Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Since i started toking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by monsterhill, May 4, 2009.

1. I have been toking for nearly 3 weeks straight now and the reason i toke is so that i can get relief from anxiety ,depression and bad nerves.

I smoke take a few hits from my bong each day and i take a few rolled tobacco / marijuana smokes with me on my travels so that people would not be suspicious if i smoke mj when i am outside.

Today i had a bad case of nerves and anxiety and a touch of stress so i toked up it went and for a good two hours i kicked back relaxed and was fine. It helps me a lot.
    an 8th lasts me a month because i only toke enough to take the egde of my health problem off.

For the past two days i have been feeling very tired a lot and out of breath. Could this be as a result of smoking?

I have nothing but praise for how marijuana has helped me in a short space of time when in the past i spent years going to the doctors and other placed for help.

But i am just worried if smoking for two or three times a day for three weeks could cause any health problems?.

So many people keep telling me how bad marijuana is and other say how good it is but how can you tell what facts are true or not?
    It seems that most info on the net about marijuana is biased.

All i know is that i have not felt low since i started toking and when i have stopped for a day i felt fine and happy. I can see life more clearly and do things but today doing stuff has been one big task i had to push myself to do things and when i did do these things i felt out of breath.

2. I would venture to guess its from the tobacco.

3. #3 SovietRed, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
    Good for you. I know how you feel. When i'm all nervous or when my nerves are shot i take some hits from the bowl with my girlfriend and i feel better during and after.

No health problems. You are inhaling smoke so you may start to cough more often, but i've been smoking everyday for the last 3 months and i'm fine. If your tolerance is low you will most likely experience some burnt out feelings or ghost high which sneak up on you way after you got high(sometimes days after)

Good job using it in moderation. Just enough to take the edge off.

4. ya bro what he said

if ur really using it for medical mainly i would look at a vaporizer. that will really help get rid of the smoke if it is from marijuana

5. #5 Chaz UK, May 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
    Hi man, lovely post i also have anxiety and depression and also smoke to help with it. The only health problems you should be worried about is the tobbaco as for the cannabis, if it made my legs dissapear my life would still be better with it, more to the point.

As for the long term effects, there's no conclusive medical evidence to suggest that cannabis causes permanent damage. But there's a risk of dependence on the drug after long term use and this can make it difficult or well-nigh impossible for the addict to function "normally" without it.

Taken from Effects of Cannabis, Side Effects, THC, Paranoia, Anxiety, Depression - Guide4Living

6. I'm definitely bankin on it too.

7. Thats what i think but i have not had it happen very much. I hardly smoke tobacco.
    Do you think the shortness of breath would go away if i stopped the tobacco smoking?

8. I think you should consider making smaller pure marijuana joints :) everyone does it, smokers tend to put tobbaco in such as myself. As for the breath problems.. erm ive been smoking for 5 years and i am not very fit never having any breathing problems myself i would find it hard to believe in the amount of time you have smoked it that it would of developed any problem whatsoever.

9. I hardly smoke at all compared to other people i know. It maybe because i had a panic attack / anxiety today and i toked up it went for three hours and maybe it came back since i am not high now.

It only came on today i think it is the anxiety but i am gonna go get it checked out Tuesday if i can get down the doctors.

Either way when i toke up it clears my anxiety ,panic and depression. I know if i did not take marijuana i would still keep feeling low nervous and lifeless.

I do not know why something so helpful is illegal and its not as harmful as Valium and anti depressants yet they make it illegal. It is one crazy world we live my friends.

10. Yup i refuse to see the doctor they would put me on the highest strongest dosage of antidepressants but i dont want some stupid pill i already know whats best for me.

11. Me too. I lost faith in the doctors for that kinda stuff a long time ago. Hopefully when my first grow is ready for harvest i will learn to cook with marijuana and make some cookies and brownies and such :)

That why i can eat when i am out and toke a bong when i am not. All around happiness :D