Six bulb t5 (48") or 150W HPS for single autoflower

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by googoogajoob, Jun 5, 2011.

1. #1 googoogajoob, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011
    Looking to build a box around one of the two lights I have available to me, a six bulb, four foot t5HO fixture, and a 150W HPS. I also have two single 4' t5 fixtures. I already have these.

I only want to grow a single plant, and I'm hoping for at least two ounces every two months, but obviously more is better. I've seen people pull it off with CFLs in a couple grow logs here so I don't think I'm being too optimistic.

The t5 puts out more light, but over a broader area, so I'm not sure which would be the better way to go.

2. a 330+- watt fixture is great for blooming two plants, I think i've seen people use the hps150 to bloom a single plant- you can get good results that way, depending on strain of course...

3. Well, I was thinking I'd build an enclosure with the 6xt5HO at the top, and a single t5HO on the left and right, and then try to scrog out the plant as best I could.

4. that makes sense, i just assumed it would be faster using the scrog technique if you are trying to fill the space and you are growing two plants