Skunk #1

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by juicedupjay, May 11, 2016.

1. Tent grow: 4x8x10
    Light: Kindlight Led 600
    Light Cycle: 24hrs on
    Soil mix:
    • 8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
    • 25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
    • 5 lbs steamed bone meal
    • 5 lbs Bloom bat guano
    • 5 lbs blood meal
    • 3 lbs rock phosphate
    • ¾ cup Epson salts
    • ½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
    • ½ cup azomite (trace elements)
    • 2 tbsp powdered humic acid
    Ph of runoff: 6.3
    1.5 months of VEG and is super small still
    Issues: first was battling fungus gnats, was able to help the situation by adding nematodes, and gnat nix. Then I was having yellowing of leaves due to im guessing humidity. I added a water res. to keep humidity up in the tent. Now im having browning of edges... I added terpinator (potassium Sulfate) yesterday to see it it helps. Any Ideas of why Its so stunted and what I can do to help this poor plant?
    thumbnail_IMG_2194.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2195 - Copy.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2196.jpg

Attached Files:

2. The reason your plant is not growing any faster than it is is because you planted a seedling in something that looks about the size of a barrel. The first thing a seedling does when put into soil is to grow a root system. While this is happening, the foliage isn't going to do much. Though it may seem to you that nothing is happening and the plant is not growing, believe me, it's growing like crazy...just under the soil. You best be prepared to be patient because it's going to take that plant a while before it gets to growing good. Your job is to leave it alone and let it do it's thing. Once the root system is finally developed, a couple of years from now (just kidding), you'll see the foliage start to pick up and grow more vigorously and the plant will use water more like it should. But until then, nothing huge is going to happen. I think you need to read up some about growing. You've spent tons of money on stuff to grow with, but if you don't understand the process, you've just wasted your money and time. Read about the life cycle of the plant to get a better understanding of what's going on with these things. Also, if you want this whole thing to go faster next time, start your babies in Solo cups with lots of good drain holes. Give them ONLY water until the plant is wider and taller than the cup. Then repot up to a 1 gallon pot and do the same thing. Bring them up in containers by degrees as confining the space they have to root into takes much less time that way and you get the plant back to growing foliage again. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 3
  3. HAHA! "couple years from now" had me rolling. thank you for the input! I will be patient and let nature do its thing.

4. Lol. White Widow is right.

I'd cut a circle around the plant and repot it in pure Seedling start in a much smaller pot for a couple weeks. It'll take off in the right conditions.

5. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Alright so I don't know how kosher it is but I'm going to turn this into a grow journal haha, anyone know have to change it to that category?
    So it's been a week or so since my last post and I took white widows advice and just let her chill and boy is she lookin good!!! I topped her on the third node with the pinch technique. Haven't seen any gnats in a while, and the small amount of terpinator I added helped with the yellow spotting

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Also forgot to add these are 2 weeks under 24hr light. But are 2 months since sprout

7. Thanks for updating us Juice, I'm happy to see she bounced back! Leaves look real good, no signs of nutrient problems. Keep us updated!

8. I'm really pumped how things are going! I'm thinking of transplanting into the final 5 gallon this weekend

9. Sturdy looking plant man :)
    Im growing some skunk#1 for my first grow also and am in the middle of it.
    I'm thirty days in now and rather glad to have something to compare it to.
    I was under the impression that it was an auto and would start flowering at about thirty days or am I understanding this wrong... lol

• Like Like x 2
  10. I'm really hoping this isn't an auto flower haha I got the skunk seed for free when I ordered some firefly seeds. You wanna post a picture of yours id like to see!

11. Yea sure :)
    I was under the impression that the strain itself had auto in it, although I may be wrong and would explain why mine arent flowering yet, which would be spectacular... 20160517_211823.jpg 20160517_211436.jpg 20160517_211423.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. First grow=experimenting with different training methods.

13. There was also a mass defoliation three days ago

14. They look great! It's my first grow so I'm trying to figure it out haha have you topped yet? I just did my first this morning and it's already responding well. What are you using for soil, nutes, and lights?

15. Just looked it up and there are skunk auto seeds as well as regular and feminized

16. First grow here too.
    I topped once around 15 days from seed which was 16 days ago.
    As far as soil and light Ive designed and built a vero 29 cob light and bubbleponic system.
    Until a few days ago they were at 100w between 3 cobs, current @250w between them.
    I have enough parts to do 600w on 6 cobs, but found that you really need to have a very large grow space to require that much light.
    Next time...lol
    Gh nutes.
    Zero protection against pests.
    Totally sterile environment.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The two taller ones I attempted to fim, but I dont think I did it right as it just slowed the upward growth and produced no extra colas.

• Like Like x 1
  18. [​IMG]

Got some curling of striations. Guessing it's from heat stress? Lights are about 3 ft from the canopy... And I have two fans in the tent but no temp gauge

• Like Like x 1
  19. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here a little update! So I transplanted the skunk
    from a one gal to a five gal, and we did some pruning on the little fan leaves. The top worked and the development is looking nice! Still a little worried about heat but the light is 3ft about the plant and I have two fans in the room

• Like Like x 1
  20. [​IMG]

Sooo got some powder mildew (I think) sprayed with some need oil and it really doesn't look like there is anything still on the leaf. Might have just been residuals from the water but idk