Singapore jailed a 25 year old Indian National for smoking pot...

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Mikeferdy, Oct 25, 2012.

1. STOMP - Courtroom - Auditor who turned to cannabis jailed

For you primitive imperial system folks... 0.21 grams is 0.00740753 ounces worth of Marijuana he's going to jail for 6 months for...

2. :) singapore's great, i used to live there... alot of u rage u lose moments

3. Sad.. Strong vibes to that brother!

4. singapore kills people pretty regularly too. we just dont hear of it often;
    the singaporean govt murdered 2 teenage girls for drug trafficking back in the 90s. they were 18 when caught.

CharonBoat.com

wat a waste.

5. Yea... Our PAP manage to keep majority of the death penalties away from the media... We were ranked top in executions back in the 90's but records are not easily found... Our media is state owned so we can't expect to get the 100% truth...

But I did manage to dig up a couple of records
    List of death penalty for Cannabis in Singapore | Facebook

But Malaysia beats us in the hanging department...

6. Thats a couple of hits worth. he get 6 months. wow.

7. I find it weird how the exact same *plant* can be so illegal in different parts of the world, and other places like Canada specifically, wont care if its under an ounce. Maybe a ticket, but 99.999% of time if people smell weed nothing will be done.

8. They did find they dude that he bought the weed from, sounds like your boy may have let his mouth run while he was with the pigs . . . .

9. sounds to me like singapore is trying to drive away foreign students :laughing:

10. every pot smoker is familiar with grams lol..sucks to be this dude though. i wouldnt like to travel to other countries where it would get me such a ridiculous out come

11. 7 ounces in Singapore is a death penalty my friends. 7 ounces also happens to have a street value of approximately $4000 USD there. Talk about the value of a life..

12. Damn that sucks. How exactly did the laws make its way of being "harsh" and "strict"? Was it perhaps the U.S. has to do something with this?

13. The U.S. pressures other countries to make drugs illegal, but they don't decide the penalties. Then again it is the U.S. government and we have no idea what kind of ideas the CIA puts into people's heads.

14. fuck Singapore *****

15. That's true, it seems like they try to impose their behavior onto other countries calling it "helping", this isn't helping more like counter-action. Since we have the internet and increase number of activists, maybe we'll see a change...

16. Maybe... but i doubt Singapore is being pressured by the US to do anything. if that was the case, Singaporeans would be enjoying free speech and human rights. which is, not the case.

17. To be specific, meaning the USA imposing their drug laws. Doesn't the DEA do this in other countries, for instance when they were in South America until the gov. told them that their country would work on improving themselves.

Why are Asian countries so strict on their laws on Cannabis?

18. [quote name='"shaddytheman"']

To be specific, meaning the USA imposing their drug laws. Doesn't the DEA do this in other countries, for instance when they were in South America until the gov. told them that their country would work on improving themselves.

Why are Asian countries so strict on their laws on Cannabis?[/quote]

The US forces the E.U. to enforce drug laws or we won't do trade with them, its written into our trade agreements with foreign countries, Shits fucked up

19. It really is, U.S. seems more like the big brother-bully type, either agree with us or we don't fuck with you.

20. Ok, here's the thing about Singapore's drug policy from what I can gather...

Singapore has no scientific research into drugs ever...

The first drug policy was when we were a british colonial state when the British decided to place the death penalty on opium trade...

After WWII and our Independence, we have zero scientific research into any drugs at all... All we had was the british death penalty on opium...

Around the early 1970's, the ruling party adopted the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotics and basicly just put the death penalty on everything on the list...

In fact, if you take a look at our drug death penalty list,
    CNB - Drugs - Controlled Substances In Singapore

you will see only the "original" drugs are attached with the death penalty. Cocaine, Cannabis, Opiates and Meth.

All other synthetic drugs that came after this original treaty just got "heavy" punishment. We don't even have any laws on bath salts...

Our scientific research is mostly based on the Singapore's HSA and FDA treaty. A lot of our substance act is just a carbon copy of the FDA's list.

Which is why we are very interested in USA's drug war policy because our ruling party just copies everything the DEA and FDA says, except for the death penalty part.

And we cannot protest because it is against the law to protest.