Skreen of Dream 4k

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DannyBoy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Ya you stumped me. Actually I have similar probs on a plant. However, lets see if you can help me on my issues. She looks real droopy since yesterday. I posted pics on my thread. Good luck with your probs man. :wave:

2. Doesn't cal mag help with Magnesium def?

3. Cal Mag does help deficiency, but if you have to much you can also have a lockout!

4. Alright, so i finally figuered out my problem! I just hope i still have time to repair my babies! So my PPM meter is not actually a .67 tds but set to .50, to make a long story short when i fed my girl at what i thought was 1290 ppms i was unknowingly feeding 1660 ppms! for you guys that use .70 conversion thats 1820! Im so mad at myself for not figuring this out sooner, some things just come with experience. Well, lets get this on corse, ive kept the ph on kew the whole grow, so i know now that its not a lockout i'm dealing with, just a case of over fert! Tonight i dropped the ppms down to 800, (using the .5 conversion)
    The Question is, do you guys think they can recover?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. That is some good news. Ya it sucks that it happened, but I commend yo on figuring that one out, pretty sharp man.

6. They really don't look that bad just a little burned. They weren't as beautiful as before but they should produce well I would think they still look great just a little 1st degree nute burn, I wouldn't stress over it for 2 reasons.

1) You caught the problem you should be commending yourself for the solution before things got bad.

2) It really looks like 1st Degree burns at worst they should be fine!

I was using my tap water before I got my RO system up and running (had to put water softener) My tap water was around 1200PPM so after nutes I was between 2000ppm and 3000ppm (lucas formula) and they still grew fine despite the ppm overdose. They are recovering nicely now.

7. Dude I pretty much had somethin like this happen on every1 of my grows so far only my prob got even worse and I still made out with some bomb buds so don't give up.

One thing I can say is no matter what degree burn it will affect your yield and from my experience nothn beets the flavor of a plant that has been properly flushed and has never suffered any burns at all.

I'm pretty sure u have seen my grows and know how much worse mine were than your right now and I still made out so keep your head high.

8. Thanks Bro,hows things looking on your end?

Holy Sh*t, where the hell do you live that you have gel for tap water? lol, how nice is it to finally have RO, like a clean slate!

Arnold, i remember you going through the headaches, that's why you went with coco drain to waste right? Heres a question for you, do you happen to know what conversion rate your EC meter is? I know that Advanced Nutrients uses .70 on there calculator, i wonder if you had the same issues as me! Whats going on over there Arnold, you still sitting in veg?

9. What up people, looks like things have stabalized. I made a fresh batch of juice last night, now that i am 10000000000% sure of my tds makes calculations a lot easier! So, back to my ratio, just incase you guys are interested heres the basic breakdown of whats being fed

starting ppm 10 ph 7.0

Big Bud 35 ppm
    FloraNova Bloom 865 ppm
    after additives
    Hygrozyme 20 ppm
    Aquashield (hydroguard) 0 ppm
    Piranha 20 ppm
    Tarantula 0
    CarboLoad 10 ppm
    Floralicious Plus 10 ppm
    Pro Silicate Plus (ph up) 0 ppms
    Total ppms Nutrients including BB 900
    Total ppms of Additives 70

Total 970 ppms ph 5.8

after 3 floods and top off of 2.5 fresh RO
    PPMS 900 and PH 5.9

now these babies are on track, i cant believe how tough this strain is!

10. Enjoy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The burn has stopped progressing, and the buds are developing, looks ok.

11. very nice set up Danny.... Ur ladies will recover, You will loose some leafs but other then that I think they will be fine...Looking great man

12. They do look good Danny :smoke:

13. Oh Danny well done man. Those look amazing now, it looks like the Mount Vesuvius of resin erupted on that lower picture and the little sugar leaves are poor poor Pompeii. Nice recovery, thanks for the details. So basically you flushed with RO a couple times then went back to nutes at about 80% ish?

And I live in Southern California with the evil water probably originating in Washington since we overpopulated the desert.

14. YODA!!! So glad you could stop in, any words from the Master will be greatly appreciated! I'm watching the effected leaves crisp up, im hoping that the loss of green will not completely devastate my crop, i have yet to have any kind of harvest! lol but thanks again, I've followed your threads forever! My dream is to fill my screen like yourself!
    Thanks Purps! Did your situation get handled? what did you determine was going on?

Yeah, i dropped my nute levels down to the seven hundreds for a day, leached out till the ppms kept dropping, then mixed a new batch at the correct ratio's then continued feeding, this morning they drank 100% more water then usual and the ph slowly climbed to my desired range. I'm going to keep them between 5.9 and 6.0 through the next couple weeks to avoid potential mg def! hope that's a good idea! lol

15. I am still working on it, she is just so droopy. I think I am going to post a thread in the Sick Plants section. It is only her, all the clones are looking good.

16. I've always heard that drooping usually has something to do with the root zone, how big is the pot? Rootbound??

17. subscribed

18. my little burn victims
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. :cool:I was just wondering if you can even get to those leaves to trim them. I have realized that doing a SCROG this size can pose some problems.

20. Are you talking about the burnt leaves? Last night i removed all the leaves that were 50% or more dead, it looks much better without them in there! as far as problems, what were you referring to exactly?