Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Skunk Weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Herbal_Essences, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Me and a few friends have been debating for a few months now about this supposedly unholy strain of weed ''skunk''.

To cut a long story short, my friends are reluctent to try skunk, supposedly because the THC level in skunk is 10x that of the average strain of Cannabis :eek:.

Apparently some kid at my school smoked an 8th with a few friends and basically went crazy, started throwing chairs and had to be put in a mental rehab for months and when he came back he was in a wheelchair and was a very different person. I'm personally very sceptical and think that skunk was used as a cover up so this guy didn't look like such a nut case.

Anyway, I didn't really care at first but my dads just harvested his second crop and it turns out 3 of his plants are...you guessed it SKUNK! As I suspected, my friends don't want to smoke any of my dads herb with me simply because of the name and the reputation.

After a little research all I found was some lame half-baked ''research'' on a popular news site, claiming that 22,000 people were treated in hospitals last year alone in the UK for mental illness related to Skunk marajuana use.

Now I don't trust the internet for solid facts at all, but I DO trust my fellow blades!

I wana know what your opinions are on this matter guys, are my friends right? Should I not be smoking skunk? Is it really this evil plant that the media portray it as?

Replys are greatly appreciated. :D

2. Dude idk haha no doubt I would smoke that shit with you, your friends are being lame.

3. Haha wow. Good skunk is good, bad skunk is shwag. Just like any other type of weed. And don't listen to someone who says it's ten times as potent as cannabis and you'll go insane. It is cannabis, and it's perfectly safe. Good skunk can get you really baked, but if you end up in a mental hospital you were headed there anyway.

4. It's a sativa indica blend from what I understand, but that story about the kid going crazy sounds like a lie.

It's probably just really good weed. Try it dude :)

5. skunk (the slang term) is schwag, so no 10x thc.
    Skunk (strain) is (from what i understand) is a hash plant but average thc levels (20-25s i believe)

and also if they went crazy it was laced (meth maybe?), you don't go crazy from just weed...just the opposite

6. Wow, that sounds like the biggest crock of shit i've ever heard. You're not gonna go crazy from smoking some chronic herb, you're friends are just being douchebags.

On the upside though, more skunk for you!

7. Some weed in the UK is sprayed with glass to make it look like there are way more THC crystals so it looks like "Skunk" weed. That may be what that UK study was referring to when it said all those people were hospitalized. According to the World Drug Report 2006 (WDR 2006) Skunk weed THC levels can be as high as 20% which is comparable to weed in coffee shops in the Netherlands so I don't think it is too dangerous as long as you know what you're smoking.

8. Do you live in the UK by chance? I hear a lot of shit coming out of there about "skunk" but its all just bullshit that the media and police throw out there to try and persuade people not to smoke. Its not anymore dangerous than regular weed they are just demonizing it, its almost laughable what they're doing.

9. #9 420stonedpanda, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
    i'm guessing you're from the UK like me, there's so much shit going around about 'skunk' here, all the kids don't know shit, it's one of the most irritating things about the UK community.

skunk here basically refers to any weed that is some dirty shwag. It comes from the Skunk No1 strain having a really good reputation here and people started saying it instead of 'dank' or whatever and the media got ahold of it and it sort of took off.

Also the whole shit about skunk 'making you go crazy and paranoid' isn't true (shit the whole skunk thing isn't real/true), people just get that feeling when they smoke a Sativa strain (which isn't very common in the UK because most of the shit is grown indoors where it's hard to get pure sativas so it's mostly indica). so yeah, it's basically dumb pikey kids not knowing anything and getting their shit confused. it's fucking annoying.
    Bottom line is, 'Dangerous Skunk' that you hear people talking about isn't real and don't listen to what anyone says, it's not true. full stop.

sorry if that doesn't make much sense, more a ramble.rant
    oh and that kid probably just got some shit lined with meth or was just a bit mental

10. YES! EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS TRUE!
    Skunk makes you crazy and makes you go WWE on their asses "am i allowed to say that?"
    Better send it all to me for safe keeping :D

Nah but srsly bro, I think that kid had a loose nut that was waiting to blow and the alter of his mind must have sent him going off the rails on a crazy train. : /

11. Skunk weed is just good weed. It smells a lot it is the only weed that will make my entire house smell when I smoke. I have smoked better stains then skunk strains. Yet again my favorite strains is Orginal blueberry and G13 haze from barneys. You wont go crazy thats just a BS HS story.

12. Bump!

Thanks for all the replys guys, I'm glad you all agree that Skunk is no more harmful than any other strain and yes I am from the UK :D

13. Feeling you man! Skunk where i'm from is anything thats not got the homegrown appearance, two types of weed - skunk and homies. 'Homegrown' is often sprayed to look like skunk. For me though, i dont care what it looks like, its all about the taste and as long at it gives me a buzz its all good!

14. Hmm well here in Canada, skunk weed is just some regular bud. I've smoked ALOT of bud, and somewhere along the line I must have smoked some real skunk. I'm not in the mental hospital...in fact I'm going to law school! About 3 weeks ago I picked up some bud and was told it was some 'average skunk' anywho heres a photo

[​IMG]

I'm not saying he's right, that's just what he told me :)

15. Skunk is just a blend of sativa and indica. From what I understand 'skunk' as a ridiculously potent type of weed is just a term twisted by the media in a hugely anti-pot way.

16. #16 cherryjubilee, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
    To the person above I agree 100%. From what I have seen, (and obviously I don't know it all) but it seems that our headies in America and our exotics, you guys in the UK call Skunk. It seems to me as though, espcially in the media, they refer to all very well grown, very potent herbs as skunk just because of the increase in smell and the obvious difference in high due to quality.

For instance, pick up a nice sack of skunk, come match, lets say I have some Sour D, you never know man could be the same strain. Its like brand naming a potency level to me. (schwag, regs, mids, kb, beasters, nugs, headies, exotics,) You know what I mean? But then again to each his own, but If the UK really wants a chief off to see who goes insane first im down lol. throw any "skunk" and me im ready to roll lol. Just bbc trying to fuck you're game up bro.

sorry if this didnt make too much sense, had to have a little inspiration to try to help out the blades man :). Either way toke it easy bro,

PS. Hit that shit Bobo hit that shit lol, can't hold back on some good sensimillia :bongit:

17. ^^ that's true. at the beginning of my weed smoking career one of the first strains I ever heard of was skunk...and was set under the impression that it was this amazing bud everyone knew of... until I started reading about weed online etc.

18. Its just all time man, you'll learn more and more as you go on. But just for future reference, grab that skunk as quick as u can, because if they sold it as cheap over here as over here.. :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::20

19. Yeah dude... and a statistic the media here like to use all the time is that "80% of cannabis seized by police in the UK is skunk." So there's so many incorrect definitions people have given skunk - when its true meaning is simply a mixture of indica and sativa seeds, usually along with good growing techniques that make it good bud.

20. Ummm. Come on, seriously.

Even if that's true (not calling you a liar in anyway. Who's to say the weeds to blame for him leaving a mental facility in a wheel chair.

And the Skunk strain has been around for awhile. Comes from the hills of Cali, I believe it was created by Sam the Skunkman in the early 70s or 80s (I think 1980 to be exact). However in the UK the name Skunk has taken on a propagandil persona.