Skin Color

Discussion in 'General' started by Ezav420, Jun 12, 2008.

1. The difference in skin color is not a large enough biological difference for us to be classified as different "races".

I thought this was interesting..my Anthro professor is full of good knowledge:smoke::smoke:

2. we are all human. segregation and discrimination is wrong.

3. why is it that white peopel have races such as 'arian' and anglo saxon and all that other crap, then theres black people, they have hutu's tutsi's, and a few others. i guess its easier that way for the government to classify us.

4. exactly dude, classification.

They want us all to fight each other so they can watch from above..easiest way to do that..make our differences as large as possible, or SEEM as large as possible.

really we ARE the same.

thats why forums are tight, especially GC, i have no clue what your skin color is, all my opinions of you guys are based on what you SAY, not look like.

5. Your anthro teacher must be a dreamer as well.

6. I agree that classification shouldn't be used in an evil way. However I think it's necessary from a scientific standpoint. Maybe not necessary, but interesting. We are all humans but these different races all evolved from areas with distinct geological and climate differences that were translated into our bodies. Certain types of people were better suited for specific areas.

7. muzikman has a good point,

some of us has evolved, or whatever your opinion is due to our geographical differences. undeniably.

but that means that at some point perhaps we were all quite similar?
    so really the prejudicial gap has been growing since pangea split?
    idk im just rambling on my fifth bowl out of this bong. . .
    interesting point op, very thought provoking.
    ill definitely ask a few people and see what they have to say.

:smoke:
    yayuh!

8. so true

+rep

9. skin color means nothing to me, but i think there is deff enough biological differences to be called different races... not in a bad way of course.

10. i'm just white. plain and simple

11. what i want to know why there is so much prejudice against blacks but none against albinos.

:p

12. nah dude, there isnt though.

skin color is not a big enough difference for us to be classified as different races.

it isnt.

thats what i thought was so interesting

13. once you go white, nothing else will seem right.

lol had to say it.

14. We are not classified into races by our skin color, we are classified by where we came from. The skin color just goes along with where you came from. imo there are differences both physically and mentally.

15. Humans didn't exist before pangea split.

16. im still waiting to evolve,,,,

im just a knuckle dragging neantherthal....:p