Skateboarding. (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by coldcheese, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Check out those 8.25's man. I only ride those, and it's like a perfect width

• Like Like x 2
  2. Been away for a bit I've learned a few new ones, nollie smith front and back, nollie back lipside , front and back disaster, front and back nollie switch feeble to regular, back 5050 to regular, and as of today overcrook stall to regular tranny gang shit lol

3. Yeah I noticed with my 7.75 deck it's damn near impossible to keep the board in spinning control because my foot is so much wider than the board. So I've been told wider decks have better rotational potential for better experiences. Definitely going to look at 8.25s for the next size. Thanks for the insight man!

• Like Like x 1

4. You got it brotha man.... Weather's been shit here...well it is New England in March so ya..... But Super stolked for the skate weather..... Graduating college in May, so not much skate time. Gotta get out soon. Keep the thread alive. :passtheshit:

• Like Like x 1
  5. 7.75"...ew. I remember 2007.

Real talk, though. Wider boards are the shit if you've got adult-sized feet. There's more to land and ride on and it spins so much more predictably.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That time of year for me to get out and skate as much as i can.

• Like Like x 1
  7. check out www.kentskatepen.com for SANTA CRUZ & CREATURE decks
    Hot new webstore stocking top skateboard & clothing/footwear brands.....ave a look www.kentkskatepen.com

we are on facebook, twitter, instagram. All linked from www.kentskatepen.com

there will be a lot more stock listed within the next 4 weeks.....

8. I am re-learning skateboarding while my son watches me nearly die.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Skate dads are rad lol.

10. I had an achievement unlocked moment the other day. There is this street in my town with a deadly grade slope and I bombed that shit through traffic and all. Scary as fuck, but the adrenaline rush was unmatched.

I felt like a complete badass for not shitting my pants and dying. I have thus named this mountain Goliath, after the six flags magic mountain coaster.
    :metal:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thought I'd bring this back up to date. Btw flying down a hill swerving in and out of traffic is one of the best feelings on earth. That's sick.

I'm just getting back into skating after some pretty serious changes in my life, all for the better. No more party all night sleep all day sort of lifestyle. Looking for work, thinking about school ect.. But skating has always been there for me. I can remember just having a blast skating down the street ollieing off curbs and shit. Skating should be for fun, for love, for feeling those trucks slash against that first curb you grind. That's what skating so all about not who can grow the longest hair and tre flip the biggest double set. Encourage people who aren't is good as you don't laugh or mess with em. I'm not calling anyone out. But if you've been to a local skatepark on the east coast. I'm sure you know what I mean. It's just a little wooden toy, that were gonna ride for as long as we can.
    That being said, excuse my rant.

Before my break I was riding mainly 8.5 creature or Krooked boards, skating mostly transition.

Now I ride
    8.375 superior deck (on a budget wanted to have money for grass)
    Thunder trucks
    Redz berrings
    Spitfire 54 mm wheels

I like big boards for grabs, bonlessess, ect..

Anyone on grass city still skating ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Holy shit you guys I can't believe my thread is still up and running. Finally just came back to gc and it's good to be back! Thank you guys for keeping this thread going. Hope everyone is still shredding, it's been a while for me since I had a kid but I'm still trying to keep skating. Good to be back on here!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Congrats on the kid man! Lol I feel like I'm talking to myself here. You all seem to be ghosts on this thread. But someone, someday, will see this. Yes gonz just ollied Wallenberg. In what 93 or something? No roll in.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Bout to go skate, just found a nice parking lot. Lots of Manuel pads and painted curbs! Gonna toke real quick tho. Late night street sessions are tits money. Talk to you all later. -Big Foot

• Like Like x 1
  15. kids these days...

• Like Like x 2
  16. One of the my favorite skaters right now, this kids incredible.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #3499 mrgreen32, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    I got 5-0 to fakie down on tranny this last week, how is everyone else doing, any new tricks you guys are fuggin stoked on landing?
    Let me just add that Jeff Grosso is doing Gods work with his love letters, you can't not have a greater appreciation for skateboarding and the people that have been so influential in making it what it is today after watching them.
    Has anyone been following Kevin Kowalski, Ben Raybourn, or Brad McClain?? They are really fucking up the tranny game on some vicious shit IMO.

18. Used to skate tons! But alas, this new place I've moved to, I can't skate in. No skateparks near me at all, roads are too rough with a few too many potholes, plus the house is big but the property itself is too small to put a halfpipe in! I'd do it on my yard but man, It'd just look horrible. Now I've got two skateboards that just sit around lookin' pretty.