Single cola grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blazing4204365, Jul 4, 2016.

1. I read a thread somewhere (not here), some time ago, about choosing taller skinnier pots when aiming to grow fat single colas - because "shaping the rootzone" would influence the foliage shape-development.

Been trying to search for verification, without luck. So I turn to GC in hope that someone here could help me out?

Does skinnier, taller pots influence lateral growth in a way that would serve my singel cola growing?

Thanks

2. I just searched around, and of all the posts and threads on many different forums that I read only one said anything about a deeper pot being better for a single cola grow, and nobody backed up the statement. That said, single cola grows are typically sogs, so for the shear purpose of fitting more plants, taller skinnier pots would make sense.

I don't have an answer, or any experience with them, just trying to help. If it was better, I'd say it would be getting talked about. Instead, they're talking genetics (some stains better than others for single cola), and trimming, and plant spacing, etc.

Good luck.

3. Thank you so much for taking the time to try answering my question. Really appriciate it.

4. No problem, your question got me thinking so I needed to know, lol. I'm still new, so pot shape or height vs width, if it made a difference in the way the plant grew, was something I wanted to know so I didn't screw my plants ability to hit it's potential. I've definitely learned a lot here, some things I'll never do again, some things I'm trying with some clones just to see how it affects yield for my setup, etc.

Sorry I couldn't give you a definitive answer, but if you search enough and hit the right keywords if it's something known you'll find someone talking about it. And if it's something worth doing, you'll find many talking about it.

Good luck with your grow.

Happy smoke trails!

5. #6 dickie fickle, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    As far as I know (afaik) it is mostly dependent ..on genetics for big colas. . I'm thinking you mean one BIG cola ? because as stated above if you take and use skinny pots and cram as many pots as you can fit in the grow area ...the plants really have no choice but to grow single colas due to plants touching each other ....but you can also choose strains that have a propensity toward BIG single colas and grow monster ones , but not in a small skinny pot and not all crammed together