Skreen of Dream 4k

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DannyBoy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. #21 LBH, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
    You ain't seen nothin yet,lol,....screens fill quickly and then it's a week or 2 of tucking, tucking, tucking. This thing is going to look like a plot of forest was lifted from nature and dropped in the room.

My only concern is getting to the plants. Danny, have u run this screen before? I would suggest making it 3 screens with a 1-2' corridor between so you can get in there and address any issues easier. I run squares of 4 plants, exactly an arms length to the back 2,lol.

Looking awesome, great color, uniform growth, bravo :hello:

2. nice screen, i definitely would let them go a bit longer. I fill mine about 90% before I switch to make sure it is completely full, then most of the stretch is above the screen.

3. Arnold, thanks bro, its getting there!

PrplHz, Thanks bruddah!

LBH, glad you can stop in, ive been reading your threads forever! As far as the screen goes, i can every plant, the screen is rather large, but im pushing 6'9 so i have no problems reaching any plants, good looking out though!

JZChillen, i flipped them a week ago, im not going to do much training, all the growth from here on out will me vertical, the blue dream is a pretty good stretcher, so i shouldnt have any problems getting some nice colas!

4. Anyone ever breed there own Bennies? i just set up some buckets, ganna try to breed my own piranha tarantula and voodoo! check it!
    [​IMG]

Heres the new Mums, ganna hit these babies with AN Sensi instead of Nova Grow, just cuz i have a few bottles left. from back left to right
    Blue Dream (DJ shorts Cut) Super Lemon Haze #5 pheno, XJ-13 (Jack Herer x G-13), front left Super Skunk, then Pure Kush on the front left, yields nothing, but i love it!

[​IMG]

5. I would veg just until they're starting to reach through the screen and then flip it, assuming you've got an indica heavy cross you're looking at 1.5-2x stretch which should fill in the canopy nicely.

Forgive me if you've already addressed this but I didn't read the whole thread - seems like 4kw is a lot more than needed for that area....I think I could probably match your production level and quality level with half the wattage. Just something to think about it, that's a lot of extra $$$ a month for electricity you might not need.

6. #26 LBH, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
    I have,....but not on purpose,lmao

I had a Church from GHS hermi and pollinate a ClosetCrack so now we have ....................

[​IMG]

Good luck on your endeavor bud :wave:

7. How Delicious!!! CLoset Crack, is that like Space Queen (green Crack)? crossed with Church, wow!!!!!! Oh boy, is that the finished product? How many seeds did she give you, and what happened that she Hermied?

8. ClosetCrack is a strain from a local who cross breeds cup winners each yr, the strain has been changing every yr for 15 yrs.

The churchs were subject to cat piss in early veg. Thought I removed all that got affected but guess not. Pollinated 3 CC's got a few hundred seeds maybe

9. Hey bud, i do think i could have gotten away with 3k, but extra lumens never hurt anyone. I'm happy you have gotten your shit down to where you can out produce me, but to each and his own!

As far as the strain im growing, its Blue Dream, a Sativa Dom Hybrid, so its nice and stretchy. With The lights i'm running, i should have no issues with deep penitration of a taller canopy, let time tell how the production comes, either way i should have enough smoke for a year for my family and myself!

10. Hey dude, I didn't mean to come off as though I can "out produce" you! i guess the way I said it did make me look like a presumptuous cock, not intentional my man. I believe that you know what ya need and you're right, extra light never (really) hurts anything except your wallet :p

Just curious, you had a look at the vertical style of growing that's becoming more prevalent now? I'm actually finishing up a new setup where i incorporated a vertical light with vertical scrog-style screens, I'm interested to see what it can do. Yields (well, grams/watt numbers anyways) appear to be at least 1.5X the traditional horizontal setup with the same wattage and up to 2X + with a really good stadium-style screened setup.

Happy farming :wave:

11. #31 LBH, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010

Same page kinda.

just sharing

Different growers "use" the screen differently, different strokes for different folks, not criticizing one or the other, or any in between but what I (as in, this is all just my opinion) am going to be aiming for with the next screen is this.

I want to tuck to roughly the same stage you did but I usually tuck a bit more. I usually tuck till about 1 week after the flip, a few days b4 flowering begins. I get about 6-10" avg main colas. Typical and dead on for a screen style grow. The general idea accepted that you top and train a plant going under the screen and make that main cola a bunch of med buds that all get even light. The idea of the screen is to flatten out the plant so it maximizes the footprint of the light as opposed to just being able to get the light as low as the biggest top will allow, resulting in weaker light for the lower buds.

Anyway.

I was thinking of meeting somewhere in the middle.

The general style and your style of actually aiming for "tall" after screening. I was thinking of tucking less but getting the light closer during the stretch to try and pack in the nodes at the same time. Reasoning thought being I'll get med/lrg buds that will be fatter instead of lrg/xl buds that are thinner.

Thoughts? Have u messed with height/screen stuff b4?

Should I smoke more? :laughing: :smoking:

12. That's so funny that you say that! I went with cool tubes this round so i can get the lights as close as possible. I wanted to get a bit higher off the screen just because i have so many watts per square foot (80+) i figured i can make my screen turn into a SOG, but with 1/4 the plants. Right now the light is 16 inches from the top of the plants, any closer then i think i will be compromising the side sections of the screen. Shorter inter nodes on a good 12-16" stem, that's what im shooting for!

13. Yo JD, no worries bro, i never take offense to constructive criticism, in no way shape or form! of anything we should take it and learn from it! hows the LA coming along, how long before those babies go into flower?

I really dig the idea of the vert grows, im pretty sure sooner or later ill get my beak wet with some verts!

14. Did a few last tucks and repositioning tonight, went back in two hours later and there was another inch of growth! And today was the first sign of flowers:hello:
    I'm curious to see how far they will go from here, my last grow with this strain was a nightmare had so many issues my plants didnt grow much after the switch and mites eventually destroyed the crop, this time its totally different, made some major changes now my wife says it looks like a nasa lab, she things the Tyvek coveralls look like space suits ;)

[​IMG]

6 days of training about 5 hours of man handling these bitches! day 3 and day 9 12/12
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. #35 PrplHz, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    Love your screen man. I am trying to catch ya. :smoking:

16. What up people, just chillen right now watching the rain wash away my hill, so much mud everywhere, i wish it would get a little more cold and turn this all into some snow.
    Anyway, all seems alright in the room, last night before lights came on, i took some pics with the lights off so i could check the girls color, i was a little concerned that they where losing color in there leaf margins so i added some epsom and raised the ph to 6.0

other than that, i should have some pics up tonight, the girls are a few days into showing there flowers, cant wait to see whats in store when the lights come on. see you soon

17. way to whip them bitches into shape dannyboy. can't wait to see that canopy fill out :wave:

18. Just a headz up...

Although yield may be the largest, I noticed when u let ur colas get too big above the screen they dont get full/even light distribution/penitration they tend to block alot of light from each other and sometimes lean on each other resulting in some popcorn still towards the botton of the colas (i also slightly over grew it and should of flipped 12/12 earlier so this could have also played a roll).

In my opinion the whole reason of scrog is EVEN light distribution to icrease yield and so that all your buds are grade A+ NO POPCORN. Next round i'm aiming for 10-12" colas max jus training the middle of the screen alittle longer than the edges mayb like 3-4days or so to get even more from your light (creating a slight bowl shape with the canopy)

Gona give it a shot and let u guys know how it works for me.

What r you aimimg for as far as colas size above the screen?

19. yo lookin awsome! very pretty start.

20. Hey Danny, what's good with ya? Man, what happened to the pics, I've been waiting on them. If you aren't careful, my screens will be full before you get your pics up :D lol.