Skydiving Experiences?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Titch, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Hey guys:hello:

Has anyone here ever skydived? I'm planning a couple jumps in the summer and I was wondering what it's like!

Post your stories! :hello:

2. Have only done it once but holy shit it was fun! I did it when I went to Cuba for vacation. It was our last day and heard they where asking people on our resort if they wanted to go. My brother and I ended up going and we walked right through the lines at the airport (I was barefoot this whole time). We then walked out on to the Tarmac to what looks like a plane from the fuckin missile crisis! Their was a group of six going so we had and instructor that we where all attached to. puts us to 12 and one person to video tape for each drop ( six separate drops two at a time). Ended up being pretty crowded inside this tin can. Before I could find my seat belt the plane had begun moving down to the take off runway. As we started it seemed as if everyone slid down a seat due to the slant the plane had. Plane takes off and boom the doors open befor were even 100ft above ground with buddy hanging out getting what I suppose was a wicked shot on the camera ( never got the video cause we left that day and they weren't finished till three days later). Any ways my brother and I where last to jump so I walked up to the door tandem with my instructor I was looking at my bro as we do a backflip out of the plane. He said my face was priceless. Once I'm out I got that tickle in my stomach which I love to get on roller coasters. That didn't last to long and before I knew it I was fucking flying! Most surreal feeling I have ever felt. I fell for what felt like forever being able to see everything from the ocean to the mountains deeper in the island. We open the parachute and start gliding down with my instructor turning and spinning takin me for quit the ride. As I approached the landing maybe 1000 feet up I see three people walking really close to one another. Closer I realize its the big guy that jumped before me. We met this guy throughout the trip, was a nice guy. He must have weighed 220 and same with his instructor. Not a good idea. They ended up coming in to fast and couldn't get lift before landing so pretty much landed on the beach going the speed of what you normally see skydivers but at a 30 degree angle. They bounced of the ground with people up to 50 feet away feeling the impact. A family friend says he has video from the beach of it all but can't find it. If I get ahold of it ill put it up. But that's my one and only time going but I want to do it again. I'd imagine being in Canada or the states would be a little less sketchy and you'd be able to understand who literally has your life in third hands. So I hope you have fun on your journey and you won't be disappointed!

3. [quote name='"go420yourself"']Have only done it once but holy shit it was fun! I did it when I went to Cuba for vacation. It was our last day and heard they where asking people on our resort if they wanted to go. My brother and I ended up going and we walked right through the lines at the airport (I was barefoot this whole time). We then walked out on to the Tarmac to what looks like a plane from the fuckin missile crisis! Their was a group of six going so we had and instructor that we where all attached to. puts us to 12 and one person to video tape for each drop ( six separate drops two at a time). Ended up being pretty crowded inside this tin can. Before I could find my seat belt the plane had begun moving down to the take off runway. As we started it seemed as if everyone slid down a seat due to the slant the plane had. Plane takes off and boom the doors open befor were even 100ft above ground with buddy hanging out getting what I suppose was a wicked shot on the camera ( never got the video cause we left that day and they weren't finished till three days later). Any ways my brother and I where last to jump so I walked up to the door tandem with my instructor I was looking at my bro as we do a backflip out of the plane. He said my face was priceless. Once I'm out I got that tickle in my stomach which I love to get on roller coasters. That didn't last to long and before I knew it I was fucking flying! Most surreal feeling I have ever felt. I fell for what felt like forever being able to see everything from the ocean to the mountains deeper in the island. We open the parachute and start gliding down with my instructor turning and spinning takin me for quit the ride. As I approached the landing maybe 1000 feet up I see three people walking really close to one another. Closer I realize its the big guy that jumped before me. We met this guy throughout the trip, was a nice guy. He must have weighed 220 and same with his instructor. Not a good idea. They ended up coming in to fast and couldn't get lift before landing so pretty much landed on the beach going the speed of what you normally see skydivers but at a 30 degree angle. They bounced of the ground with people up to 50 feet away feeling the impact. A family friend says he has video from the beach of it all but can't find it. If I get ahold of it ill put it up. But that's my one and only time going but I want to do it again. I'd imagine being in Canada or the states would be a little less sketchy and you'd be able to understand who literally has your life in third hands. So I hope you have fun on your journey and you won't be disappointed![/quote]

Sounds so sketchy

4. Still can't understand why my parents let me lol I was 16 at the time.