Skreen of Dream 4k

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DannyBoy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. What up everyone, sorry i haven't posted anything in a couple days, been busy with some issues!

Well, i was hoping for a smooth run, but ran into some interveinal chlorosis a few days ago, Looks like Mag Def hit fast and hard! I did notice that some of the larger fan leves were losing color and dying, my dumb ass thought it was the older leaves that were messed up from the spraying when they were early in veg, i just thought that they were becoming more visible after they grow up over the screen, then i noticed that a few of the younger leaves started getting a little yellow in the leaf margins! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! So heres what i did, iver tge weekend i added Epsom to the rez, never done it before but i didnt see much change, so i added a bit of Gen Hydro Cal Mag, Then, Wed i did my weekly flush, but unstead of running ph'd water, i ran just RO and Cal Mag Plus, then Thursday with the res change, i only added 8mls Nova, about 250 ml Cal Mag Plus, and some AquaSheild (hydroguard) the only thing i didnt add this week was the Big Bud. Last night i also hit them with a foliar feed of Cal Mag Plus and Wet Betty, Things are starting to darken up a bit, ill post som pics a little later, hopefully i dodged a bullet! I think this Blue Dream is extra Mg hungry!

Other then that, the flowers are coming in strong!!!!

2. Thats such a sick set up man!
    iv never done hydro and dont know much about it
    but thats excellent you think you dodged a bullet
    cant wait to see what that set up can produce

3. Flowers are a bloomin!

[​IMG]

Screen Shot
    [​IMG]

Pics of the damage! Mg Def sucks! Hope the adjustments help. pretty sure im ganna lose some leaves, prob wait till they are 80% dead to take them off.
    [​IMG]

Birds eye
    [​IMG]

4. You are doing real good, imo. As I looked at the "bird's eye view" I was wondering what you were hoping to produce as far as dry weight? How many sqft is your screen?

5. What up brudda!!! Thanks, hopefully i got this screen under control, its 48 sq ft, my goal is to get .5 grams per watt, about 1.33 oz per sq ft. anything over will be a party! so far there about 8 inches above the screen, im sure i have a couple more weeks of stretch, cant wait to see what happens, my last grow was a desastor, i only got 4 oz off 4 lights, but had issues with spider mites and nute issues ;(
    I'm about to check the updates on your side!

6. Yo, whats up my friend, I too was looking to have a slight bowl to my screen, i kept training the middle of the screen a couple days longer than the sides, so far things are looking pretty uniform. I'm hoping they dont get any higher than 12" that was the goal when i stopped tucking, i figure the 1000's should have enough penitration to reach a foot down, im really looking to avoid popcorn. Have you been trimming your under growth? im thinking of keeping a couple inches of foilaige under the sreen, and stripping naked from that point and under, i think ill start trimming a couple every day, see how it goes, tonight should be 16 days flower, not sure how much longer the blue dream grows last time they had stopped growing by this point, but they were all jacked up. How are the bubble buckets going?

7. Anyone ever have issues with Mag Def? I was wondering whats the recovery like, ive done what i think i can to help these girls, i know the damaged leaves will not recover, but im getting a little worried. Ive been trying to keep track looking at details from pictures day by day, im pretty sure its not nute burn, im very light on the EC. anyone wanna throw in there words?

8. You need to go to the force man :smoke:

9. Force as in Bud Slinger?

10. Yep :cool:

11. Looks awsome, left me in aw esp. birds eye view one. Cant wait to see harvest.

12. What up guys, just a quick update, things are looking ok, can't really tell if the problem is gone, things dont seem to be getting any worse! Anyways heres a couple pics !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. almost looks like you have light burn on the leaves.

but the girls look awesome!

14. I totally had some burning, I treated what might i think was Mag Def, but i'm thinking that my PPM meter was sold to me as a .67 ec conversion, im thinking its .50, so for the past three grows ive been over doing what i thought! I backed down to 950 ppms at .50, before i was running at 1100, so not quite sure if its nute burn or cal def, hopefully i figure this out quick!

15. good god that is sexy:eek:

16. Hey everyone, in about an hour I'm going to post my nutes and ph ppm info, I want to see if anyone can help pin point my burn issues! Think you guys are down to help a brudda out?

17. #57 DannyBoy, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
    So i just came to the conclusion that my Eutech meter is working off .5 conversion, all this time i was thinking it was .67 conversion! so this whole time i think ive been hitting them with an EC as high as 2.5 awwwwwwww so do you guys think this burn is Nute Burn, or Magnesium Deficiency?

Im at 950 ppm EC 1.9 now, should i flush or let them feed at this rate, ppms still droping and my PH has never gone out of wack, tell me what you guys think i should do!

the chart here shows ph and adjustments, ppm and temps!

[​IMG]
    here you see date ph, before after floods and adjustments, then ppms before after and adjustments
    then low temp high temps humidity is there, but didnt keep track as much, its averaging 45%
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    here might be my issue, see i was working with .6 conversion, and i think my meter is .50

18. Here is my actual PPM meter, does anyone have this meter, do they know for sure what conversion it is? .50 .64 .67 .70???? If anyone could help out that would be great! thanks guys
    [​IMG]

19. Also forgot to mention that I raised my lights from 16 inches to 30 inches just incase it was light bleaching.

20. Not one reply, have i stumped all of you?

Another Q:

if i run 8ml per gal of Floranova Bloom, would i need to add cal mag? or do you think im locking out Mg by adding 5 ml of cal mag per gallon with my RO??

Anyone?