Since when are movies social?

Discussion in 'General' started by stew12, Aug 3, 2007.

1. I just went to Rogers Video and rented 300, while browsing the movies, i see a few groups of people i know. The first people i see say "WHat are you doing here by yourself?" I reply... "What are you doing here.. at the movie store?"

The second group there were 2 girls 2 guys, all come up to me, sympathetic looking. I tell them what i rented, one says "all alone?" and they walk away whispering and shit.

Going to a movie theatre can be a social experience, but when it comes down to it. You're looking and focusing 100% of your attention to the screen, no bonding, no getting to know eachother. who else likes to watch movies alone?

ps how is 300?

2. THIS

IS

SPARTAAAA!

Its awesome. :)

3. I like to watch movies to watch them. If im with other people I start conversations and I just cant stop talking, I wont even watch the movie.

:hello:eric:hello:

4. Renting movies is not social at all, but if you go to the movie theater by yourself people act weird. I wonder why that is? anyone know?

5. I just got a new 37 inch SHARP Aquos 1080p TV, a few hours ago to watch 300 on :tonight. Eric alot of my freinds are like you, moslty girls that talk forever if given any recognitionm during a movie.

Hot fuzz is one of the funniest movies..ever.

6. http://quicksilverscreen.com/ipb/index.php?showforum=21

That forum kicks ass for new releases and streaming cams. Links die quickly, but these guys find new ones almost immediately as the movies come out.

I go to the movies all alone if I want to see a movie my girlfriend or friends don't want to see. I went to saw III, hostel, 28 weeks later, final destination 3, etc.

you gotta start living your life the way you want to and stop caring what everyone else thinks. there are billions of people in the world man. that's right, fucking billions. you are just as unique as you want to be so fucking WAKE UP and live.

7. Dude, I'm watching that very same link right now.

Ice Cold Beers and "300." I should be walking around with a 3rd testicle I'm so manlified.

8. My sister bought 300 on DVD today, I'm gonna finish rolling up this j and watch it in 72" of glory. :smoke: :D

[​IMG]

But yeah man that is weird about the movie store. I get my movie and get the hell outta there :)

9. I like watching movies with certain people, other people just piss me off because they can't sit still and watch the goddamn thing. One of my buddies is so retarted when it comes to movies, I swear he couldn't follow the plot of something stupif like Finding Nemo if his life depended on it. I tried watching Snatch with him, it was a funny experience, but if I hadn't seen it before I would have ended up strangling him to death.

10. I havent been to the movies in shit, Atleast 5 years... No reason to.

Dont really watch movies but when i do ill jus get stoned and chill by myself or with my girl.

And thats like going to the gas station is a social activity. :rolleyes:

11. I hate that little hunch back who sells them out. Bastard.

12. Sorry but it sounds like the people you know are ridiculous, perhaps obnoxious, douches.

13. Holy fuck what a coincidence.

I watched 300 and hotfuzz last night too.
    well i passed out halfway through hotfuzz but still.

14. I've never seen 300, perhaps I will rent it since I have my house to myself this weekend :D

15. You should its good.

I just saw the simpsons last night all by myself. And you know what, I fuckin loved it.

16. I got 300 on dvd from my friend when it came out. He's got a whole bootleg operation going, hundreds of dvds and growing. When I got 300, I just watched it over and over. Awesome movie. But I have wondered why people expect you to go to movies in groups. I just want to go alone