Six females in a cramped closet - help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by starbuck09, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Hi,

I started 12/12 schedule less than a week ago (have 185 W worth of CLS) and all my six seedlings turned out to be female! Which is great of course, but the problem is I can't room them all in my grow cabinet... they are now still in small pots (0.2 gallon?), but I am planning to transplant two of them into bigger buckets, and then i will only be able to fit two in the cabinet (will also LST train them).

So what do i do with my other 4 females??

I know I could keep vegging them, but that would require a whole new set-up so thats not really an option.

Can I make cannabutter from them, and if so, should I wait and leave them under normal indoor lights for a while, will they mature at all? Seems like a shame to throw away these fine looking female plants...

2. why'd you have 6 seedlings in the first place, 2 mother ones would've been enough and you could've just cloned them, anyways if you don't have space you may want to consider them putting them during daytime near a window, and at night in a dark room while keeping in the cabinet the 2 that look that will grow/yield the most...other than that, well buy another cabinet. sorry i can't be of more help dude.

3. What's "normal indoor lights"? I'm assuming you mean incandescent bulbs, and if you do, no. They won't live like that. Also, no, it wouldn't be worth making cannabutter...only a week in, there's not going to be anything worth extracting.

4. Maybe look for taller pots that are less wide to make up for space ?

5. i'm gonna say what needs to be said... get rid of some of them, if you don't have the space or extra lights to keep them all going, its a sacrifice you're gonna have to make. it'll be worth it when the few survivors get that extra light and breathing room.

6. how can you tell sex within the first 2 weeks of growth?? and why if you knew you could only fit 2 plants in your cabinet you would germnate and plant 6???

7. he's right man. as u said that veggn' them some more reali isnt an option. i understand why you did six, i do. u prolly expected at least half males and maybe depending on how new you are, didnt realize the room they can take up. My best advice is if you dont know what to do with em, junk em. but when u junk them, be very picky. look for the better phenos of the strains, the better plants so to say. its a shame to do, but sometimes its just needed.

8. you should give them away or sell them to someone if you cant keep them

9. That is good advice. My $.02 is go for one large container the size of your grow space. There are some good threads and pictures about growing in big ass rubbermaid tubs. Look to them for an idea of if you could fit 3 total in your space. If not then try to pick the best two plants and compost the rest or give to a friend. Don't be stupid about possibly giving some to a friend. Your grow should be like fight club. 1st rule of grow club is you do not talk about grow club.

10. How can you tell sex in 2 weeks from planting??