SJW's

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cheesemonger, Jul 26, 2017.

1. You can see your edited statement in the post I quoted and responded to. In the quote you said, "the more times you dodge it due to your sidestepping being a tool employed by SJW's isn't it"

I'm not doing anything masterful, dude, I just refuse to entertain questions about myself anymore. I don't ask or care to know what others identify as, and I don't feel the need to divulge anything about myself. Call it masterful dodging, Trumpism, liberalism, idgaf lol

And I get called a liberal on here all the time, which was why I was confused as to all the roundabout questioning.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Just a quick grammatical point on the sentence structure, I'm not getting in the fray here:

The lexical build of the sentence means he is referring to your sidestepping as a tool, not you yourself.
    A tool is both a means to achieve a goal and a slang-term to mean useful idiot, in this case, as the sentence is built, you can see that tool refers back to the phrase sidestepping.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I was saying the side stepping tactics you are using are the bread and butter of SJW's. I then edited it for clarity as it didn't read right when i read it back. If I was to read it the way you read it you would also have to incinuate that I think you are somehow being in the employment of SJW's (IE getting paid) hahahahahahaha what the fuck are you on woman? ffs

Also nobody said that question dodging was a liberal trait. You are conflating liberalism with SJW'ism.

Why are you still in here dodging if you don't want to answer any questions posed? It just seems that there is some type of attention whoring going on here. I don't want to know anything about you tbh at this point but you are talking like people are obsessed with you or you are somehow trying to place yourself at the center of what's being discussed without adding anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Fair enough, I misunderstood the syntax then. But then you followed up by saying I'm "easily offended", for misunderstanding a statement you yourself admit wasn't written in the best clarity.

Attention whoring, that's new. I suppose you'll also say that's not an insult. I don't think people are obsessed with me; you're the person who jumped into the conversation and has kept it going. Own some responsibility here.

5. Now watch that excellent analysis fall into the masterful hands of the victimhood game!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. EXACTLY!! I have no idea how anyone could have not comprehended the intention of this statement. The lack of logic and reasoning in this woman is astounding. Again another SJW trait. I openly said on the post when i edited that it was for clarity because it wasn't the best grammatically..... And that was within 30 seconds of me posting it and before I even had any idea she thought I was calling her a tool :lmafoe:

This thread has now gone from reasonable, coherent discussion between people with a wide range of political leanings to a cluster fuck because of the input of one person. She should just apologize for her behavior and move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I'm ok with just moving on. There's too much "apologizing" going on in the world these days.

Jon Jones is getting his belt back Saturday!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Because literally nobody else interpreted that comment in the same way as you and at that point I had no idea where you thought i had called you a tool as it has been clear to people in here (despite the grammar due to quick typing) that nowhere had I called you one. With that in mind, you appeared easily offended.

No that was meant as an insult, but I can do that now because i have already made my point many times over.

And no! The thing that kept this conversation going was your lack of the ability to answer a direct question, if you had done that we wouldn't be here. Own some responsibility?! I have clearly pointed out where I have been wrong in here (IE the grammar in toolgate). This is insane!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Lol, yeah, I've kept this going. I've just been arguing with myself for several pages.

11. It didn't read right grammatically but everyone in here but you was able to comprehend the intention behind the typo.

The funniest thing is that inadvertently you have justified my original points in the very first post in this thread. This is madness

• Like Like x 3
  12. Who is this everyone you keep mentioning? VT clarified the statement and I think maybe Praetorian is still around and is on your side.

13. It's very clear you are here just to argue when the original post was for political discussion. I'm not entertaining this anymore. If you don't want to talk about politics then you should leave.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. I'm fine with that dude, you just keep quoting and insulting me is all. I'd be more than happy to just drop my opinion off in a thread and leave without having to tussle every time.

15. Still not entertaining this

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Yes! I've been where you are friend, so many times. If I may; a small summation of my conclusions around these kinds of encounters:

It is insane! Just as insane as Trump's march to victory. If there's the tiniest snag in your post, the smallest little thing that can be blown up into a dramatic thing that has nothing to do with the objective at hand, then it's gonna be the focus of the entire discussion, and we moved from a realm of objective, calm, civil discourse, where an attempt at Socratic dialogue was made, into a realm of victimhood, persecution, and a ceaseless fingerpointing. I think this is what you hit on in your original post - it has been proven by our Bruce Lee here - that a big reason that Trump won, and that the American left has collapsed into a lampoon, is precisely because of this pattern of argumentation. The common person can't stand it, so they'll go to any length to take the wheels out from under it, even if that's teh Donald.

The extreme offense-taking, the unwillingness to commit to any kind of discussion, the labelling of opinions or people as wrongthinking, these are all strategies employed across the board, that, once we've seen them, we can put them in our wizard spellbooks, and when we encounter it again, we know what's up. I know this encounter seems frustrating right now, but it is an excellent opportunity to learn!

What I was doing with my original question, to make that clear to you, was an attempt at establishing a parity of terms. Socrates goes through this in Gorgias, a text everyone should read, in which he encounters and debates members of the Sophists. They believed that the only truth was the truth you could argue yourself to in semantics; If I can convince you that the sky is red, then the sky is red. Socrates destroys the sophists, to make it short, he makes the point that in order to have any kind of discussion -

- one must first be in agreement of the meaning of the words in the discussion. That's why I pressed her on it, and you can see the resulting intellectual honesty :laughing:. I did not get the answer I was promised in PMs, she just danced around me there too, drew in insults, called me right wing, the whole show! (feel free to report me for this as you threatened you would, lady! I do not care, it just shows that you'll blatantly lie and then exploit the rules in your favor to squash the person warning of your lies, politically adept!)

What conclusion can we draw from this? Like the babbling racist, or the mad jihadi, all we can do at this is laugh. Laugh, and plant a red-painted stick in the earth so the other tribemates don't walk onto snake territory. I've got a line of red sticks around a few blades now.

Doesn't mean it isn't fun to engage, now and then!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. So..... Inline with the original topic, is there an innate need for SJW's to disregard logic and reason in order for them to continue their relentless torrent of bullshit?

• Agree Agree x 1

18. Yes. Not just bullshit, but hateful bullshit. SJW is a faction that exists solely to fight an illusory enemy, and if the illusion shatters, they lose all their might. Just as with the KKK, or Sinn Fein, or FARC, or ISIS, or any such group that claims to be fighting an abstract enemy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. *Apologies for the giant essay, but I don't feel like not posting it after spending all this time on it. Read at your own risk!*

Didn't read the entire thread (first 4 pages or so), but I'd like to throw my two cents in; take it or leave it.

It should be pretty clear that our government, both the Republicans and Democrats, do not have the best interest of the American people in mind. Their 'best interest' is getting money from the organizations that 'support' them. Most, if not all, have been bought out, and it's been like this for decades. This is a BIG reason we have President Trump..... people want to "Drain the Swamp" as he has said.

I'm a gay, pot smoking, pro gun and atheist American who voted for Trump. Damn proud of it. The clear rabid resistance from nearly all media against him only confirms to me that I voted for the right person (in my humble opinion).

I am not a "Republican", at least in the traditional sense. Libertarian is probably the closest thing that describes my values, but there are some things in Libertarianism I also don't agree with. I just tell people I'm socially liberal, and fiscally conservative. I want to see the states have more power, and less oversight by the fed. It is the United STATES of America after all. No point in having states if the fed controls nearly everything, but I digress.

Seeing the increasing amount of SJWs, particularly in my generation (I'm 26 years old), is a disturbing thing. They, as others have stated in this thread, are not liberals. They feel no one should be 'offended' in society. I say, if you get offended, to move on and get over it. Stop being a baby, no matter what it is. You can't control what others say or believe, so why let them affect you?

You can watch countless videos of SJWs burning flags, vandalizing property, and assaulting Trump supporters, all while saying things like "F*CK Trump" and "F*CK the POLICE", etc. I'm all for free speech. Protest all you want, it's how your voice is heard for sure! But it has gone much, much further beyond that. I've yet to see a single case of a Trump "Rally" or "March" turn violent on their own accord. The SJWs are always the ones inciting the violence. I've even seen them actively destroying property at a protest while saying "They go low, we go high". Simply delusional. This insane level of hypocrisy is rampant in our current state of society.

Things like micro-aggressions and all that non-sense are simply laughable. Smoke a joint and get over it. I play hockey in my free time, and homophobic slurs are thrown around here and there. Do I let it bother me? Not at all, why should it? Even super evangelistic Christians who hatefully throw their beliefs into the public eye about homosexuality don't bother me. It's their right to say those things, and I support that. I simply choose to not let it bother me. If they were to act on those beliefs, like physically harming or even killing gay folks, then I'd have an issue with it of course (*cough, radical Islam, cough*).

I suppose all in all, the majority of Americans are sick of our current government, particularly our representatives. I know I am. How can we change it? We vote. In the years past, people simply have not done that. It's about time that we see that change. It's the only way that we, the American people, can "Drain the Swamp". No President has that power (nor should they). We have that power, but we've been too f*cking stupid to use it. Baby boomers still control the vote on both sides. That needs to change; votes should be coming in across all generations.

The loudest voices are from the fringes of both parties. The media has made it seem that they represent the majority, which is completely false. Why? Because it causes controversy, and that is how they get viewership, which nets them money. Social media has done a similar thing; it allows people to form their own little bubble of people they agree with, isolating themselves to only hearing the viewpoints that they agree with. That is a HUGE problem that is getting completely overlooked.

Again, the above is just my two cents and a look into how I see things. I'm not trying to persuade anyone who disagrees to agree with me at all. I always welcome open, candid, discussion. Sadly, it usually results in insults, but whatevs.

Wow, I did not mean to right such an essay. Congrats if you read all that, lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1