SJW's

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cheesemonger, Jul 26, 2017.

1. lol Bernie sanders talking about policy is demagoguing. Don't think you understand the meaning of that word bud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Did you read any of the CBO's reports. They found pretty consistently the ACA in its current form had problems but was not going to fail if left alone. The CBO is not some liberal thinktank. The head was appointed by deeply conservative representatives. There are issues such as certain districts not having enough competition on the govenrment subsidized market but that's only a small part of people who are covered. The best aspects of ACA was allowing 26 year olds to stay on their parents plan, getting rid of lifetime caps, providing essential health benefits, and the Medicaid expansion which expanded access to millions. Where ACA failed was relying on private industry to control costs, not providing enough subsidies so some middle income people ended up worse off, and not providing a public option to give the private market more competition.

3. Dave Rubin loves to play footsie with hardcore right wingers while shitting on liberals all day long. He claims to be a liberal but says that trumps current policies aren't that bad and allows his guests to say ludicrous things like "being a liberal is a mental health disorder." The new central seems to be full of largely deep right wingers who want to cut most of our basic govenrment programs. I'm all for free speech and I think SJW's have gone too far but people like Mike Cernovich are not centrist deep thinkers.

4. That's such a racist thing to say.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. That hashtag should be the name of a pop punk band.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. One only needs to look at 99.98% of the polls that said Hillary would win in a landslide. Polls don't mean shit.

Only Trump-loving Russian spies smoke AK47, comrade.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Politics is a waste of time and energy.

Progress is practically impossible because, for every step forward society takes .. they will always take a step backward. So treasure your freedoms while they last.

At least morally wise, we are no more or less advanced than we were during the Dark Ages.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Really though - the only thing that Politics is good for is entertainment.. and that sweet feeling when the bad policies that people voted for, come back to bite them in the ass.. :pimp:

I could never walk around the streets with some cardboard sign .. yelling at people. I could never stoop that low .. I am above that shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. You're right, I don't know the definition of demagogue, I certainly don't know anything about the Scandinavian model (why would I?), and I should take it from you, who has this politician in a striking pose as your profile photo. Like some kind of Middle Eastern dictator.
    Bernie Sanders isn't a politician, he's beyond all that, you can trust him, because he says things you like. He uses facts, and how dare I suggest he misleads you. This makes him different from Trump, who, just like Sanders, isn't a demagogue. I don't understand the meaning of that word, as you so graciously tell me.

Furthermore, Dave Rubin is talking to the people who wrongthink, to people who explain why Trump won the election beyond 'white people', which makes Dave Rubin a bad man. Listening to him will turn you into a hardcore right winger, as you define it. We shouldn't strive towards this new center - it's filled with the badpeople. Like you said, you're all for free speech, but.

Discussing anything with the left that they don't like is a fruitless issue, and has been for a couple of years. Pained me to see my ideological bedfellows turn into this, but here we are, and I think you'd be hard-pressed to deny that the credibility of the American left has taken a hard blow.

Telling people what they think is not a good strategy for persuasion.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. 100% accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Racist.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Today I identify as an islamophobe sexist paddle boat of fluctuating gender.

[​IMG]

Me at the lake earlier

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I find that deeply offensive. Only one place for you to go - Главное управление исправительно—трудовых лагерей!

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Yes! You're way above any of it. You'd never name-call, either, you wouldn't repeatedly call someone racist for trying to stop the financial drain, rape and murder of their people. You're way too cool for that.

You're right about the entertainment, but still wrong about the uselessness of political discussion, and I'm living evidence of it. Some people cannot be convinced in any way, those are extremists, and I grant you there's a helluva lot more of them than there used to be. That doesn't change the fact that you can make changes in the world - if you have courage to face dehumanizing opposition, tenacity to stick through it, resources to empower your message, and the cunning to apply all of this well. I have had my mind changed on many key issues by sound argumentation that has been evidenced in the real world, and I have done the same to others (large-scale in Norway) to great effect.

You CAN be the change you want to see in the world, Jane. If your strategy is poor, and if you give up, however, you'll never amount to anything, and you'll never change anything.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head. I wouldn't stop identifying as liberal because of the SJW crowd, though. Can't imagine many conservatives are that assed about the uber religious, science denying aspect of the right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Human nature tells us we need some category of people to hate, something we're better than in order to equate our own false conceptions of personal value. In this time where society claims it's wrong to hate anyone SJW's turn to the one group it's 'okay' to hate-anyone who doesn't agree with their often misguided vehemently passioned view of what is right. They seem to be insecure children crying for attention, terrified of being labeled as wrong void of depth of character.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NOT GONNA FAIL IF LEFT ALONE?!?! what the hell fantasy world do you live in dude? seriously. Its failing now, look around. When you have several states that have no one offering insurance, or only 1 company...thats failure. 1000000%.

• Like Like x 1
  18. How do you define 'liberal', what does it mean to you, what values does it espouse?

Furthermore, are you familiar with the term 'race pimp'? It's one I discovered recently, how would you define that term? Do you distance yourself from it, identify with it, consider it unworthy of notice, it's a tool used by white racists to discredit black race movements? Genuinely curious, given the content matter you most eagerly discuss here

• Like Like x 2
  19. Didn't you say yourself that you weren't a liberal but a progressive instead? I believe I asked you this in the past and you said yes.

20. Liberalism to me is what liberalism is meant to be. Classical liberalism is the only true liberalism, not progressiveism.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1