Size of grow room/tent and plant yield

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by StixZadinia, Nov 9, 2012.

1. I have been planning a grow cabinet or tent and wanted to know what kind of yield, obviously I'm not looking for crazy yields since this is my first grow. I'm really just looking for ballpark figures. I plan on using a tent or cabinet about 5 ft wide, 3ft deep, + 7ft height. I'm not sure how many plants I can fit in an area like this. I will be lighting my plants with a 1000w halide/HPS.

2. It depends on how large you want to grow the plants. You could do 4 to 8 decent sized plants, or more small plants.

You may not get it on your first grow, but anywhere from 1 to 2 lbs should be easily achievable.

3. Yeah I'm in it for the learning experience. But obviously I would be lying if I said I didn't want more yield. But for a first grow I'll be stoked with just about anything. Doesn't hurt that I don't have to pay for utilities at my apartment building.

4. #4 cripes0103, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
    I use a 4x4x7 tent with a 1000w HPS. If I'm using 7gal smartpots with plants vegged for about 6 weeks, then I can fit 4 in there, MAYBE 6 if I want things to get a bit crowded. As far as yield, I'm shooting for about a qp per plant, maybe more once I get the whole system dialed in, giving me 1-2lbs per full harvest, as joker said.

As far as running this for your first time, I'd say anything above 1/2lb is a success. You're gonna screw something up the first time you grow, its almost inevitable.

5. Thanks for the great input. Another question I had was in regards of placement of my tent. I unfortunately don't have a closet big enough for much, so I will be putting this tent or cabinet in my kitchen. It has a window that gets a great breeze throughout the day. Would this be ideal for my intake fan?

6. Fresh air is definitely a plus, so I'd say that sounds pretty perfect. It can be a pain having a grow tent in a closet anyway, you've gotta make sure you vent out the tent AND the closet, or you'll end up frying your plants cause you'll keep recycling the hot air and making it hotter.