skip seeds in baggy and paper towel?????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crystalbuds123, Sep 10, 2008.

1. I have a quick question, i am going to use an ebb n flow system, can i just put the seeds in the grow medium right from the start under my 1000 watt light instead of starting them in a paper towel, in a baggy, then under a florescent,till they get big enough to put under HID, in a sense won't that be the same as starting seed outside in full sunlight i just want to start the seeds in my ebb-n-flow so i don't have to worry about light shock or hardening them off!!!this seems more natural any help would be great i will be getting my seeds in about a week i am going to try the auto flower lowryder/AK47 and lowryder/kush.i am going to try getting away from cloning and just get a nice seed stock from the lowryders.

2. I'd make sure that the light is a great enough distance. 1000w will burn them seedings up fast

3. Germination is not always a 100% thing. If you put your seeds directly into your medium how will you know witch ones will come up? Using the paper towel method allows you the ability of knowing the seed is viable before putting it to sprout. Seeds will also sprout much faster (1-4 days) using paper towel as opposed to placing directly in medium and taking 1-4 weeks to start. Also a 1000w light is alot for newly sprouted seedlings. As above poster stated better keep it very cool and very far from the babies until they have a strong root base. I would recommend getting a small T5 or cfls for the first week of seedling, as all that light is a huge waste at this stage. IMO Much Love.

4. i have a 400 watt also and i planned on putting the light about 3.5 feet-4 foot above them as not to burn them up, i have 3 CFL's i guess i could put those up first, what about putting the seedelings in the ebb n flow after they sprout in the napkin? thanks again