Sin City

Discussion in 'General' started by stoned_soldier, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Ok heads, so tomorrow is the official release of the Sin City DVD - FINALLY! I've been waiting so freaking long to own this movie (since i saw it Sunday April 3 heheh yeah i remember the day lol). It's witty (my kind of humour, like a grotesque Snatch-like humour), dark, violent, and colourful. Yes, the blacks and whites add to the colour and pronounce it - accentuate it.

I hope it comes with the SIN CITY shot glass like it was advertised 'round here. Get drunk, watch the movie. Sounds like a fuckin' plan. Only thing is I can't for the life of me decide whaich of the 4 covers I should get. I like Marv but the cover doesn't look as good as the Hartigan one. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

It comes with 4 covers - Bruce Willis & Jessica Alba, Benicio Del Toro & ?, Mickey Rourke & Goldie twin (name?), and Clive Owen with shit what's-her-face the black girl, really sexy. Rosario Dawson ?? i dunno

Eh. So just for conversation, who's gonna be like me waking up before opening time, rush the store and be the 1st on the block to buy this movie - and who's your favourite character. Mine's Marv, he's just so funny. And Kevin, the guy who talks in huge words.

2. didnt kevin not talk the whole movie? wasnt he played by frodo..

i cant remember, i saw it day it came out and sorta forgot some stuff.

yea im looking forward to buying it that movie was pretty awesome

3. fuck me, i fucked up the character.. i meant the guy in the beginning with his partner who get "tested" by their boss.. the guy who uses big words, not Elijah Wood, my mistake

4. Miho was my favorite character <3

5. my friend works at the video store, and let me rent it two days ago ;) hehe great flick.

6. i was psyched about the movie coming out on dvd until i found out that a 2-disc edition was gonna be relesed in the near future...so now i will just wait until then

7. hmm i just love that movie...i saw it 4 times in thearters...all times i was high haha. And about 30 times at home, i downloaded it off some site...my favorite character would have to be marv...hes just so fucking bad ass and just halarious at the sametime. I love when hes talkin to one of the guys and hes flushin his head in a toliet and hes like "HELL NEVER TALK!!" then it cuts to him in a car with that guys face in the ground and hes driving and hes like "i dont know about you but im havin a ballllll" hahaha i love how he says it, so sick. And everytime he kills someone who has a sick jacket hes like, "now thats one fine coat ya got there" haha great fuckin flick, soooo ready for the sequel...

8. yeah, i saw it when i was in Vegas a couple weeks back. it was playing in our hotel rooms, so i went downstairs and got my 1:00 AM chicken fried steak, brought it back up and ordered it up...it had me SO engrossed then sometime after the scene where the lady gets her arm cut off i fucking passed out cold...only to wake up at the end with that devil guy. anyway i thought it was beautiful and violent and funny...SO unusual. cant wait to see it again!

9. i bought it this morning, but it doesnt work in my peice of shit xbox so i have to carry this fat old dvd player upstairs to watch it

10. Well, sorry for the wait and all, I've been busy hehehe.. I have to admit it was much better the 1st time i watched it cuz Toronto audiences in large groups can be so fun sometimes.. When I saw it in theatres everyone was cracking up or going awwww sick then laughing some more.. I wound up getting the Marv cover with Wendy aka Goldie, it was just better for some reason.. I can't wait for the 2 sequels coming out soon either.. I havn't read the books at all so I know I'm gonna be surprised when they come out, but we're gonna have to wait a year before the next one comes out.. I hope they keep every crew member the same so that it's exactly in the same style..

Oh, and when I bought it, it came with a SIN CITY shotglass, which is pretty cool, now all I need is some liquor..

Yeah, there's a Special Edition coming out at around xmas time, 2-discs and loads of extra features, but really, what are you paying for - the features.. I paid for the movie, and that's all I really need right now.. Maybe I'll rent it when the Special Edition comes out or borrow from a friend down the road, I don't think it's worth buying if I've already bought it..

I'll tell you one thing though, this disc is gonna get its mileage, oh yes..

11. well i rented it for tonite, sounds like i may enjoy it;)

12. I work for a video/game store so I got to rent it days before as well ;)

I wanted to see it in the theater but I never got around to it. It's on my computer, full rip. I plan to buy it when i got the extra money but it's not a top priority.

My favorite part in the movie is the beginning. Some may find that weird but I just thought how well that was put together... it was just brilliant. I really get into hitmen scenes/movies.