Skinny dude with arm tats?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by TreeLife, May 13, 2012.

1. So I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while, and the only place I really want a tattoo on is my arms. Problem is I'm pretty skinny, and generally think I would look kinda dumb with a tattoo on my bicep while being skinny. Do you guys think I should still get one there? If I did get it, how would it look if my biceps got bigger from working out (which I plan to start doing in the near future). Will the tat get stretched?

2. It really depends on the tattoo and the weights your talking about...
    say if you get a thick black tribal tattoo, while your 60 kg - then end up working out etc untill your around 75 kg - ofcourse its not going to look as good as it did when you first got it. but its not going to ruin the design. simply make the thin lines thicker etc etc (im sure you've seen detailed tattoos on an older person and the lines have all stretched in and out, faded from sun, etc)

If I was in your position I would never go getting a picture of your mum or anything like that tattoo'd, untill your completely comfortable with your weight (and arms).
    And remember anything like a detailed face, needs to be around the size of your palm. smaller and your just asking for trouble in the long run.

3. I'm @ 60kg, though I know my weight will prbably go up as I enter my late 20's.
    So I'm waiting it off.
    Generally bicep tattoo's do sound weird, I'd probably get some forearm thing.

4. I don't think it'd be huge deal, unless you plan on going from a skinny guy to a jacked up schwarzenegger look-alike.

I'm a skinny guy, and I got my thigh done prior to working out. My legs are bigger now, and the ink still looks great. But, a realistic face on a bicep? A slight change might be more noticeable there...

Just to be safe, I'd say wait till you are comfortable with your body before getting ink. But on the other hand, your body is always going to be changing. Ah, what the fuck. Go for it dude!

5. guys with tats r hot =3

6. I'm skinny and doubled sleeved who cares its not to impress others. But if you do plan on working out and putting on weight just wait. There's no rush man they'll still be there to ink you later.

7. Skinny guys with tats on their arms look great if they're done correctly. Yeah, go for it.

8. my tattoo artist must weigh 120 lbs if that and hes literally covered in tattoos. As long as you like it theres no reason not too. All that matters is what you think.

9. [quote name='"MilkyLumpkinz"']guys with tats r hot =3[/quote]

lol what is this? All your comments remind me of a 15 year old girl on YouTube...

10. Yeah, but she's right about that. :p

11. quoted for da troof

12. I have my chest and side done, haven't put anything on my arms for this reason, I feel like tattoos on my super skinny arms would look retarded lol

13. Some skinny people rock sleeves. I kinda like that style, but idk if a single arm tat would look good.

Attached Files:

14. Wut iz u?

15. stomach to chest tat, all of your legs, im skinny and i dont get arm tats. i think they'll look silly

16. its fine arms is the best place whether your skinny or fat

17. No it won't look right

18. I'm skinny, I have arm tats and I love 'em. That's all that matters. All you need is a good tattoo artist.

19. My buddy J is skinny and he has tats on his forearms and biceps. It doesn't look bad at all, although he does work out. personally, I'm holding off getting a tattoo until I gain more muscle mass. Do what makes YOU happy though, dude! if you want a tattoo, go get one!:D

20. I'm not skinny, I'm 6'4" 230 lbs but I'm a rather lanky nerd, so proportionally I have fairly skinny arms....both covered.

My BFF of all time no homo bro is scrawny as hell...18B ODA Operator, Special Forces for 6 years now 2x full sleeve's.

It's all in your head.....some good ideas and a good artist to bring them all together can make skinny arms, buff arms and fat arms all look good, after the crusty peely bit that is.