Single Plant grow, which light?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by BobMarley420420, Nov 3, 2009.

1. ok thanks, Imma cancel the 300W CFL's for the side lights and jjust got with the one 400w HPS/MH bulbs. get a nice reflector and cover my walls in reflective coating

2. What strain is that? =)

3. Hey guys I plan on Vegging for 24 hours a day for 2 weeks, then 24 hours of complete darkness to induce flowering. Then I plan on doing a 12/12 hour light/dark cycle. Anybody with any experience in this, any input is much appreciated, thanks.

4. I would let it veg longer than 2 weeks, it should veg for at least a month

5. I was told by an older close friend who used to grow but this grow I will take your advice,

Do like 24 hours sunglight for 2 weeks then 2nd 2 weeks do 18 hours daylight/6 hours dark period for 2 weeks, then I have a question here:

a)Do I leave them in the complete dark for 24 hours, then set there clocks to
    12/12 day/dark cycle till the end.

b)Do I just switch the clocks to 12/12 and this should do what I like?

I'm really not going for tall huge plants i just want compressed nuggets =) with a nice cola. Again this is my second grow first was hydro, this is in soil 5 gallon bucket. What woikl recommendations does anyone prefer?

Thanks for any input

6. Clone only.called Secret Weapon.

no need for the 24hr darkness before running 12/12, just run the timer at 12/12 when it is time to flower. The cfls may be overkill, but.....They give off more uv light than an HPS will, they have better usable light as far as plants are concerned (just not efficient enough to use by themselves for anything taller than a foot) and they WILL help the side buds out quite a bit. More light is more light. If you add some blue (6500K) cfls to your flowering setup, the stretch is not as severe so the nodes stay closer together. It is up to you, but additional cfls will not hurt.

7. That's what I was thinking with the CFLs on the side, would help the side buds. Ok cool, I guess that's the Verdiect 1 x 400W HPS/MH Light and two 300w CFLS, probably go to four when it's more than one plant. =) Any Soil I can buy locally that you guys suggest or any tip are much appreciated

OVERGROW!

8. wow.....wicked..........less light one plant homie..........that link iz crazy........

9. Ok guys about all this, imma have about 5-1/2x5-1/2 one for veg and one for flowering. This is the lights I decided to go with:

Both are CFLs

I have 2x500w light output flourex lights with reflectors with 6500K light spectrum for vegging
    -I might go to 4 of these

I have 6x300w light output with 3 on each chrome reflector with 2700K light spectrum for flowering
    -Should I point the light towards the plants or should put them sideways (seems more light to the plants side ways) Also at the bottom I'm going to put 4 on each side of the plant that are 100w each with the 2700K light spectrum

Looking for you guys input I appreciate everything so far, I even want opinions on how many plants to grow, imma do all feminised seeds, so I was thinking 4 plants at a time, how many could i go up to? I have white widow, and some other fems, don't know the names at the moment.

-Mylar is the best thing to line my box with? The housing for everything will be about 5-6 feet tall

-Imma have two 6" holes on each side one will be hooked up to an a/c unit (inlet fans at box hole)and the other will be hooked to a 6" carbon filter (outlet fans at he box hole) ordered from somewhere, any suggestions?

Also think imma do 24hours of light for 4 weeks, then either go straight to 12/12 in the flowering chamber or do 24 hours of complete darkness then to 12/12 (I can't decide, lol)

Thanks for all suggestions and help

Bob Marley :D

10. Mylar is good stuff, but I prefer Reflectix. Its mylar on bubblewrap. Scatters light better than a flat surface. Lowe's and Home Depot have it in 2' and 4' wide by 10' rolls. 2' roll is $21 and 4' is $42.

11. thank you sir

OVERGROW THE WORLD

12. im growing one and i have a 120 w grow light. works really well