skaters/artists/creative people out there!

Discussion in 'General' started by excaliburr, May 7, 2011.

1. just got a new skateboard deck today which means a new canvas of griptape in which to decorate. ideas as to what i should put on?

2. gonna go with the obv... leaf.

3. Put something totally metal on there! Adourn it with Vikings, naked women, skulls, pentagrams, and fire! :metal:

4. "wasted youth" with an inverted cross replacing the t in youth...

5. #5 Renegade Angel, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yep. Pot leaf ftw! :D

6. Pot leaves are just tacky. Unless that's the kind of "creativity" youre looking for. :shrug:

I'm just super sayin.

7. "See you on the flipside"

When you do flip tricks you'll have a better chance at landing them if you have this phrase printed on your griptape. Trust me.

:laughing:

8. #8 Renegade Angel, May 7, 2011
    Why are they tacky?

9. Well, for one, it's not original. Tattoos, graphic designs (on decks, stickers, etc) all have been done, and only three words come to mind when I see it - tacky as fuck.

And two, it's a silly attempt at, "oh hayy look at me I smoke. I'm fucking COOL." Hence, tacky as fuck.

:rolleyes:

I feel the same way about crosses - unless it's inverted. But you know, that's just my take on it. ;)

10. #10 Renegade Angel, May 8, 2011
    Okay, I get ya :D

11. what do u think about an inverted cross on an inverted cross?

[​IMG]

12. #12 oscarsi, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    you should write "skate and bake" haha

what kind of deck you riding?
    Oh, and you should post a picture of what you decide to make on it.:smoke:

13. .. what's with all the inverted crosses.

14. ..super lame.

15. haha some pretty good ideas being thrown around! btw the deck is just a noname- blank maple-lookin kinda thing (25$ for a deck cant be beat).
    I sat down earlier trying to hash out some ideas to draw on it only to realize that I am infact arts and crafts retarded :(
    So i just wrote a cliche love/hate kinda setup to demonstrate my relationship with the sport (yall skaters out there know what i mean)
    Im gonna let it dry overnight then ill throw a pic or two up

16. #16 abouttodeletethis, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  17. Put like rasta colors on it. Spraypaint, duck tape, other griptape, not the whole thing though, like a stripe of each color, right next to each other, over like the hardware, kinda diagonally.