Skunk #1 On 200W Cfl Light Bulb

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by RoyalPurpleKush, Jul 20, 2014.

1. #1 RoyalPurpleKush, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
    Hey whats up guys, I'm pretty new here and decided to introduce myself with my first grow journal. I'm a frequent smoker and a beginner when it comes to growing. Because I live in Europe it's custom to me to mix my weed with tobacco and smoke it in a joint. I have a bong lying around so I don't hesitate to use it from time to time.  ;)

DSC_0285.JPG
    My Bong :)

Now that you know a little bit more about me, I'll tell you of my latest growing project. Two months ago I went to Amsterdam to get me some good quality nugs as usual. Walking through the streets towards numerous coffeeshops I encountered a smartshop selling decent seeds for a fair price. So I thought why not give it a shot and buy me some 5 Skunk #1 seeds for 10 € (around 13,5 $). I germinated three seeds, but they couldn't survive because of insufficient lighting. As the summer approached I decided to give it a re-try and germinate the other two, after being for 7 weeks in veg stage I saw that my plants desperetaly needed more light as they became more stretched out. A week ago I ordered a cheap growing light that wouldn't consume as much as other lights, but still give my plants the light they need.

My environment :
    -A closet I turned into a grow box covered with white paper
    -200W CFL light with reflecting hood having a spectrum of 6400K
    -Universal soil with perlite
    -Thermometer
    -No fertilization

My two skunk #1 plants are reaching their pre-flowering stage as I can see some pistils with two white hairs in a V formation starting to develop, beginning at the upper internodes where I topped my plants. Usually I prefer to top or F.I.M. my plants around the 4th or 5th node depending on the strain I'm growing, but I confess that I shouldn't have waited until the 6th node to begin LST. I think the best thing to do at this stage is to let the plants develop more branches and keep it on a 16/8 light schedule.

Here are some pics of my growbox, the plants individually, where I topped one of the plants and early calyx formation
    DSC_0277.JPG DSC_0278.JPG DSC_0279.JPG DSC_0280.JPG DSC_0281.JPG DSC_0282.JPG

Let me know what you think of this setup and how you think the plants are looking so far ! 

Cheers  :bongin:

2. I'll keep this topic updated, I hope someone finds the time to check this out. Personal opinions are always welcome !

3. Looks like a sativa dominate. Bend them over LST and they will bush out and use the light better.

They look good.

4. they do look like how mine started off...like they are stretching for light...but your defiantly look better than my babies do though...best of luck on your grow...

5. #5 RoyalPurpleKush, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014

I've bent them over, but the stem of one of my two girls snapped taped it up though

The other one is doing good

The stretch is because I didn't had a light yet, it was just a window grow basically before I purchased a growing light.

Thanks for the support, subscribe if you're curious how things will proceed :), I'll post some pics soon

For how long should I keep them bent?

7. You keep them bent... forever! The purpose here is to get the foliage on the side to start growing upwards... towards the light. You bend the plant over 90 degrees and lower the light. The plant does the rest.

Right, I've been doing it correctly then so far 

9. You should be quite happy with the results then! Good luck man

Thanks for the support, I'll post some pics soon to show the results of the LST

11. *UPDATE*

It's been 3 days since I started LST on these girls, looks like they're getting bushier. I accidently snapped the stem of the smallest plant again. I guess  I started late with the LST, the stem was already too thick...

DSC_0296.JPG DSC_0297.JPG

The leaves of the new growth are also curling slightly upwards, but the lamp isn't that close to the plant though. I've put the lamp a bit higher, I hope this is going to help my two girls...

Any advice on what I could possibly do to improve everything?

DSC_0293.JPG DSC_0294.JPG DSC_0295.JPG

12. Hey guys it has been a while since I updated my thread here.

I'm finally back from my little trip to reggae geel and I can tell you that it was a big smokers festival with around 60.000 attending. Staying there for 2 days and 2 nights was a great experience and I can honestly tell that there was not a single moment where I didn't had a joint in my hand. My friends and I brought around 1 ounce and we ran out too early, but luckily I've found a dime bag with 2g's in it, rolled myself a pure blunt and lighted it during the show of Damian Marley.

Now that I'm back I see that my plants made quite some progress, my girls are getting bushier and bushier.

Some feedback would be great :)

DSC_0292.JPG DSC_0293 (2).JPG DSC_0294 (2).JPG DSC_0295 (2).JPG DSC_0296 (2).JPG