3. required install on consoles is a joke.

id ask on the skyrim message boards im sure theres other people with the same problem

4. [quote name='"Jdahms"']

yeah that's why I don't ever buy games for my PS3. required install on consoles is a joke.

id ask on the skyrim message boards im sure theres other people with the same problem[/quote]

Yeah I've been reading about it and I'm definitely not alone. I just really hope Bethesda comes along with a patch or something. I'd upload a video to show you guys, but I'm at work. Shadows in oblivion looked better...

5. I occasionally have those square looking shadows but its not nothing i notice too often. Game still looks beautiful. I'm on a PS3.

6. Required install on PS3? What?

But on Xbox I know they're suggesting you don't instal it yet. Apparently there's a glitch and it hurts performance. They said they were going to do something about it so if you can wait before installing it, do it.

This was for the 360 though. Not sure if this stands for PS3 or not

7. [quote name='"Mogwai"']Required install on PS3? What?

But on Xbox I know they're suggesting you don't instal it yet. Apparently there's a glitch and it hurts performance. They said they were going to do something about it so if you can wait before installing it, do it.

This was for the 360 though. Not sure if this stands for PS3 or not[/quote]

I've heard installing it lowers the quality as well, unfortunately I don't think you have a choice on the ps3.

8. I have it on 360 and I think the graphics are outstanding. Maybe I'm easier pleased than you but I have been called a graphics whore in the past so idk. Bottom line is this is the best game I have ever played.

9. [quote name='"JamesBonedOO7"']I have it on 360 and I think the graphics are outstanding. Maybe I'm easier pleased than you but I have been called a graphics whore in the past so idk. Bottom line is this is the best game I have ever played.[/quote]

It's supposed to look amazing. It's a bug with running it off the HDD. I've seem this game on both Xbox and ps3 without the bug and it looks great. I really hope they fix this soon. Also, I've been loving the game as well, I just want to get all that I paid for and get the most out of it.

10. Wow I will uninstall this on my xbox for sure

[​IMG]

11. #31 Mairuzu, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
    Take some pics or a video of what you're referring to. I'd like to see if i have the same issue cause I'm not really much of a graphic nazi to notice. Would be awesome being able to up the graphics on console.

12. [quote name='"That Engineer"']Wow I will uninstall this on my xbox for sure

[/quote]

Wow thanks for the info. I can't believe it forces the install on PS3. What bullshit.

13. The thing with microsoft is that they do not allow for mandatory installation because they sell consoles without hard drives (such as the arcade version)

So yeah it should all be fixed once a patch comes out though.

14. [quote name='"That Engineer"']

The thing with microsoft is that they do not allow for mandatory installation because they sell consoles without hard drives (such as the arcade version)

So yeah it should all be fixed once a patch comes out though.[/quote]

Mandatory installation is a terrible idea. They are apparently working on a patch, but there's no telling when the release will be. God willing it's soon haha

15. I think that this is the type of thing that will be patched as soon as possible, there is no way they will wait on a problem like this.

So it shouldn't be too long.

I feel like they must have known about this before the game released so they would have already been trying to fix it.

But wtf do I know haha... We can only hope

16. [quote name='"That Engineer"']I think that this is the type of thing that will be patched as soon as possible, there is no way they will wait on a problem like this.

So it shouldn't be too long.

I feel like they must have known about this before the game released so they would have already been trying to fix it.

But wtf do I know haha... We can only hope[/quote]

Haha, yeah it seem like something you'd think they'd catch before release!

17. #37 Jdahms, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011

every game on PS3 requires an install. it's the dumbest shit ever.

it takes like 20 minutes to play any new game on a PS3 because you have to install the game, the trophies, and patches sequentially.

this is pretty much the rage you have to go through when you buy a new game on the PS3

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ8NhxD0-Ek[/ame]

anyway I noticed the flickering shadows in one area today. hopefully they fix that soon

18. Ah good, patch should be coming out the week after American thanksgiving.

19. lol quit trying so hard to justify why you play a certain console. the mandatory installations have never been even a slight inconvenience for me. pop the game in, smoke a bowl, and enjoy your new game. even the space they take doesn't bother me, considering they were kind enough to let you use standard 2.5 inch drives instead of some overpriced proprietary bullshit :) what is an inconvenience though, is turning your system on only to find out that it's once again that time to pay a corporation even more money for a core function of a modern console, that uses the internet that you already pay for. GTFO

20. #40 Dannyscott, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2011
    I can't really complain to much about the graphics, the graphics and combat even impressed some of my friends who all they ever play is CoD and thinks all other games suck but CoD even like it.

HOWEVER! There is something that pisses me off in this game because it makes one of my favorite things to do like exploring annoying. The choppyness of a horse trotting or just walking up or down a cliff with a bunch of rocks make my horse shift up and down like its on a platform going up and down, bouncing all over the goddamn place. Y'all know what I'm talking about. That and falling/jumping animations. They're rather ricketty, and this is kinda nitpicky but the characters faces lack expression or any kind of deliberate display of emotion, you can only identify it by the tone of the VA because the acting of the characters is so god damn wooden.

I like to compare games to L.A. Noire because it demonstrates how characters in ALL games should be fleshed out. If Bethesda made the characters in oblivion's animations exactly like that of LA Noire. You got something that really cannot be topped in terms of quality.