Skiing/snowboarding Where/favorite place

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Heyimblazed, Aug 3, 2012.

1. I think in about 2 years since I already have a ski plan for this winter, I think I'm gonna gO up to Canada and ski whistler

2. [quote name='"poopdolla"']I traveled to tahoe this year all the way from
    Canada and hit up Northstar, Heavenly, and Sierra! Had a fucking blast, terrain parks there are soo killer compared to Canada's, unless ofcourse you count whistler![/quote]

Those are my home mountains. Oh yea did I mention north star is Shawn whites home mountain and he designed the pipe there. Seen he ripping out there it's so sick.

3. [quote name='"poopdolla"']I traveled to tahoe this year all the way from
    Canada and hit up Northstar, Heavenly, and Sierra! Had a fucking blast, terrain parks there are soo killer compared to Canada's, unless ofcourse you count whistler![/quote]

Fuck yea, heavenly and north star are killer! Great to hear you had a great time!

4. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']

Those are my home mountains. Oh yea did I mention north star is Shawn whites home mountain and he designed the pipe there. Seen he ripping out there it's so sick.[/quote]

Yea my friend actually has been on a run with him at N Star.

5. I started boarding at Steamboat on yearly vacations from like 2nd grade to my senior year in highschool. But I just moved out here last year got the WP season pass, this year im going to get the winter park, copper, 6 days at steamboat. SO STOKED FOR THE SEASON BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!!

6. I look at Beaver Creek everyday!

[​IMG]

I will be working in Vail this winter! Can't wait for some serious dumpage. Last winter was my first winter here and it was rather disappointing.

7. wow you live right where one of my buddies lived last year, like on that same hill... haha weird.

8. [quote name='"YosemiteToker"']

Fuck yea, heavenly and north star are killer! Great to hear you had a great time![/quote]

I really only liked northstar and sierra because when i went to heavenly it was fucking freezing and windy! The mountain felt too big haha! Also, the rails and boxes there were all rusty and looked all warn out compared to the features in northstar. Whats boreal like??

9. [quote name='"poopdolla"']

I really only liked northstar and sierra because when i went to heavenly it was fucking freezing and windy! The mountain felt too big haha! Also, the rails and boxes there were all rusty and looked all warn out compared to the features in northstar. Whats boreal like??[/quote]

Probaly like the east coast mountains. We call it boring hill.

10. i am a big skier too!!! and i love to blaze while doing it. i live at lake tahoe and im surrounded by some of the best mountains on the west coast. got squaw northstar kirkwood alpine boreal rose diamond. those are my favorites

11. [quote name='"poopdolla"']

I really only liked northstar and sierra because when i went to heavenly it was fucking freezing and windy! The mountain felt too big haha! Also, the rails and boxes there were all rusty and looked all warn out compared to the features in northstar. Whats boreal like??[/quote]

Well heavenly is a lot of fun on pow days but if you're having fun at NorthStar then don't go to Boreal. Boreal is REALLY small. Like only 3 or 4 lifts. It's pretty cheap though compared to NorthStar.

12. [quote name='"YosemiteToker"']

Well heavenly is a lot of fun on pow days but if you're having fun at NorthStar then don't go to Boreal. Boreal is REALLY small. Like only 3 or 4 lifts. It's pretty cheap though compared to NorthStar.[/quote]

If u are a decent rider u can get top to bottom at boring hill in about 30 sec. Lame. Don't waste your money.

13. I've got stoned on Big White, Cypress, Seymour, Grouse, and Hemlock (all local mountains)

And i've made a chill spot at each one. It's awesome to toke and ride, you never smell like it cause snow seems to have a sent on clothing.

14. Well you air out when you're riding, that's my view on it

15. Spirit Mtn. Duluth, Minnesota. Fun place, not as radical as a lot of other places but it's cool being semi-local.

I'm going to go hard this year snowboarding or I will have longboard withdraws haha

16. This thread made me realize I need to buy a fuckin passport and fly over to Canada for the winter lol

17. I go skiing once a year in alpine valley, no where near a mountain but its still a good time :p

18. take a trip to utah if possible. best snow iv ever been on. and the terrain is unbelievable. youl be on top of a mtn and hear nothing but pure nature. stay at the canyons because the hotels are right next to the lifts and its welcoming to skiiers and boarders. 5/5 no doubt

19. Share some skiing stories to, favorite times while skiing

20. fuck, skiing is so awesome. I snowboard though, and am not very good but I wish I was.
    One time I was skiing with a friend at killington, and I popped like two ritz firecrackers in the morning. I felt like a ghost in the dining hall, a ninja on the mountain. No lie, I was super retarded. Then me and my friend took a detour through the tree trails. After that I had no idea what was going on so i took my stuff off and started to spy on the skiiers through the trees haha. I watched a dad belittle his 6 year old for like 20 minutes straight, it felt like a movie.