Size discrimination.

Discussion in 'General' started by BobbyBlaze, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Well first of all, its not an arguement, its a piece of advise.
    Second, I don't see you coming up with a solution to his problem.

And yes, I advise him to get an asian girl, because I know asian girls and asian guys, and mostly the smaller-built asian guys do just fine with asian girls in general.
    Instead of him trying to be something he's not, trying to get something thats just not worth his time.
    I would imagine he would be alot happier with something compatible.

Whats wrong with that?

2. You love calling out peoples post's tonight don't you:p

3. I like how everyone immediately started talking about fat chicks. I know what you mean to an extent about being small. If you saw me walking around you probably wouldn't take me for a large or strong guy. On the first point you'd be correct, I'm a bit shorter than average height (5'9) and I don't even weigh a buck fifty. At various points in my life douchebags have tried to give me the "why don't you eat something" routine. Once you pass the point of caring you wonder why you ever did. We're stuck with our genetics. I work out all the time and I've learned to enjoy the fact I'll always have a lean physique. You said you do the same. Might as well be tone if we can't be all that muscular, no?

What is perplexing is that I have heard that very line about wanting to feel protected from girls before. My ex told me she felt very safe around me, too, attempting to give me a compliment. It seems pretty shallow to me, only because we're not in the caveman days anymore. We rarely have to physically defend ourselves or our mate. But maybe its the females' answer to guys wanting an attractive girl. Perhaps they want someone who exudes that beefcake aura. I'd like to get more girls' perspectives on that one to see if its bullshit or not.

And you tried to solve his problem by telling him to make himself worth girls' attention. As if he doesn't already have a personality, charm, wit, a sense of humor, or whatever else one deems attractive.

4. #24 Trueblade, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    Cause were born with that, right? Everyone's unique blah blah blah :)

Regardless of your hero story, when people feel incomplete.....it's because they FEEL incomplete. Not because they ARE, but because they FEEL they are.

What if his charm, wit, and sense of humor, hasn't worked out for him?

YOU are implying, that everyone should just be like you :) That's wrong too. Glad you do well, but you discount anothers problems because you don't share them....and that is exactly what I am talking about......

Shouldn't tell a fat person they're skinny, shouldn't tell a dull person they're dumb.....

When people are confronted with problems, they don't always need or get a pat on the back of "it's ok buddy". "I did it!"

Great for you.

5. Trueblade, this is the OPs issue, and you are adivising him to change?
    "spend your energy on finding ways to make yourself worth their attention"
    Worth their attention?

Come on man, please.
    Its much easier to be yourself OP, and find someone who loves you for you, instead of trying to change yourself into something you are not.

Dont think all of the world has a one track mind and you should adjust.
    You are you, and the sooner u love and accept yourself, the sooner something comes your way which is worth while and just right for you.

If youre going to change yourself or try to find ways that 'u are worth ANYBODYs attention', thats just a waste and it will only hurt you more.

6. my whole life i've been one of those short kids that looks a couple of years younger than i am and i've always gotten shit for looking 12 or 13 when i was 16, pretty much when chicks start looking for guys, they pretty much ALWAYS go on first impression and it HURTS when all your mates are shooting up to 6 foot and growing facial hair and looking older and you're still 5' 4 and baby faced. Aswell people just rub it in like i'd be with my mates and they'd ask oh is that your little brother and they say no he's our age and they say straight to my face oh i thought you're like 12, I always laugh it off cause that's just what you do and i know that they mean it light heartedly, but it gets to you when it's pretty much everyone that says it. Especially when you start to like a girl and she likes your best mates 'cause she's sexually attracted to him. I know it's animal instinct for woman to be attracted to the more dominant guy. But i like to think the saying 'every dog has his day' comes true becuase it usually does.

7. Mickey Rooney, one of the finest screen actors in history (according to such people as Laurence Olivier and others), is 5'3", and was married to, among others, the beautiful actress/bombshell Ava Gardner, who later married, and divorced, Frank Sinatra. Roony has outlived almost every one of his generation of Hollywood stars, and he was the top screen actor for years.

8. When your friends start to look old, or get old before their time, and you look ten or fifteen years younger than they do, you'll have the last laugh.

9. it does your head in though when girls talk to your best mate who's right next to you differently but then you say something and go no girl would like you, you like you should be in primary school. Or what about when girls talk to you like your just a little boy when they know how old you are, or even when your mates get called sexy and they say oh you have such amazing eyes by like all the girls that he talks to, and all you get is aww you're so cute i want to hug him. like so many of the people that say that i look like a little kid i could insult them back and have them in tears.

10. It's natural to discriminate, everyone does it.. Even on a subconscious level. With that being said I usually try to catch myself doing it before I actually do. It's a work in progress but I don't believe you should ever judge a person by appearance, although it's hard not to.

11. The largest women in clubs/pubs hit on me.

By large, i mean "Amazon warriors", 6-7 foot giants that are built solid, probably 80-100 kgs.

I believe this is becuase I'm usually the largest guy in the club/pub, and women profile me as being "physically compatable" (yes, thats a dick refrence)

Its annoying, I know theres some size descrimination going on.. 5-6ft chicks dont usually approach me, and the giant ladys scare away my weak and frail male friends.

12. I want to give a special thanks for my prefrontal cortext for providing me with the tools for survival, And my executive decision making

13. Yeah, I have something to say about it. If I see one more fucking penis size poll here, I think I'm gonna sue somebody.

Yes, I'm joking about the legal stuff, but seriously, enough with the "sizing up" of the male demographic here already. I was seriously starting to think that GC was running some sort of weird dating service there for a while...:D

14. Hardly. I would never be so arrogant to think everyone should be like me, and that's simply nowhere to be found in what I said. I did say I've accepted who I am, but I didn't need to imply anything. I spelled it out when I said we are our genetics. Meaning you should accept yourself as you are. Bending yourself toward another's ideal is separating yourself from your own identity, and that's what you suggested. For him to make himself appeal to girls.

Hate to ask...how tall are you? :p

15. To start things off, I'm 6'2" tall.

I'm really sick of college lecture halls not being to accomodate me. There's only a few halls on campus (that I've sat it) where my knees push the seat in front of me. I literally do not fit in mst halls.

Pisses me off. I can't concentrate on lectures because I'm too busy worrying about how much my legs and knees are bothering me.

16. #36 jimboob, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    i'm a 19 year old guy, 5'3, and yea it blows. it effects me too much though, i know guys shorter then me who are happy and have a "good" life. i have a good life but...eh, i wanna be taller.

that being said the other day i went to this party, and i was a PIMP! it felt great. i've slowly gaining my confidence back latley.

the thing with short people is that everyone can make fun of us. black white gay jewish whatever, all you gata do is call me "little man" and you have that edge. I try and stay in good lean shape though. i can definalty hold my own in a fight even though i'd get tossed around a bit.

it does suck ass having to look up at guys. and FUCK you big manly dudes walking around with girls shorter then me. FUCK you guys....

sorry....can't even get mad, cause no one takes a raging lil guy serisouly....i think thats the worst part. i can't make a scene

17. I'm a tad overweight, I guess. I'm 5'11 and 250 lbs. I used to be a regular in the gym however, so I'm actually quite healthy. I've always been a large person, but I've never really been "abused" for it. I had crazy self esteem issues in grade school, but that stopped around my junior year in high school, because I realized I love myself and all.

I wouldn't really say it's "discrimination" if a fit person won't date an overweight person. They just aren't attracted to that demographic. I've never dated a black girl. Not because I hate black people, I'm just not physically attracted to black girls. I'm not "discriminating" at all. People are attracted to different types of other people.

Also, large people blaming their largeness on some sort of stupid disease or thyroid problem or whatever need to stop. I'm large because simply, I've gotten lazy and I like to eat food. I wouldn't deny this, because that's the truth. Should be as simple as that. >_>

Double also, fat girls rule. More cushin' more the pushin'. ;)

18. Im 6'3 and really skinny and get called out alot... you so skinny why dont you eat more, even my basketball coach wants me to weigh more.. I say fuck em cause you gotta love your self :hello:

19. #39 Fallenbuds, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
    I don't discriminate I literally have friends of all religion/races/sizes...even two who were in the "special" classes when I am in honors.
    My brother made fun once cuz one of my friends was really "big"...she was a sweetheart with alot of issues in her life, so don't judge man.

Literally one of the freaking chillest people I work with is overweight.
    About me personally people only say I'm a bit dippy at times and I'm kinda short.
    One thing I don't like is everyone seems to think I'm younger than I am...but other than that it's chill I don't care. Maybe if the cop catches me smokin up he'll lemme go thinkin I'm younger LOL.

Anyway, personally I like dudes who are just cool.

Oh and about the short thing, I'm short...and I like short dudes, don't feel bad if you're short! Tall guys make me feel intimidated lol.

20. [​IMG]

hahah reminds me of that movie shallow hal where they're in the diner or whatever eating and the chair collapses