Size of Pots?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by fm001133, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Hey guys, i will be starting my outdoors soon. i will start in a small cup under fluorescents. Then probaly a 3-5 gallon? The strain i got can get 5-6 feet tall. I bought a 10 gallon smart pot also. should i go from solo cup to 5 gallon to 10 gallon? or from cup right to 10 gallon? Is 10 gallon big enough? too big? or should i just dig a hole and fill with my soil? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You won't get 6' plants in a 10 gal pot. I use 100gal smart pots and get 7'-8' plants. I find that I can control my environment easier outdoors in smart pots.

3. I've seen people with 5-6 foot sativa in 5 gallons indoors o_O why is that unrealistic? 10 gallons is a good bit of soil.

4. 10 gallon is fine. go from cup to 10 gallon outdoors good luck

5. I got 6 foot plants in a 5 gallon home depot bucket

• Like Like x 1
  6. I really reccomend using as big as pot as possible outdoors... If anything put it into the ground.

You have to realise that 10 gallon pot will heat up easy and heat the roots too.

Im not saying it can not be done but bigger is better when it comes to outdoors.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You won't get a plant like this in a 10 gallon pot. IMG_1847.JPG

8. yeah i know

9. I should apologize. I don't know what your expectation is as your end result. If you have the means, I invite you to research, research, research, on this forum, and use the best method for your situation to obtain the best outcome. Good luck.