Skating

Discussion in 'General' started by makinthelul420, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Have not skated since high school ( 5 years ago ) bought a new complete today at the local shop and hit up the park. god damn i missed it so much i can't remember why I ever stopped!?

any tips or advice on someone re-learning how to skate after a long time away?

i can still do small board slides and a heel flip here and there but not nearly as good as i used to be. it sucks cause im the only one i know who skates and it sucks going alone not knowing anyone and being generally older than everyone there. went today right when it opened and there was me and like 10 other kids all in the 10-12 range...

I live in GA and was hitting up the progressive skate park any blades local to the area?

2. I skate alone all the time. I know what your talking about. Its not the same as having that huge ass crew of skaters going around the town ripping local areas. :D

3. My buddy skates, and he just moved back. So i decided to get a board a few weeks ago.

I'm loving it! I'm mostly doing tranny at my local parks. Its awesome exercise that is fun as shit.

4. Just got a new 8" blind and some bones swiss' two weeks ago, haven't skated in two years! Feels hella good.

5. No shit? i just bought a 8" creature and bones swiss today and it does feel hella good bruh!

6. When I go back to skate, it all comes back after a few sessions. I prefer vert skating so I think that's why.