Skunk 11 fem Dutch passion

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Markhunt, Jul 22, 2016.

1. #1 Markhunt, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    View attachment 2174634 Hi. Im not a new B but I have never had a successfull grow. This is prob my 5 the time trying to grow and I'm would be happy if I could get 1 oz of dry hay per plant. I have never got over 14 grams of dryer hay from any of my plants.So I'm going to give it another go.Hopefully I will have a better harvest this time.
    I'm starting from seed again. I got skunky 11 fem seed from DP.Im veging with T5 and planning on using a 600watt hps for flowering.
    I put 6 seeds in a cup of water ph 6.5 on a mat and 5 cracked after 20 hours .I potted them 2 days ago in a 2/1 ratio of grow medium and perlite.
    My day temp is set at 81 F.Tent gets up in the high 80 ies highest temp 88F.Night temp set at 75 F not sure of my lowest tem I'm guessing 71 F.
    Should I keep my pH at 6.5 throughout the entire veg and flower stage or will I have to adjust it as I go? Im going to use GH for nutes .When should I start using a fan on my new seedlings?If anyone has any info or tips it would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

2. If you failed 4 times you are a noob If you grow in soil NO pH ing is needed , anytime , EVER so stop adjusting it , will be one less thing that can go wrong How are you going to keep your temps under 87 F when you switch to the 600 HPS ? Fan should be on from day one to gently move the leaves and strengthen the stem

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hi.I guess your right I'm am a noob.Right now I have a sentinel
    I guess your right Im a noob.I have a sentinel climate controller which I'm using for my temp right now .I also have a AIR 3 Which I will use later in the flower tent with the sentenal controller. Right now I have to heat my tent with a space heater. I will use the air 3 to exchange air in my flower tent which will keep it cool as well. I use well water which is not treated in anyway comes out of the tap at pH 6.Thanks

4. Are you using soil or hydro? You said you have a "grow medium mixed with perlite".
    Soil will help with adjusting ph naturally, don't get too knit picky with ph like Dickie said, when it comes to soil. If in hydro mediums, you are more inclined to keep ph at certain levels throughout the grow.
    When watering soil, use ph 6.8ish water. In hydro 5.5-6.2 are usually fine depending on strain.
    Also, yes, after that many failed attempts, you are a nube still. You have a great setup it sounds like and maybe you would be more inclined to try hydro as you can have more control over your babies, it sounds like you like fidgeting over things and hydro you can always be doing something should you feel free.
    Saludos!

Full training, indoor hydro.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi.Sorry its soil im using.Its by plagron it light mix I mixed it 2 parts light mix one part perlite I have all mix by plagron or all mix by bio bizz for my next repot in a few weeks.My water is pH 6 when it comes out of the tap so I was adjusting it to 6.5 . Do you think I should keep it at 6.5 ? Thanks for the help

6. Your tap is 6.0? Crazy but ok. Have you had your tap water tested? Normally it is around 7.0-7.8. You may have some chemicals you are unaware of in your tap water.
    What are you using as you ph up?
    Baking soda? Jejeje beware of salt buildup if so.

Also, please never apologize to me for questions. It is all a learning experience and when apologies come into play it is saying your confidence level is low and that will affect your over all performance. With me no apologies are necessary, ever. :cool:

Also to note, have your caught the water draining from the pots after watering to check the ph of what your roots are sitting in?

7. I'm using pH up from general hydrophones. My well is private I had to replace my pump in January so got my water tested when the pump was switched out it came back pefret .I add nothing to my well water it comes out of the ground 6/6.1 ph from the tap. I have watered once since putting them in pots I have not tested the run off but I will the next watering.Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 MultiTech, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    Very good. Well water is fantastic! I jumped the gun and assumed city water. :)
    I am interested in your ph reading and look forward to you update and maybe a couple snap shots?
    Also if your well water is natural and un treated you do not need to use ph up as it will be great as it is.
    When transplanting mix in some diced up banana peels on the bottom 1/2 of the pots you transplant into. I recommend drying first. When the time comes that roots reach the zone, they will be hit with lots of P, K and other micro nutrients that will kick her into overdrive.

Shaka!

• Like Like x 1
  9. good luck man, got any photos

• Like Like x 1
  10. So I watered this morning my ph was 6.2 out of the tap no ph adjustment. I tested the run off of the four plants combined and that was 6.8 . I ll add a few pics. Three are 4 days since the broke ground and the other is just about 3 days above ground.Will def try dryed out banana skins.Thanks again

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks m8 I posted a few pics.

12. Great job Mark! They are looking great! Also just a tip. When testing the ph of the rub off. Try to test each individually as if you were to have a problem, you would not be able to see which is which. This just allows you more control in your garden.

Stoked on your babies and look forward to the progress!

Saludos!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Same water I have. Good ishk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hahaha I love bananas in my compost. One of my fav amends

• Like Like x 2
  15. MT thanks for the tip on my water it really is showing on the girls right now . I watered again today ph in was 6.1 . I tested the run off of each of my girls individual y The 3 big girls had 6.8 runoff and the little one had 6.5 runoff . Do you think that 6.5 is ok ? I think the bigger ones are doing well:)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Check your gals out! I got a few dollars for those beautiful babes! ;)

Your Ph levels look good. Keep an eye on the petite one. If it goes below 6.5 use a bit of ash (potash) mixed into your water on the next watering. Check the ph before application. Ash is a natural alkaline and will boost the ph up but can boost it up too much a well 1/2 tsp per gallon an check Ph. Shoot for a ph of 6.8 ish when applying the watering. Also that little gal will regulate the ph on a more consistent level once her roots acclimate to her medium more.

*if you checked all runoff at once, you would not have seen the difference. Excellent job Hunt!

Super stoked on you!

17. Thanks MT they were looking good for sure . I watered again today. Ph in runoff was kinda everywhere . The small one had a ph of 6.5 then I had one 6.9 then 7.0 and the big one has a ph of 7.3 . All from a ph of 6.2 from tap. I dropped my ph down to 5.7 and flushes the big one. The runoff was 7.1 after 2 Ltr of 5.7 water,

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looking great!

Your fluctuating Ph is most likely caused by the uptake of nutrients. When those gals feed and have sucked up a good amount of nutes, the Ph will normally become more alkaline as the PPM is depleted. It means your babes are feeding well! Maybe boost your PPM just a tad on the next feeding.
    On the other hand. If your Ph is becoming more Acidic naturally it is most likely caused by excessive nutrients or inappropriate nutrient mixes and your babe is leeching nutes into the soil. Higher nutrient concentration equals more acidic Ph.

If I was not very clear on this, let me know and I will most certainly go into further detail for you!

I dig your mind, keep it running!

Saludos!

19. Also you can see that yellow on the lil' gal on top. Once that Ph is steady at 6.8ish you will see that change also now that your lights are good!

20. I have not feed them yet nothing at all just water.I thought it was somewhat early to start feeding. When would be a good time to start? Im planning on using general hydrophones . Do you recommend any chart from GH? Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1