Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Skin cancer and Marijuana.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sheet, Oct 29, 2010.

1. So my mom just told me that she just got a call from her doctor informing her that she has stage 1 skin cancer. She has a thing on her back that they scraped for a test and turns out it's cancerous. So they are going to "dig" it out next friday, but chances are they could miss part of it and this could snowball into a more severe form of skin cancer. She also has pre cancerous patches of skin on her face (they look normal) that they are removing closer to the holidays...

My question is, if my mom were to smoke marijuana, would it improve her chances of the cancer not morphing into something more severe? Would it stop the growth of any skin lesions, and would it be helpful at all?

Are there any reputable sources on the anti cancer agents of marijuana? My mom is not one to sit down with a bong, I don't think she's ever smoked weed in her life, and she has expressed negative thoughts toward the plant on a few occasions.
    She doesn't know I smoke, but this has got me thinking that in a year or less I may want to tell my mom about my smoking habits, and possibly suggest that she use it as a medication. I'm just worried about her, and knowing things such as Bob Marley lived for four years with severe cancer without undergoing any treatment OTHER than smoking marijuana... makes me think that it's worth trying to ensure my mom won't become very sick.

Sorry if this post sounds ignorant at all, that is because I AM ignorant when it comes to cancer. Any input would be appreciated.

2. You only get somthing like 10% of the anti cancer and deep medical healing effects from smoking. Getting relief from a condition is one thing but for this case you would need to eat the weed and/ or apply a concentrated hash oil onto the lesions just like a cream. Its about concentrating the medicinal cannabinoids which only make up a small portion of the actual buds. JUst like any other medicine

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw]YouTube - RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story (Part 1 of 7)[/ame]

3. Thankyou hurb1, very informative!

+rep.

Sorry for this post, I feel it may have been a bit unnecessary now, I'm just sort of nervous you know.