Skreen of Dream 4k

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DannyBoy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Danny you change your pic every day, funny... Now ur brad pit.

Yo, how long did you flush before finding out the high ppm problem, they still look rough, I'd flush again soon, and for like 24 to 36hrs, pure ro water, and superthrive if u got it, then back to ur regular schedule.

Your at the ½ way mark, CONGRATULATIONS bro.

2. lol, yeah no more Mr. Lahey!

Really? i thought if you brought your levels down the plants would be able to intake the nutes! If you think i should, i can flush tonight! Do you think the plants would benefit from nothing to eat? I was just worried that i would run into some deficiency's if i was to flush for so long! Any suggestions help!!

3. Hey UWIll, sorry to stay on the subject, but just so i'm clear, do you want to flush to leach the nutrients out of the actual plants, or do you flush to leach the nutrients out of the media? Sorry, im still eager to learn everything i can! If its to leach the media, im fully leached, i started my new batch close to 1000 ppms, and im down to 860 ppms (.5 coversion) I figured the plants are eating! let me know what you think, if thats not the case, ill flush tonight!

4. You got it, that is what I was talking about. I bet that screen looks nice, oh and I think you are good on the nutes now.

5. You da Man Purps! Wish i could pass you this joint!

6. What up Party People, anyone here use Coco coir? I'm thinking about making the switch next run, possible using my ebb flow system, maybe with some smart pots! anyone out there come across this in a thread? Hit me up, tell me what you think!

7. Just a headz up brotha I wouldn't go recirc with coco I heard its a pain in the ass but that's just me.

Drain to waste if u can, much easier to get a couple smooth runs for u to make up for the probs u been havn but I would keep playn with at least a smaller version of ur system.

Hope this help.

8. Awwww shit,...here we go!!! flowers, flowers, flowers :hello:

btw- who ever said men don't like getting flowers for Valentines day is straight up SOBER!!

9. looks good so far :hello: mmmm i love bud

10. Damn what a setup! :eek: Really nice bro, I wish I had space and resources to do something like that!

Hey I'm using coco coir man, saw you asking earlier. I'm not doing anything on the scale that you are but I do have a small closet going and a nice vegetable garden (tomatoes & the like), all with coco and I love it.

I did lots of DWC back in the day, and soil too but I had bad luck with the mites. I have to keep it stealth now so DWC is not an option for me really (sound among other things...), coco is a great happy medium of soil/hydro.

I've heard you can use it in a EB/flood type setup but I haven't seen it done myself. I would think mixing it with hydroton would make it work ok but I dunno. I think a drip system would be fantastic though, I've used drips with coco and was blown away.

Check with jbyrd if you decide to research more, he's done larger scale grows using coco and I believe he said he had some issues with watering them all but I'm not sure.

Good luck man, I'll be stopping by!

11. this massive scrog is looking nice man sorry to see the burn issues, but it seems you have it straightened out can't wait to see more pics bro

12. I would have gotten back sooner, it didn't pop up on my list, dunno wtf... Flush wont hurt your plants at all, and infection is from nutrients, because bacteria and algae need nutrients to live... Plants can live on long periods of times with just water, majority of buble cloners, and DIY threads talk about using only water, and you have to make them live on just water when you are about to harvest, for the last week atleast...

When giving them nothing but water, it goes through everything, roots, stems, leaves, buds, all of it... As Yoda says, you can taste the water in a broken off leaf when the flush has transfered through the entire plant... Hope this helps, funny how fast ed popped in here, thats who I would of turned you to for the coco, its got me curious, I have thought about using it this summer for my outdoor scrog tomatoe plants.

13. Hello everyone,
    Apolagise for the lack of posts lately, my problems never left and i decided to pull the plug. ive decided to chop em all, make some hash and start a new crop in coco.
    Arnold thank you so much for your input, much respect, if i new how to give rep i would a hundred times.
    in the mean time im going to install my Mini split a/c and adjust my Brain to flood a few inches lower, and im also thinking of a way to raise my inner buckets a few inches so the floods only come up about a third of the bucket. Next round is going to be straight up flora nova bloom and floralicious for humics, ec around from 1.7 to 1.9 and ph between 5.8-6.2 I will be using bio biz coco and using one res from start to flush with auto top off and nutrient adback to lower ph when ec drops and ph drifts to 6.2

Also, not sure if i will scrog this round, just want a nice smooth natural run.

Ed, thanks for stopping by, glad to see you here!

Bloom, thanks bud, sorry it had to come down so quick!

Uwill, thanks my friend, hope you can stick around for the new run

14. Looking forward to the new grow Danny

15. Thanks Bohbo, I'll hopefully make this a fun read!

16. sorry to hear about the aborted grow man, best of luck starting again and getting it all tuned in just right

17. Hey Guys, just finishing up some upgrades in the room before the new babies arrive! Say goodbye say goodbye to hydroton, say goodbye say goodbye to hydroton (in my head to the beat of eminem) lol Coco here we go!!!
    I decided im going to do drain to waste, like Arnold Recommends, i wanted to try to ebb flow but maybe next time. I'm ganna drive up to LA to get some BCuz Coco, does anyone think i should get a different brand? Also i changed everything over to top feed, ill show you guys the new pics,
    Oh, and i got a kick ass deal Mini SPlit AC just installed it, its so rad i can change out different pics on the front, but im kinda digging the polished aluminum to match the reflective matirial i just put on the walls, pics in a bit!

Round 4 Blue dream (different cut, this one looks more sativa dom)

Lets get it on!!!!!!

18. Follow me to my new grow guys, hope to have you aboard!! :wave: Follow my sig to the coir section!

Arnold check it out!!