Sizz's Aurora Indica CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sizz, Oct 3, 2009.

1. nice setup!

i have something very similar, but due to energy cost here being insane, I will not be able to use a HPS lamp for flowering.

my plants are fine and I started the flowering cycle yesterday, but I will use tubular fluorescent lights :((

any tips for the color temperature?

for my veg, I used 4x 20w 6500K tubular fluor lights and it was quite good.

any help is much appreciated.
    thanks

2. 2700k for flowering and add more tubes if you can because they need more light in that stage;)

3. I have a good handful of photos GC but it seems that i will have to wait till tuesday sadly
    i was coming back from a friends last night and my car broke down and i walked home which i shit you not was 14 and a half miles, sucked fucking ass, and i left my camera in my car so tomorrow will have to be the day. sorry for anyone thats itching to see them haha

4. #64 Sizz, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
    i used one huge bulb cant remember the wattage but im pretty sure it was 1 2700k 300eq 4200 lumens, then 2 6500k 100eq bulbs 1600 lumens and then 2 2700k150eq watt bulbs 2600 lumens. the total lumens were 12600 so your grow should be even better seeing that you have an hps now right? but my grow set up is made so the lights circle the plant, I had no lights above it. provides the best light penetration and allowed me to spin the plant so each side got a different brightness and a mix between 2700K and 6500K spectrum everyday

5. Yes I'm using hps but now some friends are kickin it with the hps. Take a look at the pic, I added a 250 watt 15000-19500 lumens 2700k bulb & a 42 watt 2700k bulb. over 35000 total lumens :D

Attached Files:

6. nice, very nice.

hows the temps though seems like they might become a problem

7. #67 Eric Chaton, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
    I found 1 problem & solved it. I took out the 42watt. Cool air was blowing directly on it & pushing the warm air against that side of my girl @ a constant flow. With that light out, i just moved my girl closer to the vents & moved the hanging hps in that direction also. This gives me 5+ inches for the plant to now be away from the hanging 250cfl. Hopefully with the hanging 250 being just below the exhaust fan & where the intake vents are installed in the cab that when the air comes in the vents& travels through the plant towards the cfl & upward towards the hps that my temp will be very maintainable. Mind you, this is stoner speculation :smoking:

Throughout the first 11 days of flowering I have been able to keep my hps bulb within 6 inches from the top of her. I think that's a good sign of temp control. Still, I need a thermometer.

8. i used a thermometer from walmart it was awesome
    i think it was like 7$ too
    it has two parts and the first goes into the grow box and the display can be attached to the out side
    this made it very easy to check up on her because all id have to do is walk by the box and look at it instead of opening it up. temps are best between 70-75 but can go all the way up to 89 and still be fine as long as you water enough
    Id get one soon
    If your temps are too high your bud will become fluffy and light because the plants trying to allow more circulation. and what you want with that girl is dense and compact so id get on that sooner or later.

9. +rep, I'm off to walmart. :wave:

10. I just saw an older post where a guy had a 400w HPS on his plant and it looked bigger then mine and he only got 70 grams of wet weight off of it. Im really impressed with my own grow now haha

still have to wait on those harvest photos though cameras still in my car and i havent figured out where they towed it yet

11. That's fucked up for him. ahahaha Ok dude, I'm gonna go rub my face in catnip for awhile & I'll be right here waiting for pics :p

Attached Files:

12. really confused right now
    decided to look up other Nirvana Aurora Indica grows and I found 2 different ones and there plants looked nothing like mine? how the hell?
    I wonder if its possible that they gave me a different strained now then what i was suppose to get
    check this photos out, and neither of them brought the temps down to get the colors that they got

wtf am i growing then haha

Attached Files:

13. looks amazing

any different seed can have different phenotypes making them look/be different. It looks like AI.

How smelly was it while it was growing? im planning on ordering seeds soon and need a low smelling plant.

anyways great grow

:smoking:

14. this was like the smelliest plant ive ever grown or been around growing
    it was in the back of my 16foot long room in the corner and if i left the door to my room open me and my room mates could smell it 20 feet left up the stairs then 32 feet right again into the living room
    with the door shut the smell stopped and lingered in the stair case area
    she was a really smelly girl indeed

really wish i could show off those photos already

15. Id go for blue Mystic that strained was pretty low key, not very smelly at all and only got to 2 foot like the aurora

16. Did you douche her with molasses ? I have found when a girl douches she doesn't smell that bad. :D

Ever since I added molasses to my every other feeding I can barely smell her. Between you & me, I don't mind funky girls :smoking:

Your aurora looks tasty, fantastic !!

17. I didnt use molasses but i wish i would have
    ive been reading up on it a lot, maybe i will on the blue mystic and the dumpster that im start up sunday

18. I believe nirvana is all F2 strains so theres a ton of different phenos, but thats also why the seeds are so cheap. Either way great grow and looks like great smoke. +rep for that pull off of cfls!

19. #79 Sizz, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
    yea the site says F1 but ive heard a lot of other people say otherwise

at least I have the Legendary Dumpster for my next grow
    Im so excited for it

which seed suppliers are the best would you say sir?
    I'm going to have to restock after the next grow

PS thanks for the rep! haha

20. Have you got your camera back man? I can't wait to to see your finished pics.