Single plants make sense?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by logistixz, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Pros run SOG because it is the quickest, which for them translates to less exposure to getting busted. With a SOG each plant is growing independently so no need to wait for fewer plants to veg out and fill the same area. So for the same area, a larger number of smaller plants is "beneficial" in that a pro can set up a grow house and by the time anyone would see anything suspicious on the electric bill they are out of there already.

For a personal grower, the best way to look at growing is per square foot, not per plant. And whether you use a SOG and cram lots of little plants into an area or you use LST or scrog or topping or supercropping in order to grew fewer plants that are much larger, you can achieve pretty much the same yield per square foot either way. Growing fewer, bigger plants has advantages for many personal growers in that it is much more cost-efficient when growing from seed rather than from clone, and in some states the cultivation laws are based on number of plants rather than overall weight so the legal risk can be lower.

2. Thanks everybody for the replies, here's a little additional info.

I want to this setup to be in a small grow tent, measures out to be about 2' deep - 3' wide - 5' tall roughly

I'm going to try the bubble bucket route with these plants, I think I will try to start with 2 first and see how it goes.

I'm stuck between deciding on either CFL's/4 tube T5 setup or 400w HPS/MH...

3. If u chose the 400 u are going to have to grow more than 2 for sure. Maybe a 250 hps if u want to keep you number down

4. If u chose the 400 u are going to have to grow more than 2 for sure. Maybe a 250 hps if u want to keep you number down

5. If one plant is all you need and can accommodate than go with it.but you still need all equipment .
    Once you have it all you ll only be replacing soil , bulbs etc.

More plants does nt equal more weed.
    Why not buy fem seeds
    Dave

6. I would go with the400. Any hps or mh is 100x better than cfl. That would be a little overkill though for 2 plants. U could fit more under that hood

7. I mean you COULD it makes sense...Growing any amount of plants makes sense. Its just growin.
    BUT I wouldn't. You can put like 3 or 4 and not grow em to big and they won't be a hassle. If thats why you only want a single one...
    If your focused on yeild than i think your overestimating how much you get from a single plant...Its usually not even a QP if its a small plant...So i think if you had a few more you could very easily get around that same amount but with much smaller plants, but if you have the full setup I would just get down to the get down and do it with the maximum amount for that room...

8. Yeah thats why you should have like 6 - 10 plants outdoor for money makin and whatnot...
    and then like 2 or 3 that you labor over and you get your headsmoke:)
    I don't see why it doesn't make sense... Its not like you spend the same amount of money on a 10 x10 setup than like a 4 x 5 ya know? Its a HUGE difference. You can very easily spend money on just the necessities you don't need fuckin c02 tank and regulator and a A/C and nutrients...Shit you don't even need an HPS really. Its much better in the longrun, but if you think its just gonna be a casual hobby i dont see why you would go balls deep into a grow op...

I've seen weed that came out of a 3 plant closet with desk fans and fl's [and sun baths outside:)]with somene who spent the time and attention come out better than some weed that came out of a full flegde room that costed thousands of dollars by people who have the money and the "knowledge" but no actual EXPERIENCE.
    jUST GET IN THERE, AND DO WHATCHA GOTTA DO. the rest will come later.
    But i do suggest in AT LEAST a good light...And good soil. Everything else is really secondary.. Where are you, how are temperatures?

9. Well guess what? People have been growing dank herb forever and they didn't need 3 grand of equipment and thats for damnn sure. Jump off your high horse for a second and get back down to earth.

1500 is STILL more than he would need. For one plant you can do a little closet for under 700$ IF THAT when you do it wisely.
    I've had the product of a cheezy 3 plant set up that i fucking GUARANTEE would blow your mind. In fact, i'll bet your very first harvest with all that fancy shit wouldn't even COMPARE to this guy whos been growing this way since he was 12 years old.
    Chill out. Were here to share and give advice, not to criticize people for talking about stuff that THEY ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT...
    I'm only seeing one person thats either "dumb" "REALLY high" "or just a straight pretentious dick and its definitely not me...Not OP...aND I KNOW iTS NOT POINTSWEET....So who else could it be???

Smoke another bowl and lay the fuck off.

10. #31 Hali Hostility, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    I've seen a pretty small plant say like 4 feetish give off a QP- HP...With cfls...BUUUT we always did sunbaths all day. They were only indoor during the dusk and cold and night.

11. I did one of my grows with only one plant.

Felt like i got kicked in the nuts when all the time I spent vegging it went to waste when it turned male.

If you really only want one plant you should start with two and hope you get at least one girl. Even if you get two girls you could axe one and keep the better looking one.

12. ^ or get feminized seeds.

13. Or clones. SOOOO much easier.
    Or just buy a mother from a clinic...