Six day old seedling

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Larley.ox, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Hi I planted my amnesia lemon 6 days ago it's sprouted but one of the first leaves have not opened out but the first true leaves seem to be coming out I will upload a picture any ideas why this is ? Will it be ok ? What can I do ?

Attached Files:

2. It's hard to see from these pics, but sometimes the membrane that covers the plant embryo while still encased in the seed doesn't come off all the way even though the seed shell has already fallen away. Do you see anything clinging to the side that isn't opening up?

3. I looked nothing is clinging on its just the leave won't open

4. But the main to leaves are still growing out

5. I wouldn't worry. From what I understand, the cotyledons are energy storage, to get the plant started. Those true leaves will push right up and be absolutely lovely, I'm sure.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  6. Well that's the most important thing. .. the cotyledon are just there to feed the plant until it has enough true leaves to start photosynthesis. It doesn't really matter if they are misshapen as long as the plant is healthy and new growth continues. I've never had a plant do what yours is doing, bit unless someone else chimes in with something I'm not aware of I'd think it'll be fine.

7. Beat me to it! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok thank you mate

9. Thanks too