Size discrimination.

Discussion in 'General' started by BobbyBlaze, Sep 29, 2010.

1. oh dip i didnt kno there were other lil fellas running around in this thread....

MY advice, comming from a fellow short person, is just not giving a fuck. When you let your height get to you, you either get:

-depressed/sad
    -angry
    -quiet/feel inferior

Short + any of these traits makes you easy to pick on, less condfident and...well who wants to be around an angry lil napoleon guy.

So i look at short kids around me who are enjoying their lives, who seem really happy. it REALLY comes down the the personality.

You've all seen not so attractive people with a million friends and girls...put 2 and 2 together, it all comes down to personality.

I've met about 4 really short guys (like 5'2-4) who were doin' completley fine. the kind of guys you'd actually want to be, you know?

that being said you shouldn't talk to anyone like theyre better then you. even if they're bigger then you and you have to look up at em, i like to use the term "big guy"

"whats wrong big guy?" :)

And as for girls, yea your height limits your options but theres PLENTY of short girls out there. and girls your height arent biased against you either, i hooked up with this bangin' ass girl who had a few inches on me.

so don't walk around like your better then everyone, but don't feel inferior. we're all human, really think about that.

Who would you rather be around, a happy little guy or a angry/sad little man?

2. I never got ma, Edumacation, So I sneak in tha library; hit on Asians; honkyz too, i aint racist if, if you dumb like me, all I can say is...

3. That's what all the girls go for these days is the asshole guy. "OH BUT HE'S SO HOT AND HAS MUSCLES AHAHA FACEBOOK AND SMOOTHIES!@@!"

If fat people hate being fat, then they should go run to lose weight.

4. Motivation is not easy to acquire, even if they really want to lose it. To me, it just happened randomly haha.

Oh and buff/beefcake guys are disgusting. Nice and toned is as far as I'll go when it comes to being "built".

5. i'm 5'0 female and i used to be about 95 lbs in highschool. i couldn't gain weight at all even when i started smoking and eating a lot and a lot of people in school spread rumors that i was anorexic or buleimic. Then my senior year i got put on birth control and started gaining weight so i became 120 and people said i was turning chunky so either way everyone judged me. now i'm 108 and "curvy" according to my peers.

and since i'm short i got called short shit or midget or all kinds of stupid unoriginal names but i really love how short i am :p

6. I see the person. Will I fuck the fat chick? No thank you. However I must point out....I wish that all fat chicks were suddenly hot and all hot chicks were suddenly fat. Imagine it. The hot girls would be the nicest, sweetest, most faithful women ever, and the fat ones would be unattractive in all aspects. Some of the most amazing individuals I have ever had the pleasure of forming a friendship with were overweight or had a little too much skin on their bones for my liking, but I still love their company. Some of the worst, cold hearted, shittyest people I've ever met were the "hot" people. I dont enjoy their company most of the time.

Its the way of the world. Dont like it? Do something. Too lazy or cant due to health problems? Sorry but nobodys gonna have sympathy for you.

Wow kinda got hostile at the end of this post...haha. I blame the weather outside...fuck you continuous shitty cloudyness. Go home!:mad:

7. Yes, or do you feel girls should just lower their standards instead?

If he had these things to the girls he wants, clearly he wouldn't have a problem.

I get a lot of negative rep on these forums..........but damn.....there is reality.

I'm not saying he doesn't have these things. In fact, to some girl he might be absolutely perfect, but obviously the point of this thread is that he has failed to impress the girls he wants.

So which do you suggest? What is your perfect solution? I said he should improve himself, if he wants to shoot for girls that currently don't pay him attention. You imply, he should wait around for a girl who accepts him for who he is?

Great theory, if you're writing a Dr Seuss book.

You're wrong.

I fully agree, that people should accept people for what they are, but that sure as hell doesn't mean i'm just going to date someone I'm totally not interested in because they are "Who they are", if who they are is nothing like what I want.

That's reality.

8. im 5'8, 155 pounds and athletic.

people might joke about my height, but i'll beat them in basketball, out preform them in football, hit the ball harder and throw the ball faster than them in baseball. and knock somebody the fuck out, if somebody has it comming to them

i love everything about myself, i would consider myself perfect. lol im smart as fuck too, if only i would ever apply that

9. haha i'm the big teddy bear guy that everyone loves.
    i also find some people to be i guess "closet jealous" of me.
    ive been "discriminated" against by guys who are jealous of me getting there girls.
    ya kno.
    hahaha
    i'm 6'4 345 and happy with myself and life.
    i'm actually "doin it" if you know what i mean
    and girls dig that

10. Yeah, you can be anything, and do just great at life. One of the happiest dudes I know is down syndrome.

But it's a balance, when dealing with relationships, of finding what you want, and being what they want, too.

End result, you're both what each other wants. If what you want, absolutely refuses you, then you're not what they want. Solution?

1) Don't change, and wait for someone to accept you for what you are. This is a waiting game, and you might not get what you want.

2) Change a bit (Cause not changing is retarded, thank god evolution didn't believe in it, or we'd all be bacteria still), to get what you want.

I'm not implying FAKE things. Don't pretend you love Twilight when you don't.

Don't change the aspects of your personality. Those are yours. But if you're like the original poster, where the girls he wants want bigger buffer guys.....who the fuck is it going to kill to put on a few pounds at the gym?

If the girl you want likes skinny nerdy guys, and you're a buff quarterback, maybe lose a few pounds of muscle.

If you like what you are, and want girls that accept you, so be it.

But if you're posting threads like this on WLTG, it's not exactly because you're happy about what you are. That's the variable.

If you're happy with what you are, and girls don't like you, well who cares, and normally it wouldn't bother you. If it bothers you, then guess what, you're not happy with what you are.....

11. At the plasma bank they pay you less if you are under a certain weight.

Is this America, I thought this was America

All of us kidz who are skinny because of good metabolism should unite!

12. Some of the best sex i have ever had has being with short big girls...

There is something so right when you are shall we say...:)

13. Have I... YES

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUb_lxbcO7Q]YouTube - Fat bitches need love too Craig![/ame]

14. You have to be this tall____ to ride the coaster.

Its demeaning to little people and brave toddlers.

15. hah rep man

16. I've been reading this for a while, waiting for someone without the attitude of a 15 year old who just discovered masturbation to chime in, and after four pages I still haven't read any fully formed adult opinions on size yet.

So many people are so easily brainwashed into liking whatever the media says is acceptable. I'm not a big person myself, but where love, friendship, reliability, companionship and attraction is concerned, size has very little to do with anything 'real'.

It wasn't that long ago that larger people, men or woman, were the most respectable, wealthy, and charming people. A man wanted a larger curvier wife, because she was healthy and would easily bare children, and women wanted a larger more robust man, because he was obviously feeding himself well, and could provide for her and her young.

Now, we have TV to tell us what to do, and from what I've read here it seems like most people are too afraid to be with someone, even when they love them, if society (ie, the television) doesn't approve. They can pretend they 'like' what they like, but it's all the same. How sad.

When you fall in love, and not just in lust, you'll realize that size isn't a contributing factor at all.
    The person can gain and lose weight, and it doesn't change how you 'feel' about them. If it does, it's likely indicative that you were simply not meant to be.. so hopefully you haven't tied the knot at this point ;-P

17. I'm 6' 4". I get a lot of people commenting on my size, but as far as I know nobody discriminates against me because of it. I do know quite a few guys who are really short, and people are assholes to them just because they can get away with picking on the small guys. Kinda sad

18. I can see true discrimination all the time based on somebody`s appearance.

I am a very tall (6 feet, 4 inches), slightly overweight (230 lbs.), but also a bit muscular man. People are just scared of me when they first see me. And no I`m not egotistical, this is from observation of people`s reactions to me when I make contact.

I have trouble getting jobs because I am deemed too threatening to seniors and timid people, but in person I am very friendly and I enjoy small talk and helping others. (I did finally get a job though :))

When I`m at a party or at a bar, me and my other friend (who is physically almost the same size) are avoided more than the average height people who are skinny as rails. Not just by women, but by everybody. I have to work hard to make new friends.

The only positive thing I get from this is that the friends I make tend to be very good friends that I can fully trust, and it keeps me from getting full of myself.:D I do have lots of friends, and I am popular among them, but it took years to accomplish this, while for others, people just instantly want to be friends with them because they appear less threatening.:(

19. I'm 5'7, 145 pounds with a babyface, people tell me almost everyday i don't look my age. But being in college, that isn't a bad thing, i can swoop freshman chicks no problem and i have had a hell of a lot better luck getting older chicks too than my friends. Shit this summer i was able to get at 3 of 5 chicks living in the same damn house! :D Not to mention i'm a boss at soccer and basketball, and i used to play football too so i'm no punk, definitely earned the respect of a lot of people through sports, and the rest through my mind. It's all about self confidence, in high school i was shy and shit, but i realized that shit wasn't going to fly in college so i put myself out there more, became more outspoken and now i can say i'm pretty happy with myself :cool:.